Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
USC signed 2 4star QBs last class and has 1 committed this class. Wish we could raid their roster and class. No reason they should ever be down. They sign multiple 5 stars a year. Wish Korey Foreman would transfer to the good guys. I know it’s all a pipe dream.

I wish we could raid their cheerleaders.

It is a delicate situation and they are trying to handle it in a delicate way to keep him from transferring …. If baileys attitude is to say screw it then he will probably never be any good bc competitors compete… I do wish our fans would stop with the noise bc it will only help to put those kind of thoughts in his head.

Thanks for your response and for bringing info to the board. 👍

1. Alabama is a good job, but not top 5. It’s the best program currently, but not best job. If you had asked this question in 2000, Alabama would have got all the same responses we always hear: not good enough local talent, weighed down by unrealistic expectations, surrounded by better programs, etc.

2. OSU, Georgia, Texas, LSU, USC is the correct answer (not necessarily in that order).

1. Alabama is a good job, but not top 5. It’s the best program currently, but not best job. If you had asked this question in 2000, Alabama would have got all the same responses we always hear: not good enough local talent, weighed down by unrealistic expectations, surrounded by better programs, etc.

2. OSU, Georgia, Texas, LSU, USC is the correct answer (not necessarily in that order).
But it’s not 2000. It’s 2021 and Alabama is far and away the best job right now.

Just curious, who are y’all taking at QB between these two options? (Based on HS senior year stats)

QB1 - 1317 passing yards, 50%, 10 TD’s to 6 Int’s. 262 rushing yards and 5 TD’s.

QB2 - 771 passing yards, 60%, 6 TD’s to 3 Int’s. 512 rushing yards and 12 TD’s. 226 receiving yards and 2 TD’s

It is a delicate situation and they are trying to handle it in a delicate way to keep him from transferring …. If baileys attitude is to say screw it then he will probably never be any good bc competitors compete… I do wish our fans would stop with the noise bc it will only help to put those kind of thoughts in his head.
If Milton didn’t look like a** and Hooker was better, it would be silent.

I think it showed potential….He had to carry it over to the spring and fall which hasn’t happened…. I do feel he has a chance to be a star one day if he progresses.
I think it comes down to three things with Heupel.

#1..It is fairly obvious that Bailey is the opposite of a practice warrior. That is not saying he is lazy, but some people are just not wired to excel when it is a simulated experience.

#2..He does not have a huge arm. Which in this particular offense is a little problematic due to all the verts and extremely deep outs which are designed to force the defense to spread itself thin. I think he has a more than an adequate enough arm, but Milton has one of the strongest I have seen.

#3..The kid is not a statue, but he is not a threat to run.

LA has said that the separation in practice performance between them is not as big as the divide you and your guy say it is.

Milton sucks on the field, when it matters. He has never been consistently accurate in real games in his life..at any level. I understand giving him this chance, the potential benefits almost force them to give him this chance, but I am over it. I gave no patience left for practice warriors sucking on game day. If he stinks it up again, he should be banished to the end of the bench.

I think it comes down to three things with Heupel.

#1..It is fairly obvious that Bailey is the opposite of a practice warrior. That is not saying he is lazy, but some people are just not wired to excel when it is a simulated experience.

#2..He does not have a huge arm. Which in this particular offense is a little problematic due to all the verts and extremely deep outs which are designed to force the defense to spread itself thin. I think he has a more than an adequate enough arm, but Milton has one of the strongest I have seen.

#3..The kid is not a statue, but he is not a threat to run.

LA has said that the separation in practice performance between them is not as big as the divide you and your guy say like it is.

Milton sucks on the field, when it matters. He has never been consistently accurate in real games in his life..at any level. I understand giving him this chance, the potential benefits almost force them to give him this chance, but I am over it. I gave no patience left for practice warriors sucking on game day. If he stinks it up again, he should be banished to the end of the bench.

Solid post, you feeling okay? (just kidding)

I don't know why people (not you McGill) are so quick to just leap frog to it's gotta be Bailey if Milton can't do it! Hooker has looked good in orange, looked good at VA Tech, why can't he be the guy? I felt like last year it should have been Bailey, and earlier in the season to. But that was with a QB room of JG, JT, Maurer. Against those guys it was pretty clear that Bailey was the best talent of the group.

Now I'm not so sure he is, it's a positive for us as a team that the most important position on offense has elevated it's talent to the point that Bailey isn't just the obvious choice.

Just curious, who are y’all taking at QB between these two options? (Based on HS senior year stats)

QB1 - 1317 passing yards, 50%, 10 TD’s to 6 Int’s. 262 rushing yards and 5 TD’s.

QB2 - 771 passing yards, 60%, 6 TD’s to 3 Int’s. 512 rushing yards and 12 TD’s. 226 receiving yards and 2 TD’s
That's tough.. QB1 has the yardage but is more inaccurate and turns the ball over.. QB2 turns the ball over too but seems to be be more of a dual threat.. prob QB2..

curious to see who is who

Solid post, you feeling okay? (just kidding)

I don't know why people (not you McGill) are so quick to just leap frog to it's gotta be Bailey if Milton can't do it! Hooker has looked good in orange, looked good at VA Tech, why can't he be the guy? I felt like last year it should have been Bailey, and earlier in the season to. But that was with a QB room of JG, JT, Maurer. Against those guys it was pretty clear that Bailey was the best talent of the group.

Now I'm not so sure he is, it's a positive for us as a team that the most important position on offense has elevated it's talent to the point that Bailey isn't just the obvious choice.
Lol..I have a lot of solid posts....it's just that a lot of the time it is something a lot of people don't want to hear.

I would say Clemson has really built/established itself as a top job. But it wasn't the case before Dabo built things up. They are located in a hot bed for getting talent, near Georgia/Florida/Carolinas/TN and the facilities are top level (now) and their in-state rival hasn't been good for awhile.

Reactions: VolByLaw

15 TDs to 6 INTs vs 20 TDs vs 3 INTs

Unless QB2 has a bunch of fumbles I'd take QB 2. Seems more than capable to throw the ball (likely gets less opportunities because of how good of an athlete they are) and 5 more TDs with 3 less INTs could be the difference in winning a few games and losing them.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back