Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
In protest and mockery, Tennessee should fake an injury on every single defensive play next week. We probably don’t stand a chance to win. Send a message and make the officials call the game a forfeit after the first quarter goes 2 hours

I am absolutely all for this!!!

The national media would have a field day talking about it, it would drive Saban crazy, and honestly it might actually help our defense survive the game.

Nick, please forward your idea to coach Heup for review. 👍

If he had gotten loose and ran for a TD I guaran-f'n-tee you that it would have counted.

Lying 🦬💩..a whole wagon load of it.
Now that I have seen it, I think that was a designed trick play where he was pretending to not know what was happening that completely backfired. That ball was out almost immediately. Horrendously bad call. If he had miraculously escaped and thrown it for a score, there is no way they bring it back because it was not blown dead.

Funny quote from Big Ben on that probably bad call by the officials on his "fumble:"

"I was told that even though the ball was going forward, my arm was going backwards," Roethlisberger said. "I had to ask Josh Dobbs, who's an aerospace engineer, how that works. He said it's not possible. I can't get fined for that because I'm just telling you what Dobbs said."

“The SEC is exploring all of its punitive options regarding Joshua Dobbs’ physics opinions.”

Now that I have seen it, I think that was a designed trick play where he was pretending to not know what was happening that completely backfired. That ball was out almost immediately. Horrendously bad call. If he had miraculously escaped and thrown it for a score, there is no way they bring it back because it was not blown dead.
And that is my whole dang problem with it.

A lot of QB’s from the 2020 class that were rated high, aren’t producing

DJ not spelling his last name
Harrison Bailey
Hudson Cord
Ethan Garbers
Jay Buttfield
Luke Doty
Haynes King
Still think DJ has the ability. Doty was a huge miss by ratings. Bailey was too, at least by Rivals.

Full ride only going off on fans and Doerong was on saying that we need to be made an example of. Man screw all these media biased hosts. How about you talk about what led to the issue? The touchdown and terrible calls all game. It’s insanity and infuriating.

That's a conference network. He isn't going to discuss the conference's blame in all of it, unfortunately.

I’m sure someone has already said it, but on the last play I think Milton was supposed to roll right. The OM defender gets up field pretty quick I think to keep him from doing that and Milton freaks out, runs left and the rest is history.
Doesn’t matter what he was supposed to do. The dude can throw the ball like 80yds in the air…. Plant your feet and get it to the endzone.

That Milton is the back-up kills whatever hope we have if Hooker can't go. The guy is so out of it mentally in games he intentionally runs out of bounds on the last play rather than throw it up for grabs to have a shot to win. He should never even wear the uni again. Heup needs to acknowledge his mistake of bringing him in and drop him back to third team. But he won't. I predict that he will start him against Bama if Hooker cannot go.

We need Heup to grow as a HC. Running the ball up the middle on first and second down at various times in the game including the 4th quarter when you are behind with a patchwork o-line and back-up RB's is not what you should do. That's not hard to understand. Have your QB throw some quick hitches and slants to keep the chains moving since they were open all night long. It's OK to throw 5 yard hitches to TE's and RB's in open zones, I promise. Even HB has proven in games he can do that if Milton cannot/will not.

Not some of Heup's best work last night. Not some of DC Banks's best work either. That Corral got a zillion yards on QB draws that everybody who watched the game knew was coming tells the story. His coverage schemes were great, however. He did not have to sacrifice one for the other. He needed to have the D-line hold their gaps when pushing the pocket and the LB's cheat up to avoid the blocks that always came about 5 yards from the LOS all game long. The S help never came until Corral cut off the o-lineman block of the LB. The S's cue should be the o-lineman coming out of pass pro to block downfield when Corral left the pocket. The gains would have been held to 5 yards or so. Didn't happen.

Kiffin outsmarted our coaching staff along with the officials help to win that game for OM.
Bad takes exhibit A

We should do another fan driven statement. Like next home game, blackout the stadium to bring awareness to the officiating. Hopefully bringing the media to have to talk about it. The first Checker Neyland was fan driven. They even mentioned CleVOLander on the broadcast of this game. We need to keep pushing the narrative somehow.

So keep all the lights off to allow the fans to experience the refs visual acuity? 😂

Is there anything that's been asked of this team & staff, from preseason til now, they haven't delivered?

Be competitive
Correct mistakes
Show pride & respect
Never quit
Show improvement
Make changes when needed
Be your best in the community and classes
Have fun

I could go on and on and I haven't found a legitimate failure from the coaches, players or AD.

This is different from basically any hire since Fulmer. The results began showing themselves almost immediately into the season and haven't slowed down.

Tl;dr it really feels like we are fast on our way back and doesn't seem like fool's gold.

I've moved all-in across the board

Go Vols!

I'm completely sold.

But what's also gonna be funny is when the constant negative media attention galvanizes the Scots-Irish (rebellious and don't like to be screwed) UT fanbase into a single monolithic force for chaos, resulting in sold-out redneck-mad "I'm mad as he11 and not gonna take it anymore" crowds, thus achieving complete unity in spite of poor performance on the field. You think we're bad now? Just wait.

And it will be glorious

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back