Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not buying the "Nike doesn't have black" line either.

Oregon has been a Nike school since early and they've had no issue getting 'em.
-edd57e344735af49.jpg
54af57026da811444fe2093d

j0PsJWin9ZSQPVwTK0VvNBI7av63HeO42h1UALwIsfRTaj8v7sxcd_Hhy_Ar1NCrm68nfSJAfh3Hcq8lKWAf2-MvIWbLNGIlNniBzg8z_HJvIxXyPirh89w3KGrkScMcNfJZGrRDE9eQM-nm2C49YJ8WCosWCaM

I definitely hope Florida fires Dan Mullen. Can anyone make a list of... I don't know... 5 definitively better coaches in football right now?

Look at TAMU right now. Second highest paid coach and they are terrible. Dabo, Day, and Riley any day now are proving they can't do it like Saban does, even against significantly weaker competition.

I think once you get a coach that proves he can win your division you are better off just letting that **** ride for as long as possible. Saban has ruined fan expectations because fans want what Saban does, but the fact of the matter is there isn't another Saban walking around out there. There is a massive drop off from Saban to the top 5-8 of college football, and then there is a canyon drop off between those 8 and everyone else.

Mullen, for all his annoying and idiotic mannerisms, is in that top 5-8.

I think the South Carolina game will be much tougher than people are thinking. They still have a decent defense.
Yes...they are. We should beat them, but isht happens. If SC decides to make Hooker beat them with his arm we could end up bogging down.

SC does have a good solid defense.

AP said last night that some of our instate targets committed elsewhere are listening again.

Not to say for sure these conversations are happening, but if I had to take a completely wild, definitely not informed at all guess at guys that might be taking a second look at how NIL can impact them as a Tennessee guy at Tennessee I'd say the list might include:

Simpson
James
Hayden
Jones

I think the sooner we can get Nolen in the boat the better.

I feel like ultimately he can get plenty of extra income with a NIL here and it'll allow all his family/friends to watch him play. Sure he might get more cash elsewhere, but less playing time and it'll be harder for the family to travel and watch him. He has 2 younger brothers also playing ball, don't think having to drive hours for home games is the best option and he doesn't strike me as selfish.

My current sitchyation..waiting on the ferry to Santa Cruz Island..so excited to maybe see a whale, they have been spotting several Humpbacks and even a couple of Blues the last week or so..
View attachment 399801

Went whale watching in Alaska and expected it to be lame, and it was incredible. They're too big. Like scare you because you realize how small humans are in the scheme of nature big.

We are the only board that thinks Florida is going to fire Dan Mullen to hire Urban Meyer.

Urban is not going to go anywhere that he's been before. He's already stood on the mountain at Florida and ran away as soon as things got pretty much to the point they're at in Gainesville right now. He doesn't want any part of Saban on the recruiting trail or in the same conference. Florida is not going to fire Mullen without cause.

He's going to USC. They're waiting on him. He's obviously miserable. He'll be a king there, it's a new start for his family. He'll have the whole state/coast to himself as far as recruiting is concerned. They want him desperately. Look how pitiful he is? One blonde shows him a little bit of attention and he takes the bait with ease. He wants to be wanted and feel like the man. USC wants him and they'll treat him like the man. The press out there won't be up his arse, the rivals fans aren't nearly as venomous as SEC fans. It's been in the making for YEARS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back