Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need LSU to win this game, Georgia to beat Kentucky, Florida to beat Georgia next week.

Then, if we beat Georgia and Kentucky and lose one of Ole Miss or Bama we win the East.

So... there's a way it can happen that's not super outlandish, but let's take one at a time. Finishing above Florida would be nice at least.

I wonder what would happen if we played UF again. We gave them a game for a half.
HH was already playing, albeit maybe not in the full swing as he is now, so I'm not sure how big the difference would be play-for-play, but the scoreboard might actually reflect the fairly even play this time. It would still come down to a handful of offensive plays and many more defensive plays.

At the end of the day they gained a whopping 7.43 YPP on us. That would have to change if we were to be expected to win and I'm not sure anything defensively has changed to expect that.

But all said, football is full of variance and I think things would even out some. We gained way too many yards to only earn 14 points. Give us 10 games and I think we could win 3, maybe 4 of them. In 1 game - I'd give us a 35% chance, but we'd still be expected to lose. *fwiw this would still be a HUGE change from the original game - where we were 19 point underdogs. At 35% win expectancy that would make us only 5.5 pt underdogs...so great progress either way. We were very underrated at that point.

Edit: just from our side...not watching the UF game, but by the sound of comments it sounds like they're having a bad game 👀

Reactions: GoBigOrange86
It would be nice for them to win, then lose to us. What a meltdown!
We need LSU to win this game, Georgia to beat Kentucky, Florida to beat Georgia next week.

Then, if we beat Georgia and Kentucky and lose one of Ole Miss or Bama we win the East.

So... there's a way it can happen that's not super outlandish, but let's take one at a time. Finishing above Florida would be nice at least.

Make it simpler. Just win the next 4 games and clear path to the SECCG.

13-2 🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back