Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you can bet some fans on this site will keep this going. We have the best and worst fans in the conference, it’s crazy.

There is certainly a contingent of fans that will denigrate fellow Vols before they call the legitimacy of the game itself in question.

He had the ball closer to his waist, so it was even closer. I'm not upset about that call though, it was really close. I'm upset that there was no camera on that entire half of the field to give us a definitive view on whether he got it or not. Is there a camera shortage?

Weve fallen far enough that we get every networks C coverage team and they bring about 3 cameras with them so actually yes - there is a camera shortage

Reactions: jave36
It is what it is at this point. UT is the king of moral victories. We did the exact same thing with Butch and Pruitt. The expectations from people in the know was 6 wins. I hope Heupel can lead us back and I think he’s a much better coach than Pruitt.

But it is incredibly fair to say he’s had some very poor in game coaching moments on big games against good teams. He’s not recruiting well enough to get us to win these games.
And you expect them to be recruiting better with an NCAA investigation and possible sanctions looming? Also, with the status of the program not winning in previous seasons? Some of you guys are ridiculous in your expectations, we can’t just show up with the power T and expect kids just to immediately want to jump on board. Heup and this staff are doing a hell of job with the cards that they are dealt

Get healthy, focus on the Alabama game.

We have about 4 weeks before we’re in Neyland again. If I’m DW I’d suspend alcohol sells the rest of the season. It’s the only way you actually punish the fan base, sure it’s gonna cost ya money but he needs to make a very direct response that shows this behavior isn’t acceptable and eliminating the liquid courage that helped inspire it will do that.
I agree. Probably the only thing you can do.

What are your thoughts on that scoop and score reversal? There wasn't a single whistle or even dead ball signal, and the QB was clearly hiding the ball preparing to do something with it. Can refs retroactively kill a play that no one killed or even signaled dead? I'm fine with no whistle on an incomplete pass or open field tackle, but I've never seen refs bail out a failed fake handoff like that even with a whistle, but especially not when there was no whistle or hand in the air to signal the play was dead.
For all the officials to initially react the way they did (especially the R and CJ who would make the call) and allow the play to continue there is no reason to come together after change the call. Unless the play is reviewable (which this wasn’t) you need to stick with the initial call.

hoping recruits saw how we were getting screwed the entire game and understood the isolated number of fans acting like jackwagons was the result, and not just because we were losing...

Reactions: gainesvol82
I guess we can agree to disagree .

Should the fans be pissed off? Absolutely. Should they take out that frustration? Sure. But it’s only hurting us in the manner chosen.

An already long game just got longer, a packed house was already going to be extra work for the cleanup crew and workers. It just got made into longer hours and more work. And who gets the fine and punishment, not Lane or Ole Miss but Tennessee.

If there are pylon cams. There should be line to gain cams

He had the ball closer to his waist, so it was even closer. I'm not upset about that call though, it was really close. I'm upset that there was no camera on that entire half of the field to give us a definitive view on whether he got it or not. Is there a camera shortage?

I’ve wondered about camera angle issues ever since the Pitt game. Same side of the field as the ****** spot at the end of that game. As DC posted above, really should have line to gain cams. I know I’ve seen them do that in the NFL before.

I think a lot of people are confusing questionable offensive play calling with lack of execution. The run calls were not bad calls for the most part (I have not watched all the offensive snaps.) We are running against a 5 man box in a lot of those “bad” calls. That is a numbers advantage we have exploited the past couple of games, but we could not last night because of our lack of depth on the offensive line.

That trickles down to the pass game. If the line cannot hold up (and they struggled to) in pass pro, then it is going to limit what you are comfortable doing in the passing game. If we abandon the run game last night and become predictable, the defense’s job gets easier. The two teams that successfully scored on Ole Miss did so because they could run on the five and six man box.

I don't understand how it is not obvious to people that the injury situation heavily influenced the playcalling. If Evans and the Mays boys are out there healthy we would have rolled them.
Agreed when you short on players to begin with it only makes any injury you get that much worse. Doesn't make it any easier to accept but we can't let this game affect us moving forward.

Tim Banks better be in the film room learning from his mistakes of letting Corrall run free every freakin 3rd down last night and not having someone spy/cover him... especially in the second half... sorry, but that's a fail. You take away just 2-3 of those in the second half alone and we are in a completely different situation, especially with how much time would be remaining for us.

