Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.959176cb68bbc581e6e908872bd2279a

We are going to learn where our run defense stands this week. I am concerned about run plays to the edges and the little speed option that Florida runs with Emory.
Boundary to boundary we don’t have an issue. What’s going to be an issue is if our LBs don’t stay in the middle of the field and their RB breaks one up the middle.

Flowers and McCullough have no speed to get to any of Florida’s RBs if they make it up the middle and passed the LBs.

He's going to turn the ball over though so It's closer than you'd think imo

So other players can improve as the season goes but he can't? Maybe the staff has been working with him specifically on ball security this week based on his past few games...

So other players can improve as the season goes but he can't? Maybe the staff has been working with him specifically on ball security this week based on his past few games...
Ball security is a big thing to try and fix. It is not easily fixable.

You either have it or you don’t. You might fix it slightly but look at Foster…. Dude had Ball Security issues even into the pros even after working on it.

He does, but your first post said safety. Star position is all over the field and mostly near the LOS.
It is a hybrid position most like a roving safety. They are referred to as a hybrid safety/linebacker but are considered db's hence my safety designation.

Ball security is a big thing to try and fix. It is not easily fixable.

You either have it or you don’t. You might fix it slightly but look at Foster…. Dude had Ball Security issues even into the pros even after working on it.

I completely agree, just saying don't write the kid off as a fumble machine... yet....

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
UF, BAMA, LSU, and UGA in one season....see this is why I don't care to play a big non conference game every year...f*** that...we don't need to...especially now. Also, with the Texas and OU coming over....absolutely no need. Playing a non conference game similar to a team like Pittsburgh is fine with.

All we have to do is not get drug by teams that by all means are capable of skull dragging us, for an entire 1/3rd of our schedule.

Come out victorious in battles with on par competition for another 1/3rd.

And not slip up at all against the 1/3rd we're expected to beat and will gain nothing from.

Do that and overcome a completely biased league and their refs. Sell our program to a generation of kids that are much more interested in plug and play than any kind of rebuild.. and boom! We're right back in it at the bottom of the top.
So easy I'm not sure why everyone doesn't do it, honestly.

Solve QB/WR and we solve a ton of problems. If we hit those long passes this is a different team. The struggling OL gets a ton better if the QB can hit a few long passes while also being a threat to run. That alone would make us a better team and definitely buy us time for recruiting killer players on the lines and elsewhere. I almost think it's the only path forward for a team working from behind. QB has been the major factor that changed things for Clemson (now they're suffering the lack of it) and it was a major reason we were able to rebuild under Majors as well as what took us to new levels under Fulmer. It was even the major reason Butch was able to be successful with Dobbs making up for a lot of deficiencies all over the field.

The more I think about it the more I'm glad that JH is a former QB. Surely, that will help recruiting the position in the future because I think it's the key.

Good post, makes sense... BUT, you have to agree that we desperately need some D linemen with all that will be gone after this season...

Reactions: VOLSONLY and UTProf
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back