Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I think a part of holding him out further is that Carvin is learning the position of C with game action. Cooper has at least 3 years of eligibility left and could potentially get a RS this year depending on how much action he sees, don't be surprised if he doesn't play against Bama either. It's a measured plan, but one I don't hate.

These are the guys who have already used a RS. Typically on the OL you always try to RS the freshmen or guys not in the 2 deep. Cooper has only played I think in 2 or 3 games so far.

Lampley
Harris
Ball
Davis
Perry
Robinson
Calbert
Akporoghene
Lane
He has played two games. You are only going to play him two more games when we have five games left? We need offensive linemen bad. You can’t sit one of your best offensive linemen.

On TN website it says 2 for Cooper. BG and UF. I thought Pit was the game he got hurt in but guess not

He tweaked it against BG, and then he left the UF game. Watching the Pitt game, he wasn't in it.

So basically Cooper has 2 more games he could play this year and still be able to use his "regular" RS. The medical could also be an option.

So honestly...you could just use Cooper against Kentucky at full health and then RS him this year.

Can we get someone to make a video of a sniper taking out Ole Miss players then lobbing water bottles and a mustard bottle like grenades from the stands?

If they want to fine the university for fans then Ole Miss should be fined as well for the actions of their players and the refs should be fired for their actions.

Reactions: Rishvol
Anyone in UT leadership could literally shoot you and you would still defend them to the core. What donde did to our program is inexcusable and I will never like her for it. You never do what she did, ever.
I agree with you on the investigation but a lot of people feel the other way…. I am willing to let it play out…. It does feel like they are moving in the same direction for the first time since Dickey…. She may not make the right decision all the time but I do feel she is going to support our athletics programs.

So even if you KNOW the NCAA knows you're cheating or you know that you're so bad at cheating they will find out eventually (and I firmly believe that would've happend) you aren't proactive in an effort to curry favor?
Absolutely 100% not. LSU is caught on recording paying basketball players and has Odell handing out cash after a playoff game. Nothing has been done to them and their head coach is still coaching. NCAA has as much power as you give them. Miami did things twenty times worse and got a hand slap. You don’t ever self impose and invite them in. Say go prove it and we are continuing on with life. This is like telling the SEC to come audit your books and point them in the direction of the fraud. Even if they suspect it, you don’t lead them down the trail. That is pure stupidity.

He has played two games. You are only going to play him two more games when we have five games left? We need offensive linemen bad. You can’t sit one of your best offensive linemen.

I'm not saying that. And you can play more than 4 games and still petition for a medical RS (depending on the type of injury etc.)

But what I am saying is he came back too soon to play against UF and had to leave the game, so why trot him out when he's not 100% healthy for Ole Miss or Bama when there is a bye week upcoming? If he gets through the Kentucky game with no issues and you wanna let him play it out then you do. But if he plays and reaggravates it to the point he's done for the season then he would have only played in 3 games so you know you can get him a RS.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Danny and Donde have to try to control the fans…..we were hitting our own fans with trash…. People was throwing things from the upper deck…. We ran our own cheerleaders off the field…. You cannot allow that to continue…. Quit being so sensitive about a couple of tweets…. Josh isn’t here without Danny…. That atmosphere was helped to be created by Danny…. Danny wouldn’t be here without donde…. Let our administration work and quit being so critical over things that don’t really matter.

Taking the band and cheerleaders off was a bit theatrical. Danny helped create the atmosphere hiring Heupel. No one cares about that game without playing better as we have been.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Taking the band and cheerleaders off was a bit theatrical. Danny helped create the atmosphere hiring Heupel. No one cares about that game without playing better as we have been.
Theatrical….. they were being hit with full water bottles…. My mom was hit by people throwing trash…. Danny has made all the right moves so far, imo although some of them are yet to be determined. Does he get any credit at all from you for hiring Heupel…. What about being able to make Tony Vitelli happy? He also listened to fans and threw a block party at the baseball game.

“Some of our fans were hit with glass bottles” is now “I know somebody was hit with a glass bottle”.

What glass bottles? A bottle of what? They aren’t allowed nor sold.

Look, the fans throwing stuff were awful and it is a bad look, but I don’t buy this glass bottle stuff.

To clarify, I only know what a friend said happen. I was not there.

I assume it was a small half-pint of whiskey. You know, the kind that you see littering the stands after pretty much any game in Neyland. I am surprised that you think it is that unusual. 102k people at a football game in East Tennessee and you think nobody has a glass bottle? I have seen somebody with a glass Mason Jar. It may be prohibited, but that does not mean it doesn't happen.

In any case, again, I was not at the game. Was just told by a friend that an empty glass bottle came down on them. Supposedly handed it to a security guard after the game. I cannot confirm and don't really care that much. Plastic, glass, mustard, it doesn't matter. Our own fans were not magically shielded from the thrown trash thrown by our own fans.

Absolutely 100% not. LSU is caught on camera paying basketball players and has Odell handing out cash after a playoff game. Nothing has been done to them and their head coach is still coaching. NCAA has as much power as you give them. Miami did things twenty times worse and got a hand slap. You don’t ever self impose and invite them in. Say go prove it and we are continuing on with life. This is like telling the SEC to come audit your books and point them in the direction of the fraud. Even if they suspect it, you don’t lead them down the trial. That is pure stupidity.
Ok. We just see it differently and that's ok with me.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Absolutely 100% not. LSU is caught on recording paying basketball players and has Odell handing out cash after a playoff game. Nothing has been done to them and their head coach is still coaching. NCAA has as much power as you give them. Miami did things twenty times worse and got a hand slap. You don’t ever self impose and invite them in. Say go prove it and we are continuing on with life. This is like telling the SEC to come audit your books and point them in the direction of the fraud. Even if they suspect it, you don’t lead them down the trail. That is pure stupidity.

LSU's football and basketball investigations are still pending. LSU requested a separation between the two sports, which was denied. LSU football self-imposed a bowl ban, 8 scholarship reductions, and banning OBJ from campus. The newly formed IARP has yet to rule on any investigation yet, but they released some timelines recently. Many times, the extended time periods are based on the schools asking for extensions and not the NCAA. Have a look.

NCAA extends investigation into LSU athletics; case involves ‘at least’ 13 men’s basketball recruits, records show | LSU | theadvocate.com

As prone to overreaction on all things Vol as currently stands? Pretty tame. I like the “rush the field” fine rationale.

Reactions: VolByLaw
LSU's football and basketball investigations are still pending. LSU requested a separation between the two sports, which was denied. LSU football self-imposed a bowl ban, 8 scholarship reductions, and banning OBJ from campus. The newly formed IARP has yet to rule on any investigation yet, but they released some timelines recently. Many times, the extended time periods are based on the schools asking for extensions and not the NCAA. Have a look.

NCAA extends investigation into LSU athletics; case involves ‘at least’ 13 men’s basketball recruits, records show | LSU | theadvocate.com

A frekin 3 year investigation. What an absolute joke of an organization. WWII mobilization and victory in about the same time

A frekin 3 year investigation. What an absolute joke of an organization. WWII mobilization and victory in about the same time

As I stated though, the IARP just recently released timelines to be transparent because they were catching heat for the length of time. In Memphis' case, they granted at least 6 extensions requested by the school. So, the schools do this to buy more time. Memphis is trying to get past this basketball season because they have a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back