Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

I do think the next four games will bring a lot of these stats back to Earth to some degree.. Still, I didn't see this either.

Color me impressed, even saying what I said above. I think this staff has fine a really really good job, especially taking all things into consideration...
View attachment 401668
Almost every last one of us would've taken 4-2 through 6 in a heartbeat were we offered it on September 1st.

We needed to crawl out of the cellar. We just slammed that door shut. Mizzou and South Carolina aren't even close. Time to work on that next step, but this is going in the right direction so far.

Almost every last one of us would've taken 4-2 through 6 in a heartbeat were we offered it on September 1st.

We needed to crawl out of the cellar. We just slammed that door shut. Mizzou and South Carolina aren't even close. Time to work on that next step, but this is going in the right direction so far.
No disagreement. The next four games are what they are, we know that. And we know our limitations compared to these teams. If nothing else, depth is a an issue we can't coach our way around.

That said...I feel tons better about the matchup with both ole Miss and Kentucky. I had both as losses before the season.
I like what we've done this year. I think they've already shown prospects things are different.

Don't get it twisted.. I'm happy lol

Some of you all may have said something like this or inferred it, but did the second half go as it did because the coaching staff realizes that as much as it needs a quick pace to score, in this next 4 game gauntlet it will need to shorten some games to win and this latter approach needs practice?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Some of you all may have said something like this or inferred it, but did the second half go as it did because the coaching staff realizes that as much as it needs a quick pace to score, in this next 4 game gauntlet it will need to shorten some games to win and this latter approach needs practice?

No the offense took the foot off the gas. Play calling was slowed as well.

No disagreement. The next four games are what they are, we know that. And we know our limitations compared to these teams. If nothing else, depth is a an issue we can't coach our way around.

That said...I feel tons better about the matchup with both ole Miss and Kentucky. I had both as losses before the season.
I like what we've done this year. I think they've already shown prospects things are different.

Don't get it twisted.. I'm happy lol
I didn't mean to imply you weren't. I was just trying to add to the discussion. Most everyone is happy!

Reactions: jakez4ut
We were dropping like flies.

I thought we'd be fun on offense, but not this crazy. I thought defense was gonna cost us games, at best they'd be average. My mind is blown on how the defense has played.

I felt the same way. I thought we would have to score so many points because the D would be giving up so many points. Kind like Peyton when he was at Indy back in the day but boy, was I wrong. For Banks to do what he is doing with the lack of depth he has is just amazing. And one other point, think back to last Spring. Think about the holes they had to fill and how the D staff has coached them up. I mean we are getting pressure on QB's and sacks for goodness sake. We didn't have any of that last year. Getting Garner was the key I believe.

Clearly bad blood there. I don’t listen to Ainge (not for him, I just don’t like their station and the way they mouthpiece for the university).. so I’ve never heard Ainge say anything about Swain. It could really be anything. Maybe Ainge did something when he was under the influence and addicted that rubbed Swain the wrong way, who knows. I just tend to think it’s their approach to radio. Swain openly despises radio hosts who bend the truth one way or another to slight or protect UT. Ainge is guilty of the latter. I just don’t remember anything from their playing days that’d have caused this much animosity, then again I was 12. But passionate Never the less.
i listen to Ainge, and he is quite complimentary of Swain both as a player, and now that he is calling games with Brian Rice, as a commentator. I suspect the animosity may be one-sided and could be based around Ainge’s issues or the fact that Ainge quit radio after TSR folded and then immediately got a show On Sports Animal when he wanted one, while Swain continued to hustle via streams and apps after TSR’s demise and didn’t get the call from WNML. That’s just conjecture though. I have no real clue.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Dead on assessment until UGA showed others he couldn’t beat you deep with his limited arm. Then errybody kept it in front of them and he couldn’t make them pay. Elite QB otherwise.
Ainge has even said that Clausen, as a senior vs Ainge as a sophomore, knew so much more football than him that despite having the stronger arm, he couldn’t beat him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back