Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile Richardson was doing backflips on the sideline. Emory is trash compared to that kid. Hoping Milton finally hits the deep ball, but next week lookin bleek.

Anyone know what Juwan Mitchell’s injury is? Had no idea he wasn’t playing today, but happy for Solon
What is wrong with Bumphus? I saw him on the sidelines. He looks like a beast and we sure could use him in the DL rotation. Hope he’s ready to play against Florida.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Maybe with V. Jones being closer to 100% Milton's game will take a step toward being more complete. Got to have the bombs to hang in conference play.
Sorry but there’s no way Velus is as fast as they say he is. He looked like he was running in molasses yesterday when he broke away and was brought down by their DB.

Reactions: VolNash17
If I am Florida, I load the box and play zone behind it - make Tennessee throw it.

On offense they will run run and run some more - the d line might play well for a quarter but that’s it. Our front 7 isn’t good enough or deep enough to hang.
they won't have to load the box. we can't get a push against TT.

I don't think Pitt is better than either KY or MO. Pitt got beat my Western Michigan today. Western Michigan isn't a good football team. Both MO and KY are much better teams than the Vols are right now plus both games are on the road. We'll be underdogs in both games. I don't give us much chance of beating either.
Both games being on the road hurts a little. I’m not too worried about going on the road Mizzou. I don’t think they have a huge home field advantage at that place. However, you know KY will get a night game against us, which will give them an advantage. It’s funny…we play them at home and get a noon game. We play them there, and they always get a night game.

Starting the season I thought we were a 6 win team with 5 being the bottom. After seeing just how little talent we have I now believe 4 is the bottom. There's still a longshot at 6 but I really don't see it, I agree this is probably a 5 win team.
It is what I thought it was, but really hoped it wasn't.

I thought the punt team just had to touch it. Any touching kills the play. Didn't know they had to possess it. Brutal way to lose.
I had no idea either. That is a very stupid rule. Does that mean that the punting team could just bat it forward toward the goal line and fall on it closer to the endzone?

Reactions: jave36
Seriously, I don't get all the negativity. Truthfully, except for the best of the best, most games are essentially toss ups. I don't get this talk that KY and Missouri are better than us. KY barely beat UT-Chattanooga. Mizzou lost to KY. I can understand considering Bama, UGA, and UF almost certain losses. Those teams are currently juggernauts in college football. But any other team on the schedule is beatable. Doesn't mean we will beat them, but we can beat them. Even losing to a team doesn't mean they are "better". It just means they were "better" that day. They executed better and took advantage of the breaks.

Yeah, I still think 6 wins is very doable. The offense is enough of a threat that we won't be an easy out for UK, Missouri, or Ole Miss.

I saw an interesting stat being reported yesterday, tried to look it up to verify, but couldn‘t find the stats and I don’t remember who reported it.

With yesterday’s win, Tennessee became the only team to have a +55 shutout streak of 3 games against an opponent.

1951 - 68-0
2016 - 55-0
2021 - 56-0

Last edited:
Im so mad about how good Ole Miss is. I think they beat Bama and end up winning the west if Corral stays healthy. I'm a big believer in Kiffin as a coach and i think this is the best team he's ever had.

And of course this is the year we play them.
The coach we have beat his eyes out when they went head to head with similiar talent..just sayin. It isn't going to happen this time, because Kiffy got a one year head start and a really QB to work with.

Heupel has to find a QB or fix one of the ones we have (good luck with that) before we can really compete against good teams

The only way we’re going to compete this year is to hit explosive plays. Milton is the only one capable of doing that
Hooker could have some explosive running plays and could get the ball to our playmakers who have started to show that they can make people miss. Milton is more likely to generate them, though, I agree.

Intresting, I would put USC first. LSU has it tough with Bama, and Jimbo making AM tough. I expect Napier to get the LSU job
I think that there are quite a few coaches who want no part of coaching in the SEC. They would rather coach up a good team and have a winnable conference schedule year in and year out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back