Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can believe whatever story helps you sleep better at night but he was 3rd in the spring with no Joe and 3rd in the fall after Joe…. My person that watches practices says that it is not even close between him and the other two QBs…. He might be able to get there but right now he is not close to competing with the other two guys…. I’m going to step back out of this convo as I’m trying not to discuss him.
When Milton arrived nearly every talking head that covers practice, including AP who seems to know more than anyone else who covers the team, was saying HB or Joe. That obviously changed in fall camp but it is beyond disingenuous to say he was third in spring before Milton even got here. Maurer was never in this competition

Kiffin in Tallahassee would be a steal for FSU. His recruiting in that state would blow up. He would only have to contend with Clemson in the ACC. If I am the AD I am making that call asap and offering whatever it take to get him there.
IMHO, if I am Kiff’s agent, I remind him he left the best conf in the country once as head coach, he does not want to do it twice, especially to lowly FSU and ACC. Also, them folks in Oxford have got BIG money also.

Who is praising Bailey?

Hooker cannot pass the football. He hit Payton on a nice throw he was late on. Other than that he did not show any improvement throwing the ball down the field. He can’t pass.

Hooker Passing Chart
20+ Left: 1/4, 29 yards, TD to Payton, DPI

Middle: 0/2

Right: 0/1 (DPI called)

11-20 yards:

Left: N/A

Middle: N/A

Right: 1/1, 11 yards

0-10 yards:
left: 8/8, 116 yards, TD to Velus

Middle: 1/2, 7 yards

Right: 2/3, 11 yards, TD to Warren

Behind LOS:

Left: 4/4, 26 yards

N/A

Right: 1/2, 3 yards

And this was against Tennessee Tech. And he still couldn’t do it. They were afraid to let him throw it against Pitt. He’ll have 3 picks and a fumble in the swamp is my bet if he starts
Just want to make sure I am reading this correctly.... out of 7 balls over 20+ yards, he completed one and two were called DPI. So, we had positive outcomes on 3 out of 7? I wonder what the national average is? I would not think it is hugely better, but I could be wrong.

Offense as a whole looks very unsmooth no matter who’s in the game at QB.. dropped passes, overthrows, underthrows, turnovers, poor O Line play it’s just been erratic even vs not so great opponents. Best chance vs Florida is to somehow hope we can connect on a few of those 40-50 yard bombs. We’ll need 4-6 of them to stay in the game. Mullen will try to eat up as much clock as possible with that Power Run Spread they have going on so defense will likely look exhausted. Hopefully we can get some turnovers on defense to try and make up for it

When Milton arrived nearly every talking head that covers practice, including AP who seems to know more than anyone else who covers the team, was saying HB or Joe. That obviously changed in fall camp but it is beyond disingenuous to say he was third in spring before Milton even got here. Maurer was never in this competition
Ok…. Go HB

If you bring up the last staff and QB’s I stop listening.

He’s got 5 years left to play. We don’t know what he is, and this staff hasn’t told us what he is. They chose two guys with a lot more experience who are better right now over him.

I’m not sure why that’s not enough and you guys have to disparage the kid
Disparage a kid? He’s not good enough right now.. we are saying the same thing

The 9-3 / 8-4 squad still melting down daily, I see.

…Those of us who came in thinking 6 wins would be a good year are just taking it all in stride.

For my part, I haven’t seen anything so far this season that has surprised me. The talking heads were warning us all off-season it probably would look like this.

Calling people "Bailey haters" is just inaccurate. Many, many have said that he just needs time, and many don't want him to leave. He just isn't ready right now for our offense. Not sure how that is turned into a hater.
Saying he isn’t ready is absolutely fine. I feel the same way. It’s just the people saying he’s a bust and the stuff like “two different staffs showed why he’s third on the depth chart” bragging type **** is what is weird.

Saying he isn’t ready is absolutely fine. I feel the same way. It’s just the people saying he’s a bust and the stuff like “two different staffs showed why he’s third on the depth chart” bragging type **** is what is weird.

Ok. I just haven't seen many, if at all, saying he's a bust. The Bailey push was weird from some, and I think the response from some was simply, "Two staffs have coached him."

He just needs time. I know that students managers were trying to help him with the playbook several weeks into the season last year because he missed so much practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back