Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took a job as a substitute teacher while I’m in a program to get my teaching certificate post-degree.. which is me basically admitting defeat on my history degree being useful for anything other than teaching

But I asked some of my old teachers at my high school what I’m walking into and he said it’s a hell hole. It’s the biggest school in the state, and very diverse. Racial tensions “haven’t been this high here since the early 90’s.”

Great.
Parents were teachers. They always told me to stay the f away from education lol

I just took a job as a substitute teacher while I’m in a program to get my teaching certificate post-degree.. which is me basically admitting defeat on my history degree being useful for anything other than teaching

But I asked some of my old teachers at my high school what I’m walking into and he said it’s a hell hole. It’s the biggest school in the state, and very diverse. Racial tensions “haven’t been this high here since the early 90’s.”

Great.
Your white ass is toast.

Agree. Dobbs may have never played at UT if all the QBs didn't get hurt in front of him. And it had to happen 2 years in a row before he got the permanent QB1 spot.
That is not an example of a bad coaching decision…… Dobbs wasn’t ready when he got his first shot and should have been redshirted like Jones wanted to do….that freshman season…. He had two passing games less than 80 yds and avg 3.8 ypa which is pitiful….. 2 TDS and 6 int…. His qb rating was 25 points less than JG’s worse season…. He also avg 30 yds a game rushing…The next off-season, he still wasn’t ready and was the back up….When he got another chance…. He did much better but still wasn’t great…. In year 3…. He really started taking off….QB is a position where the guy typically has to have time to develop…. Even Peyton Manning wasn’t a stud his freshman year.

Reactions: DarthVol1
Parents were teachers. They always told me to stay the f away from education lol
Plus I’m just out of options. I don’t want to deliver packages for $15 an hour or work an entry level QA job for $14 an hour for the rest of my life. I got a worthless degree, made my bed, time to sleep in it.

That isn’t to say I’m not passionate about history, I am. I love it. I just don’t love the rigid curriculum I’ll be forced to teach by the state based on nothing more than indoctrination rather than facts. And that will be what ends my career in the only field I can manage a career in.

My dad has told me that where I stand politically is antithetical to academia’s agenda and I won’t survive if I don’t learn to keep my mouth shut or stay in line.

But if I get fired, fine. I’ve seen so many radically insane teachers that I can’t comprehend my stance of “keep the government out of my damn life” is grounds for dismissal.
That’s how I made straight A’s in college…. Find out what the professor believed and write about that….. Guaranteed A

So some of us have been plunking down a very significant donation for the privilege of buying tickets, while others have been grandfathered into paying $0...for decades? I'm not as sympathetic and certainly not outraged.

Yes - friends of ours have been doing it that way for decades.

People can share opinions. I have no issue with that. I am pointing out that I do not utilize Freak's amazing message board (really Freak is a rockstar) for listening to the uninformed opinions of the UT fanbase. I love to hear about updates on recruits and practices. I know if that was all that was on here Freak would have to sell his summer home on the beach. I am just pointing out that it wears on you to hear that drum pounded incessantly over and over. I don't want to listen to some randos at Walmart discuss their opinions about how to fix the impending economic crisis either.
buy low, sell high. boom.

Reactions: therickbol

Great.
Good luck buddy..seriously.

Coaches certainly know more than we do about football. There’s no doubt about it.

But football is not rocket science. If you have watched the sport for a long time - and especially watched how bad Tennessee football has been for a long time - it’s very easy for me to believe we can see mistakes coaches are making.

We can’t be sure of it, but a lot of this stuff isn’t hard.

Can I break down a cover two defense as well as Jeremy Pruitt? No I can’t.

Can I tell you when Jeremy Pruitt is doing a bad job or when he makes mistakes? Absolutely.
The question is not can fans figure things like this out. I agree that we can. The question is how much data do you need to support your opinion? I think after two games, we do not have nearly enough data, especially since exactly none of us have seen Bailey play in a real game in Heupel's system.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
Yeah, I heard one specific story of a family who has had sideline tickets for 50 years. They weren’t required to make a donation for those seats in the 1970’s. Anyway, they got an email saying they were being reassigned. In a panic they offered to pay whatever donation necessary to keep the seats, but were told the reassignment was final.

Danny brought his entire fundraising team from UCF and has run off/irritated a lot of people. It’ll be treated as growing pains if we start winning in football. It’ll be a turning point against him if we don’t.
You have a source for this information? Also, it was my understanding that plenty of seats have been reassigned before DW came on board.

Plus I’m just out of options. I don’t want to deliver packages for $15 an hour or work an entry level QA job for $14 an hour for the rest of my life. I got a worthless degree, made my bed, time to sleep in it.

That isn’t to say I’m not passionate about history, I am. I love it. I just don’t love the rigid curriculum I’ll be forced to teach by the state based on nothing more than indoctrination rather than facts. And that will be what ends my career in the only field I can manage a career in.
I get where you're coming from but don't put yourself down bro. Keep your head up, you got this.

The problem is the idiots did indeed look like idiots right with regards to the last staff and their qb decisions.

I'm not saying Bailey was a future Heisman candidate or anything. But he did look better than Guarantano when he finally got to play despite the last staff evaluating, coaching, teaching, studying film, ect. Vol fans have been trained to be skeptical after 10 years of dumb**s coaches.
Bailey didn’t have fall camp due to covid…. The decision not to play him was correct….. they started Sunday night scrimmages to get him ready……Not trying to defend the coaches but they did a horrible job with the qb room.

Less serious note, but still need help on it.. my apartment has these tiny little gnats flying around. Not many, but I’ll notice one here or there. Or fly across the TV, etc.

My house is clean, the only “dirty” thing about it is having two cats in a one bedroom apartment. So where are they coming from? How do I get rid of them? I dumped both litter boxes hoping that’d help, but it hasn’t.

Reactions: VolNash17
So...two weeks from finally getting to go to Sequoia National Park and visit the Giant Forest..and a couple of lightning strikes start a huge fire and shut down the park...worse they are less than a mile from the Giant Forest area where the biggest tree on the planet resides..so sad.

I am way more bummed out about this than I am the football team...😥

Some good news..at this point the Kings Canyon side is still open, and we are booked at the John Muir lodge in the Grant Grove area..hopefully that doesn't get flushed also.

Two weeks from a lifelong dream...two freakin weeks..😥
Yeah you better go now, Cali will be completely burnt out in five years.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
We lost by 7 left 21 on the board because of overthrows. Say what you want about the run to the three. We lost because of overthrows. Game would of been a blowout if he hits those throws.
You absolutely should not deal in absolutes because it makes you look absolutely silly.

Reactions: UTJoe
We're probably gonna see a couple trick plays tried out Saturday or they may wait til Florida.

What's the last trick play you remember us running?
56820350.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back