Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking -

The only difference in our run defense and Georgia’s run defense, statistically, is Emory Jones.

Although it’s likely that Georgia and Kentucky win this week, I’m pulling for Auburn and LSU.

I've been a little surprised at how effective your D has been so far, particularly against the run but good against the pass too. One stat that does jump out as a difference betweeen UT and UGA so far is that UT is getting a significantly higher percentage of tackles from the secondary than Georgia. Tennessee has about 44% of total tackles, 36% of TFL, and 25% of sacks from DB's (cfbstats). Georgia has gotten 30% of total tackles, 3% of TFL and 0% of sacks from DB's. Those numbers obviously include both run and pass plays, but they suggest that UT is running a more aggressive attacking scheme with its DB's. It's a bit (way) too complicated and time consuming for me to try and analyze actual games for a definitive answer.

As for UGA vs Auburn, I see more upset potential there than most people. Auburn was very close and maybe should've won the Penn State game IMO, and that was on the road in a hostile environment. If they were 5-0 and ranked top 10, the perception of this weekend's game would be different and more accurate. Georgia hasn't played in a loud hostile stadium since @Auburn 2019, and it was a struggle as it often is at JH stadium. Stetson Bennett has never faced a road game like this, most of our OL haven't and maybe not JT Daniels either, if he can even play. Not a comfortable game for Georgia.

I discredited him some when he said Alvin Kamara sold weed at UT. Even if true, it was strange for someone in a position that he claimed to be in to come to a message board and say. At that point, I kind of assumed he was someone important's son or a troll.
AV talked waaaaay too much. Had terrible tact like the aforementioned.

I discredited him some when he said Alvin Kamara sold weed at UT. Even if true, it was strange for someone in a position that he claimed to be in to come to a message board and say. At that point, I kind of assumed he was someone important's son or a troll.
Or he was just a college student with friends who played. I did blow with Deon Cain at Clemson once. It’s not hard to find dirt on football players if you’re in their circles. Most college students just had the courtesy to not air it out.

I've been a little surprised at how effective your D has been so far, particularly against the run but good against the pass too. One stat that does jump out as a difference betweeen UT and UGA so far is that UT is getting a significantly higher percentage of tackles from the secondary than Georgia. Tennessee has about 44% of total tackles, 36% of TFL, and 25% of sacks from DB's (cfbstats). Georgia has gotten 30% of total tackles, 3% of TFL and 0% of sacks from DB's. Those numbers obviously include both run and pass plays, but they suggest that UT is running a more aggressive attacking scheme with its DB's. It's a bit (way) too complicated and time consuming for me to try and analyze actual games for a definitive answer.

As for UGA vs Auburn, I see more upset potential there than most people. Auburn was very close and maybe should've won the Penn State game IMO, and that was on the road in a hostile environment. If they were 5-0 and ranked top 10, the perception of this weekend's game would be different and more accurate. Georgia hasn't played in a loud hostile stadium since @Auburn 2019, and it was a struggle as it often is at JH stadium. Stetson Bennett has never faced a road game like this, most of our OL haven't and maybe not JT Daniels either, if he can even play. Not a comfortable game for Georgia.
All I gathered from that is you admitting UT is better than UG. I concur. Good day sir.

Or he was just a college student with friends who played. I did blow with Deon Cain at Clemson once. It’s not hard to find dirt on football players if you’re in their circles. Most college students just had the courtesy to not air it out.
I lived in college park next to some UT basketball players (won't name them) and we smoked out all the time - literally their place was a drug house - buying, selling, trading, you name it. The things you would see - can't unsee it now.

I lived in college park next to some UT basketball players (won't name them) and we smoked out all the time - literally their place was a drug house - buying, selling, trading, you name it. The things you would see - can't unsee it now.
I wish I went to Tennessee. One of my bigger regrets. I instead went to USC (Upstate) and partied in Clemson or Columbia every weekend. Kinda sucked. But I have fun stories for sure

I wish I went to Tennessee. One of my bigger regrets. I instead went to USC (Upstate) and partied in Clemson or Columbia every weekend. Kinda sucked. But I have fun stories for sure
Best decision of my life - I went to high school in Florida and was destined for UF, Miami or FSU and then my Dad took me on a drive to UT and we drove past the stadium next to the river and I was sold!!! Applied. Got in! And bleed orange.

Your defense will win you the game. Let's be honest. You guys do not have a potent offense, but your defense is pretty incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back