Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conferences using and paying their own refs is a huge problem. In fact, the whole de-centralization of college sports is a big problem. Needs to be a central body looking out for the game, not a league. Sankey has made this problem very clear recently. No pro league would let conferences become so imbalanced and let one megalomaniac run amok. It's ridiculous and a bad system.
The biggest negative in college football this era has been the incompetency and decline of the NCAA as an institution.

The biggest negative in college football this era has been the incompetency and decline of the NCAA as an institution.
I'd argue Saban and SEC/regional dominance, but to each his own. I'd just love to see national intrigue and parity again. This era has become so stale and social media just makes it worse with so many recruits being followers instead of trailblazers. If Pruitt were still here, I'd have so little hope...but Hype = Hope. Thank god we got him.

If the game is stopped due to player injury that player sits out a quarter of play. Team he is on can’t sub other than replacing that player. The injury fakes have gotten completely out of control all across college football.

The player safety excuse is such BS. If it’s about that then keep them out a quarter, 30 minutes, something. Would solve this nonsense right away

If the game is stopped due to player injury that player sits out a quarter of play. Team he is on can’t sub other than replacing that player. The injury fakes have gotten completely out of control all across college football.

The player safety excuse is such BS. If it’s about that then keep them out a quarter, 30 minutes, something. Would solve this nonsense right away
I would say injured player sits out remainder of the series and team cannot substitute any additional players except for the injured player during the timeout unless the offense substitutes players.

And you realize that if you go to any other team’s message boards (and yes, even Alabama) they’ll say the same exact thing about every other team.
Very true. UK basketball has some fans dedicated to a website showing how UK gets screwed over in BASKETBALL by refs. It's every sport, every team if we're being honest. I once stumbled upon a european soccer message board, one could literally copy and paste identical posts from a UT board. And yeah, same for every SEC football board too. Guess it may just be a part of the nature of tribalism mentality.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Milton could score a few imo. He'll at least stress the defense. Best runner. And they'll at least have to respect his deep shots, whether or not he hits them. Will open up the run game. And this isn't a classical Bama defense.

So...yes.

41-20 imo without Hook

41-33 with.

And no idgaf if fans don't want to see him, as long as the coaches and players can get behind him is all that matters. JG 2019 all over again, 90% of fans would've benched him the rest of the way and we'd have gone 4-8. But JJ and the team believed in him and he helped us win and avoid total disaster...for that stretch at least. Don't care, just win.
This whole post is completely delusional. Lol. Milton isn’t scoring 20 on Bama. And many players gave up on JG and were frustrated with him. Did you forget we won 3 games last season with him? Do you think that’s a coincidence? Team didn’t trust JG and knew once we got down, we were done.

I'd argue Saban and SEC/regional dominance, but to each his own. I'd just love to see national intrigue and parity again. This era has become so stale and social media just makes it worse with so many recruits being followers instead of trailblazers. If Pruitt were still here, I'd have so little hope...but Hype = Hope. Thank god we got him.
Well I would say the two are related. I have a feeling more money than SMU spent in the entirety of their death penalty era was spent every year by Bama prior to the NLI deal. If the NCAA still had the stones Bama would have been hit with so many penalties and sanctions that Nick would’ve been back in the NFL.

People joke about Pruitt and the McDonald’s bag but where do you think he learned that? Not a coincidence that Tosh Lupoi was rumored to have given recruits cash in coffee cups. They were so blatant about it for so long and the NCAA stood by because they were making too much money from the booming TV deals to care about maintaining a fair playing field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back