Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump. Is Ellarbee the worst coach we have? Our offensive line is absolutely pathetic. Of all the position groups easily the most disappointing. In other position groups where we are talent deficient you can at least see where the players are being coached up. On the QB side you can at least say you are having to rely on transfers. What’s the excuse for the offensive line? Most all of them that are playing are upper classmen.

The Florida defensive line is going to destroy us this weekend. I would be surprised if our running backs break 100 yards cumulative.
ummm…. We have been starting Ollie lane

I'm not ready to **** on our oline coach. That position is ridiculously thin.
I agree, but our supposed best offensive player just ran it 15 times for 41 yards against TTU. Either he's not that good, or the OL is thin (like you say) and not very talented or the coaching is subpar. I think I've just been programmed to blame suspect coaching on our problems given the last 15 years.

I agree, but our supposed best offensive player just ran it 15 times for 41 yards against TTU. Either he's not that good, or the OL is thin (like you say) and not very talented or the coaching is subpar. I think I've just been programmed to blame suspect coaching on our problems given the last 15 years.

The oline is so thin that just one guy being out has made things ugly. That's the way I take it. They looked fine the first couple drives of the year until Cooper got hurt. Not saying they're gonna be a great oline by any means when he's back, but it should be a good amount better. At least I hope

Unfortunately, I have a feeling I know what we will do… Sit back in zone so that we can watch the quarterback in case he tries to run and we will get picked apart. We are not a zone defense. Banks need to take his chances playing aggressive the whole game with man to man and having a spy on the quarterback.

Banks is usually the spy

The SEC put out a statement that said it should have been reviewed and stopped when the official waved his arms.

The MSU players never possessed the ball so it actually was live but the ref blew the play dead and it should not have been a TD.
Wish ACC officials would have had the guts to publicly admit their mistakes.

Bump. Is Ellarbee the worst coach we have? Our offensive line is absolutely pathetic. Of all the position groups easily the most disappointing. In other position groups where we are talent deficient you can at least see where the players are being coached up. On the QB side you can at least say you are having to rely on transfers. What’s the excuse for the offensive line? Most all of them that are playing are upper classmen.

The Florida defensive line is going to destroy us this weekend. I would be surprised if our running backs break 100 yards cumulative.
His group sucks.

Reactions: ACvol3
My heart agrees. My brain is calling my heart a dumbass.

Think of it this way. They should've rolled UTC but until the pick 6, they were minus 3 in turnovers. We went minus 3 in turnovers and lost by one score to Pitt. Hard to win minus 3 and yet we almost still did and Pitt is way better than UTC. We are better. But sure, you are a DA. LOL Just kidding on that last part.

Last edited:
Did he not tell us we have 9 or 10 offensive lineman in the offseason?

We do. Some are very talented. They just don't have a lot of experience and are learning a new scheme. They are being brought along with a more measured approach that will benefit them and the program in future years more than today.

The coaching staff is looking at the long term, not just the next game or practice. We want them to do that.

His history is pretty impressive. He had 3 first team all conference OL in 2018 at UCF when they ran for a school record of almost 3500 yards. In 2017, his OL at Mizzou gave up 13 sacks all year. In 2015, his Arkansas State OL was top 60, giving up 25 sacks but going 8-0 in conference. In 2012, his MTSU OL was 3rd in country giving up 8 sacks all year.

He’s been nominated for the Broyles award twice. He has a great track record. He understands the position. Let’s give him some time to develop our guys and figure it out.

It’s about the jimmies and Joes… or the lack of in this case

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
His history is pretty impressive. He had 3 first team all conference OL in 2018 at UCF when they ran for a school record of almost 3500 yards. In 2017, his OL at Mizzou gave up 13 sacks all year. In 2015, his Arkansas State OL was top 60, giving up 25 sacks but going 8-0 in conference. In 2012, his MTSU OL was 3rd in country giving up 8 sacks all year.

He’s been nominated for the Broyles award twice. He has a great track record. He understands the position. Let’s give him some time to develop our guys and figure it out.
Haven’t you learned anything? Fire him now and pine for him at his next job! 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back