Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a play that stood out for me. It was a 3rd pass to I believe was Jones and Hooker stuck that sucker in there with two defenders around him.
Hooker had so many throws that were absolutely perfect placement. Not used to seeing it. Hyatt’s TD was one of them

Fun times on Rocky Top. Excited to say the least.

Only complaint is clock management. Another game were CJH does a really bad job of preserving clock before half. He absolutely has to figure this out or it’s going to cost us a close game.

GBO!
Too early for this on a Sunday morning, but you aren’t wrong on this

Only complaint is clock management. Another game were CJH does a really bad job of preserving clock before half. He absolutely has to figure this out or it’s going to cost us a close game.

GBO!
@BruinVol, what is your take on us? I remember you previously didn’t have faith in the offense and thought it would only feast on bad teams (if I am misremembering this, I apologize). I don’t think SC is a good team by any means but am curious if you still feel the same.

GBO!
A part of our edge is tempo. There is a fine line in sacrificing that in normal clock management, especially with this roster. Call a timeout, subs are made. Pros and cons either way. It just didn't work out before half.

For those of you just getting up and reviewing the posts since last night - enjoy. VN RF gold is in here! lol

Same page. Also may as well enjoy this.

View attachment 401450
Y’all remember the media putting us at 6th and 7th in the East? I do… We will finish no lower than fourth and I’m hoping for 2nd or 3rd. We have seventy something scholarship players…. Incredible job so far by this staff.

A part of our edge is tempo. There is a fine line in sacrificing that in normal clock management, especially with this roster. Call a timeout, subs are made. Pros and cons either way. It just didn't work out before half.

Yea I get that
but the give in take is you can’t run a play when the half is over. Twice we called TO after a few seconds was lost yesterday because we weren’t sure what to do. Those few seconds cost us a play

@BruinVol, what is your take on us? I remember you previously didn’t have faith in the offense and thought it would only feast on bad teams (if I am misremembering this, I apologize). I don’t think SC is a good team by any means but am curious if you still feel the same.

Yea I still feel that way but certainly closer to thinking I am wrong.
Hope so anyways.

If we can score into the mid 20s against Georgia that will prove a lot to me.

This is probably the worst roster Heupel will ever have, and I haven’t had my annual “can we go apple picking or something?” conversation with my wife during Vols games yet.

Amazing.

I think this is going to be his best roster of the next 2-3 years. Free agency will help but we will drop down next year in talent

Last edited:
It's good to see respect coming from football world in our first season with new coach/system, with this depleted injured bunch. Just thinks how it will be when we get some depth.
I think we have legit found our coach to raise our program back to a respected level. I said when I found out about numerous players they were holding out yesterday to try and get them healthy for next week that it would either show we have a coach and staff that knows exactly what they are doing and will be a great sign, or it will be a boneheaded decision that leads to a bunch of questions. Looks like they knew exactly what the players and themselves were capable of, and then went out and dominated a SEC team without key players. Hopefully it pays off big time this coming Saturday night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back