Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldnt agree more. We barely have a pass rush. Wasnt wild about not spying qb on third down. But, noticed at least once where we had perfect call made. And, Ole Miss just executed. Their offense is what it is.
We did spy him with Banks. But once the center would release down field, Corral would follow. Banks never could make the blocker miss to make the play. Pretty terrible execution on J Banks part all game on those plays

Here is a comment I seen on youtube and I will not pretend to pretend it was mine.
"Milton heard “don’t throw things on the field” and thought it applied to everyone. "
Seriously other than the refs sucking, the worse thing I saw was a football player giving up on the final play of the game. No heart or desire to do what it takes to compete .

I loved the fans yesterday! Throwing stuff isn’t acceptable but getting hosed multiple times by the blind mice it’s hard to not understand the frustration. We are still 4-3 and went head to head with a Top 15 team with multiple starters out and 70 scholarship players or so. I was NOT a big fan of Heupel initially but after last night I think he is 1000% the right guy for the Job. Hang in there Vol Nation #GBO

Them taunting the fans definitely was..

Players reacting or taunting fans doesn’t make a game unfair or make refs bad. Of course an AD is going to reach out to the opposing AD to offer congratulations and apologies after that. How anyone would expect anything different is baffling

It's every sport. Even the highest levels. You can try and "fix" it...but this game has been around 100+ years. If it was ever going to get fixed, it would have done so 90 years ago. Human refs do and always will SUCK.

Bring on the automated rule-based algo-refs, AI video analysis, sensors, etc. Humans only there for necessary oversight of the systems or when there is a system error and human eyes are needed. This is the way.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Nah, that's not my implication. My implication is that we have removed any possibility that the officiating would be address by those actions. That doesn't mean that if we hadn't done that they would have been addressed. Hopefully that's a clearer way of what I was trying to say. You gain nothing by throwing a tantrum and being trash and only give them the excuse to definitely not focus on the poor officiating.
They have not addressed the officiating in the last 3-6 years so why would they start now? Throwing thing or not throwing things was not going to change nothing. Surely you did not think that they was going to hold an emergency meeting Monday morning to address officiating until Tenn fans threw stuff during the game.

It's every sport. Even the highest levels. You can try and "fix" it...but this game has been around 100+ years. If it was ever going to get fixed, it would have done so 90 years ago. Human refs do and always will SUCK.

Bring on the automated rule-based algo-refs, AI video analysis, sensors, etc. Humans only there for necessary oversight of the systems or when there is a system error and human eyes are needed. This is the way.
I used to be against this, but recently not just last night, im all in on putting some sort of sensor in the ball to be able to tell where it was when the runner was down. But it still makes it objective as to when the runner was down which was the whole issue last night. So does it really fix the problem?

Reactions: RiotVol
Players reacting or taunting fans doesn’t make a game unfair or make refs bad. Of course an AD is going to reach out to the opposing AD to offer congratulations and apologies after that. How anyone would expect anything different is baffling
Obviously these people with million dollar positions got there by acting like incessant, tantrum-throwing children 🙄 Not directed at Mcgill, but idk how some people make their way through the real world.

...or they're just talking out their rears from behind a keyboard because they have no skin in the actual game.

Just thinking out loud: does Heup acknowledge the bonehead situational awareness, start Milton and challenge the team to rise him up? Not sure there is a good answer right now at QB if Hooker is out.

Reactions: berryvol
We did spy him with Banks. But once the center would release down field, Corral would follow. Banks never could make the blocker miss to make the play. Pretty terrible execution on J Banks part all game on those plays

The problem was Ole miss would check into that play when we only had one linebacker between the tackles and then which ever way the center pushed the linebacker Corral cut the other way. We needed to have safety support for the other side of the field to meet corral when he made his cut

They have not addressed the officiating in the last 3-6 years so why would they start now? Throwing thing or not throwing things was not going to change nothing. Surely you did not think that they was going to hold an emergency meeting Monday morning to address officiating until Tenn fans threw stuff during the game.
Don't think that was my argument, I just dont think you help yourself at all by doing that. You make the discussion today about those ignorant fans and not about the poor officiating.

The problem was Ole miss would check into that play when we only had one linebacker between the tackles and then which ever way the center pushed the linebacker Corral cut the other way. We needed to have safety support for the other side of the field to meet corral when he made his cut
This and when we did have two backers and they had a numbers advantage on the edge, they were just swinging it out wide to the backs. They were playing a simple numbers game all night.

Reactions: mrMet
GPS transmitters in the football that interact with receivers in the line to gain marker and the end zone pylons. Refs no longer determine first downs or whether the ball crosses the goal line on most plays.
Those aren't accurate to the inch, and they wouldn't be able to tell when a knee or elbow touches the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back