Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Auburn OC screwed them on that 4th down play. Why call a fade, which is a low percentage play, with a quarterback who isn’t all that great? Just do play action rollout to draw the defense in a bit and give your quarterback a couple options to throw to or take it in himself.
It seems simple, but these playcallers overthink it a lot. Agree it was a very bad call.

Reactions: OrangenSC
HH just passed for 8 YPA and ran for 7.1 YPC. On the season 5 passing TDs and 1 INT and 70% completion.

What are you watching?
HIs numbers looked great, but he did not seem to play as well as they indicate. He missed a couple of easy throws (all QB do miss throws, but ours seem to miss more). I think I would rather he start than Milton, but not by very much.

Reactions: OrangenSC
If I am Florida, I load the box and play zone behind it - make Tennessee throw it.

On offense they will run run and run some more - the d line might play well for a quarter but that’s it. Our front 7 isn’t good enough or deep enough to hang.

This. ^

Painfully obvious that this will be their game plan. The two QB's we have used cannot read coverages well, so zone is the prescription for picks with heavy pressure on the QB. They ran very well on Bama, which means they will run extremely well on us. Hope to be surprised, but expecting to be blown out.

I don't think Pitt is better than either KY or MO. Pitt got beat my Western Michigan today. Western Michigan isn't a good football team. Both MO and KY are much better teams than the Vols are right now plus both games are on the road. We'll be underdogs in both games. I don't give us much chance of beating either.
Kentucky beat Missouri and then should have lost to UTC. Neither of them are clearly better. I agree we will be underdogs, but both are beatable.

Kentucky beat Missouri and then should have lost to UTC. Neither of them are clearly better. I agree we will be underdogs, but both are beatable.
That's why my confidence level is 60%. It was at 50%, (toss up) prior to seeing us play. I now give the edge to both of those teams. I think they're in a better spot than us right now.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I don't think Pitt is better than either KY or MO. Pitt got beat my Western Michigan today. Western Michigan isn't a good football team. Both MO and KY are much better teams than the Vols are right now plus both games are on the road. We'll be underdogs in both games. I don't give us much chance of beating either.

Chattanooga says hello to UK. We were underdogs to Pitt.

Had such developed Andrew luck and kaeperknick so it’s really weird to hear this and kind of agree.
Much like with Trevor and Dabo, I'm not really sure the coaches can take the credit for developing those generational talents. Putting them in positions to succeed, maybe. Not screwing them up, that too. But developing was likely done well beforehand by others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back