Status
Not open for further replies.
Heupel - I yield.

I’m starting my list!

Cons
- Closed practices
- Too many penalties
- Can’t recruit with NCAA penalties looming
- Can’t get players he didn’t recruit to execute new scheme perfectly in first SEC game
- Scrunchy face

Pros
- ???

Hmm.

Maybe he ain’t the guy.

Will withhold final judgment until after second SEC game.

That how this works??
Que the "Coaching Search" thread?

I remember at the beginning of camp the reporters were talking about getting to watch an hour of practices and even now they get more access to Heupel, Assistant Coaches and multiple players than they've gotten in several years....I'd say they are getting plenty of access, they just like to whine.

And, like some have already said, they won't report what they see accurately anyway....Joe Milton was Cam Newtown 2.0 just 6 weeks ago.

However the coaches want to divide up the access is fine. Everyone is different. Some give 5 minutes, some give 15, some it’s like the Wild West. Just set it and leave it. When you start changing it, to me it’s showing that outside factors are getting into your building. Should always be business as usual.

Reactions: pierce60
However the coaches want to divide up the access is fine. Everyone is different. Some give 5 minutes, some give 15, some it’s like the Wild West. Just set it and leave it. When you start changing it, to me it’s showing that outside factors are getting into your building. Should always be business as usual.

Feel like it's not a Heupel decision fully, and he's focused on the coaching and not the other stuff. (I think it's a DW call)

Heupel - I yield.

I’m starting my list!

Cons
- Closed practices
- Too many penalties
- Can’t get players he didn’t recruit to execute new scheme perfectly in first SEC game
- Scrunchy face

Pros
- ???

Hmm.

Maybe he ain’t the guy.

That how this works??
And he has a cough. It’s so annoying

I don't give a sh!t what access they give the media...my only cause for concern would be if Heup is getting butch-like insecurities. Once that starts happening you know it's going to end badly, just a matter of when.

Reactions: volinexile17
Lower than hands? If that is the case, I have absolutely no desire to know what you might be greasing.

UTENN-PC155LF-24x16-Give-my-all-for-TN-ICON-WEB_2000x.jpg

While personally, I'd let the media have 15 minutes of access every day (it'd just be exclusively the stretching period, suck it media members) because if the local media really needs 5 or 15 minutes of access to come up with content to get readers, they suck at their job. (which most of them do)

Ideally Roman and Baron should be your 1-2 and Byron should be your rotational fresh legs.

Baron has looked good, of course Florida didn't really start throwing until the 2nd half when the legs of our DL were more worn down.

I still think the LBs are limiting the defense the most. LBs who can lockdown RBs or TEs or who can actually beat a block and get to the QB when blitzing and the defense is pressuring more.

I will say though we're doing better than last staff.

9 sacks & 34 TTFL (that's 7th best in the NCAA)

So the defense is playing on the right side of the LOS more often than not, just gotta generate more turnovers and less penalties.

Heupel - I yield.

I’m starting my list!

Cons
- Closed practices
- Too many penalties
- Scrunchy face

Pros
- ???

Hmm.

Maybe he ain’t the guy.

That how this works??

Only pro I have seen is that he has put the offense in a position to succeed and we miss simple executions. 2 drops early in the florida game cost us a chance at being competitive with them for a longer time. Pitt should have been put away early but Joe Milton happened.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back