Reactions: Hardy
If you haven't figured out by now that Lampley is not a 4* quality player...then you probably will not understand any rebuttal I make.

If you haven’t figured out by now that I hardly ever respond to your posts, then you probably will not understand that I don’t really care about any rebuttals you make.

Should the fans be pissed off? Absolutely. Should they take out that frustration? Sure. But it’s only hurting us in the manner chosen.

An already long game just got longer, a packed house was already going to be extra work for the cleanup crew and workers. It just got made into longer hours and more work. And who gets the fine and punishment, not Lane or Ole Miss but Tennessee.
Because alcohol defers to reasonable counsel?

He gave up. He quit. You cannot ask the guys on this football team, as hard as they are playing, to follow the lead of a guy that bails on a do or die play. You cannot do that. He didn’t even try. I’m not saying he was scared because he may have just been trying to keep from getting his uniform dirty so the guys in the laundry wouldn’t have to wash it this week. I don’t know what the reason is but this guy is not a competitor. Our offense took off when Hooker took control because Hooker is a fighter. His backup last night appeared to take a dive. He didn’t want to get hit. So many guys playing injured. So many guys laying it all on the line. He doesn’t want to get hit. smh.

Passion isn’t destruction and littering of our OWN ****ING FIELD! We literally made more work & headache for the folks we’re passionate about.

Lane & Ole Miss just leave with a W and all the backlash they could have gotten for faking injuries or bad officials is now on us for our fans behavior.
I agree. It totally becomes the focus of that game - not our amazing fanbase for the first 59 minutes (edit-well, maybe I should say first 4 hours) not the fight of our scrappy team and the job our coaches have done, not the 22(?) Ole Miss players faking injuries, or the calls not made, not all the bad spots. Everything becomes focused on those fans that pitched a hissy fit. That’s what is disappointing to me.

Last edited:
Until the leadership throws up the middle finger to the SEC it will never change. We've not had a strong AD since Dickey. Jury is still out on White. We always capitulate which leads to more overbearing responses from the SEC and NCAA.

I know it will never happen but we seriously should consider leaving the conference. We're held down and kicked over and over by the SEC.

UT has invested hugely in this "right way" rally cry and trumpeted it at every touchpoint. People actually count the number of times "right way" is mentioned in interviews and speeches. So UT is locked into carrying it through and self-policing and self-sanctioning off-brand behavior.

It will be interesting to see how Boyd responds-- if he'll rein in others or go along. People are already disgruntled with the investigation continuing to expand and dragging on so long. Boyd won't be happy at the exposure, he won't like the consequences and he won't agree with everything that's coming. But the Dickey Era is long gone, and UT will play the role it created.

What really bothered me is that throwing **** on the field doesn’t only hit Ole Miss. Other fans, our cheerleaders, our band all in the line of fire.

Could have been someone’s son or daughter at their first UT game getting pelted with beer.

That’s what bugs me the most honestly. I get the “why” but the majority of our fans were also quick to condemn rioting behavior but it’s okay now for a damn football game?

Can't believe some are trying to excuse some of the fans behavior last night by saying the refs were bad or Lane Kidding ran his mouth early in the week. Neither of those things are justification for throwing stuff onto the field, especially when our own cheerleaders and band were in the line of fire. Just stupid and childish behavior.
I agree. As a parent of a current band member once I found out that they were OK I then got pissed that they missed end of a great game because fans showing their a$$.

UT has invested hugely in this "right way" rally cry and trumpeted it at every touchpoint. People actually count the number of times "right way" is mentioned in interviews and speeches. So UT is locked into carrying it through and self-policing and self-sanctioning off-brand behavior.

It will be interesting to see how Boyd responds-- if he'll rein in others or go along. People are already disgruntled with the investigation continuing to expand and dragging on so long. Boyd won't be happy at the exposure, he won't like the consequences and he won't agree with everything that's coming. But the Dickey Era is long gone, and UT will play the role it created.
And that's why the bully (SEC) will continue to pick on Tennessee

Passion isn’t destruction and littering of our OWN ****ING FIELD! We literally made more work & headache for the folks we’re passionate about.

Lane & Ole Miss just leave with a W and all the backlash they could have gotten for faking injuries or bad officials is now on us for our fans behavior.
I don't condone the aerial assault of our field, but when has any team gotten blowback from faking injuries, and when have officials ever been held accountable? Throwing trash didn't prevent those things from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back