Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am excited and like how we are actually winning ball games. A bad thought I had is we beat Mizz and SC last year. Granted, we whipped them more convincingly than we did last year and this is way more fun. However, I would like to see us beat someone else before going nuts. Don't take this the wrong way but it is the truth. I want to see us beat OM or Kentucky and beat South Alabama and Vandy and get to 8 wins. Even if we win one of OM and sucky and end up at 7, this season would far exceed expectations. You can see we have some good teacher's and coaching is by far better. Just want to shut up the nay sayers and beat a few others we are not expected to beat.
100% agree. We need to show the college football world that we are going to come back and fast. A win over OM and KY would prove that. Especially with the low scholarship players we have. Recruiting would pick up majorly too.

Why does everyone say--"I hope we can keep these coaches" after we have some success? The culture is worse with out fan base than it ever was with the players. Just enjoy the damn wins.

I'm of the opinion that our fans are the most fickle in sports. I'm sorry, but I've been a fan since the early 60"s and I've seen the best and worst---just enjoy the ride.

Because coaching turnover every off season sucks. Because constantly losing momentum in recruiting with coaches leaving sucks. Because the most successful teams keep a solid core on their staff for multiple years.

It's good to see respect coming from football world in our first season with new coach/system, with this depleted injured bunch. Just thinks how it will be when we get some depth.
The USCjr board was not only great yesterday, but they said what we've all been saying for YEARS...."x team just spent 5 years with a garbage azz offense and in 1 season turn it all around...see it can be done...just not here. Woe is us!"

Feels so good to finally be that team. All it took with a SIMPLE plug n play offensive scheme, what many of us have been begging for...for years. No more 300 page Chaney playbook crap. More like a 0 page Briles/Leach style. Simple and effective...plug in half decent players and it just works. Now add in a great developer of QBs and you're really cooking. And what's better is it transfers year to year, qb to qb, so much better than the old systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back