Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you drop for injury and the game is delayed because if it, you have to sit out the series.

Is the problem with this potential rule that players, in fear they will have to sit out a bit, might play through injuries they might otherwise have sought help for?
I'm sure that's the reason that would be given. Plus it's difficult for officials to keep track of that for more than one play, they've got a lot of other things they have to be doing beyond making sure a certain guy stays off for 1 to potentially 15 plays.

Reactions: omghulkhands
“Shoot, I’m into whatever our fans want to do on Saturday night for this one,” Heupel said after being asked about the Checker Neyland concept. “I think you want to play an exciting brand of football, you want to compete really hard, bring fans to the stands. I think we’re doing that right now. And then you want your fans to enjoy the moment, man. Saturday night will be a great environment, but need it to be a hostile environment.”

“We need to make it tough for those guys to communicate,” Heupel said. “Our fans understand that they play with tempo and in their communication, so we need to make it loud and make it uncomfortable for them.

Oops, Coach Heupel, maybe we need more clarification as a fanbase from here on out…🤠

I love seeing the players putting forth a Twitter campaign supporting the fans and thanking Volnation today. They get it and I feel like they understand fans have had their back and it’s time they had ours and that we can use this as motivation us against the world and screw everyone else.

Also who wakes up and think man I need to bring my golf ball to the game? At least the mustard I could see someone putting alcohol in it or grabbing it from concessions. I think the golf ball is what is making all the media losers go off the rails

Ask @peaygolf or @TennesseeGolfer why…they probably went straight to the game and forgot the golf ball was in their pocket…looked like a pitching wedge the way it landed. Almost holed out! They deserve applause 😂

I'm sure that's the reason that would be given. Plus it's difficult for officials to keep track of that for more than one play, they've got a lot of other things they have to be doing beyond making sure a certain guy stays off for 1 to potentially 15 plays.
Build a little penalty box on each sideline like hockey has.

Reactions: bigorange and UTJoe
Can you imagine Tennessee firing a coach inside of two years after winning a national title? Lol but sure, it's Tennessee fans with an impatient and unrealistic fanbase. Name me one other legacy program that would put up with the garbage Tennessee has and not completely explode. I remember when Spencer Hall of EDSBS fame talked about how tough it was to be a Gator Fan circa 2013-17. Yeah, real rough go of it they've had.

There is no fanbase with the mettle, resolve, and loyalty of this one. It is simply beyond question.

If we get enough people wanting to give $$, here's what we do:

Set up a go-fund-me
Set up a 401-c
Pick a genuine charity (I nominate ST Judes)
Pay 50% to that charity
Pay remaining 50% to recruit(s), NIL money to be spokesperson.

its-science-anchorman.gif

28 defensive injuries on 78 plays. Would be interesting to know how many were on third down.
It would be interesting for someone with access to all the video feeds to look at each questionably injured player right before they drop and see if there appeared to be communication from the sideline.

If any signals were coming in regarding when to flop and which player, they probably wouldn’t have been too sneaky, because who’d be looking for that? If something like that could be tracked down and documented, and then made public, it would leave some fun in its wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back