Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vol Calls – quick notes - unedited

Heupel said we’ve had a couple good days of practice on the grass. Everybody is excited about playing this weekend.

They talk a lot about Theo and what he means to the team especially in terms of leadership and coaching his teammates.

Caller calls in and asks how will we contain Matt Corral. Heupel talks about how we corral him.

Heupel says LOS is critical in this game for our defense. We need to get them in long yardage situations.

Heupel talks about the situational, structural, and identity nature of a game and the need to always be adjusting as the game progresses. He says those adjustments can come from the coaches or the players on the field. Need to have good communication and work together.

Caller calls in and asks if the change in culture is the reason the guys are playing well right now. Heupel says there’s all kinds of schemes you can use to win football games but it matters more how you do what you do than what you do.

They talk about Al Wilson and Leonard Little and others being around and talking to the players and the open invitation to VFLs to share the locker room and the significance of the impact they’ve had and can have on our guys. He stresses the family atmosphere of the program they’re building.

Caller calls in to thank Heupel for his work. Josh says he’s honored and humbled to be here.

Another caller calls in to thank Heupel, says everybody is dusting off their Big Orange gear. Asks about the 2nd half of Florida and the 2nd half of South Carolina. Heupel talks about the fine line of the competitive edge and that our team is growing in maturity.

Kid in the audience asks about Hooker and what makes him so good. Heupel says competitive nature, leadership, and the ability to both instruct and lead his teammates.

Brent asks about composure for our guys in the expected atmosphere Saturday night. Heupel talks about being locked in and playing for 60 minutes. He says what has happened in the last couple weeks with the scoring avalanche in the 1st quarter can also happen in the 4th quarter. Every game has its own identity.

And with a Go Vols, he’s off to continue preparation.

Jerry Mack is on and he talks about getting a phone call on Super Bowl Sunday about the opportunity to come to Tennessee. The works took off on Monday and he was on a plane on Wednesday.

He says the philosophy of the staff is accountability. Everyone on the staff is trying to stay out ahead in doing their jobs. He talks about the players being able to look to the staff and see a calm reassurance and confidence and the importance of that.

They talk about Whitehead and that this is the first time he's had a stretch without injuries. Mack says they believe he has a lot of potential and flashed a lot in fall camp and just need to keep working him back.

Coach V calls in and wishes he had a Freddie Freeman in their Fall practice going on right now. He says we have a blue collar squad. They have 4 intersquad games a week and they're open to the fans. This weekend is recruiting weekend for the team and they have a lot of guys coming in. He expects this weekend to be a step up from wild. Scrimmage this Friday evening - open to fans.

Bob asks about Pitching this year. Coach V says the experienced guys are good and some of the younger guys are getting up to speed. He likes what we've got in a core group of arms.

Signs off by saying it's going to be a great weekend and Go Vols.

So the wife says I have to go to a wedding Saturday night. They will have sports on but I would rather sit on my own couch, suggestions on how to get out of this? I’m not ruling out divorce. 🙂

At the very least I’m setting expectations that I won’t be sociable with anyone not watching the game and she should expect to mingle on her own.
Covid

Reactions: Jander5212011
So the wife says I have to go to a wedding Saturday night. They will have sports on but I would rather sit on my own couch, suggestions on how to get out of this? I’m not ruling out divorce. 🙂

At the very least I’m setting expectations that I won’t be sociable with anyone not watching the game and she should expect to mingle on her own.
Penile leoparsy

This game is huge. Win this and I think people all around the country will take note of Huepel and Tennessee. Rn he’s got people looking but it’s still just Scar and Mizzou. A win Saturday will help with recruiting and the way the media views our program so much
Win this and make Saban fire his DC next week. All our different offensive sets can't wait to watch Toot do a lot of thinking and no reacting.

Recruits are gonna start to notice what the team and coaches are doing, not what they say they are gonna do. We keep fighting, executing, developing players, and getting better - even in losses - we'll have any recruit we want. I said it months ago and I believe it, playoffs within 5yrs.

And if by 5 years, you included this year, then by Jove you’re right!

13-2 🤠

If we win Saturday and finish the season strong I’ll be fully bought in to Huepel being the guy to bring us back to relevance. I’ve always liked his offense since his Mizzou days, my biggest concern was if he could field a defense that is good enough to win us games and so far (minus Pitt) I’d say he has, and that’s with very thin depth and little talent. Excited to see how the team does over the next 4 games

Tell the wife you tested positive and have to quarantine for 10 hours. She will understand

It's implied consent and it's sheep not goats. Us Irishmen do them at the edge off cliffs so they push back harder.
Penile leoparsy

giphy.gif

Reactions: gainesvol82
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back