Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is sure… there will be some crow served when we find out if Bailey is a star, average or worse. I wonder who’s going to be serving it and who’s going to be eating it
Why Nick? Nobody should be eating any crow...all anybody wants is to see somebody play well in a game.

I'm talking about the kid was thrown in mid-season with no development at all, that absolute fact has been well established and is common knowledge...and we expected him to be able to play well in the NFL jr league...lol.

Literally nothing can be taken from his performance last year other than this absolute fact..he improved despite being misused, and he played a hell of a game his last start.
he has much better touch on his passes than Rocket to nowhere. Difference is Hooker can take off. Once teams load the box, #itsover

I'm talking about the kid was thrown in mid-season with no development at all, that absolute fact has been well established and is common knowledge...and we expected him to be able to play well in the NFL jr league...lol.

Literally nothing can be taken from his performance last year other than this absolute fact..he improved despite being misused, and he played a hell of a game his last start.
Nothing including that start can be taken from last year…. He has potential but needs to be developed…. Allow him that time to be developed….. He will play when the coaches have confidence in him.

he has much better touch on his passes than Rocket to nowhere. Difference is Hooker can take off. Once teams load the box, #itsover
Maybe they all just suck...but I'd sure as heck like to see that proven on the field...where it matters.

As last season ended, I was encouraged about the future at QB because I saw a player..with my own two eyes..play a good game for once.

Nothing including that start can be taken from last year…. He has potential but needs to be developed…. Allow him that time to be developed….. He will play when the coaches have confidence in him.
A lot can be taken from that start..despite the horrible misuse, the kid improved..on the field...in a game..when it mattered. He proved the last staff wrong about him...on the field..where it mattered.

Was trying to find it, but it was to the opposite side of the field, he was in man coverage and the receiver caught it in front of him, but Alontae opened up towards the sideline for some reason instead of playing the ball in front of him and taking away the inside, so when the receiver caught it he just ran inside of Alontae and got about 10 to 15 more yards after catch. If Alontae just stops right there and plays it heads up he would of probably of made a play on the ball. It was just bad technique. Other than that he played really well. I’ve just noticed on deep one on one coverage he has issues.

Yep - technique, or lack thereof. I remember him just allowing the receiver the inside of the field without contesting it with his hips turned toward the sideline. He looked so awkward. That's our best CB in his 4th season? A safety who is really a receiver who is still playing CB? That's the best we can do? Nah. We can and have to do better recruiting and development than this. If he has to play D because of the lack of talent, he needs to play the safety type position. He's good moving forward and the extra space off the LOS would give him time to get his body in the right spot.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
One thing is sure… there will be some crow served when we find out if Bailey is a star, average or worse. I wonder who’s going to be serving it and who’s going to be eating it
No there won’t….. fans always think that way but we don’t know exactly when a player starts to get it and is ready to play….. I hope he becomes a star….. lord knows we need some good things to happen to us.

It appeared that way, but sitting in the north endzone and watching the play develop, Hyatt had to slow down to wait on the ball because Milton put so much air under it. When I saw Milton start winding up, I shifted my eyes down field. At the 20 yd line, Hyatt had his man by 4-5 yards, seriously. By the time the ball got there, the defender was close enough to hit Hyatt and dislodge the ball.

Interestingly Milton seems to try and control the distance of his throws by how much air he puts under them rather than throwing the right distance with a consistent arc. The result on these long balls are either over-throws or moon-balls that the receivers have to wait on to come down out of the heavens.

A lot can be taken from that start..despite the horrible misuse, the kid improved..on the field...in a game..when it mattered. He proved the last staff wrong about him...on the field..where it mattered.
I think it showed potential….He had to carry it over to the spring and fall which hasn’t happened…. I do feel he has a chance to be a star one day if he progresses.

It wasn’t close….. Bailey was 3rd in the spring and 3rd in the fall.. They have made it seem like he was up there with hooker to keep him engaged and bc they think he has the potential to be a good QB..When they feel confident in him or completely no confidence then he will move up the depth chart…. I hope we get him into the game this weekend.

With the second and third teamers? Probably not going to tell us much. If he goes in with the #1's, may tell a little.

HB is out from being the starter barring injuries and total meltdowns IMO. The reluctance is there for whatever reasons they have. He needs to transfer unless something out of the ordinary happens. T-Jackson is Heup's guy like Milton. There's nothing wrong with that if it works. If it doesn't, Heup will be called out for not even trying with HB.

Not directed at you - but did anybody ever think that HB might have thought when it comes to practicing as #3, "Screw it, they are not giving me a fair shot at this. I'll save it for the next place where I will get a real opportunity with somebody who wants me."? The transfer portal and NIL have created migrant free agency. It's foolish to think you can keep a talented guy at any position on your bench for years anymore unless you are the machine known as Bama.

In walks PSU backup Levis to UK and voila - success. Find the right landing spot needing your type talent and it can all turn around.

With the second and third teamers? Probably not going to tell us much. If he goes in with the #1's, may tell a little.

HB is out from being the starter barring injuries and total meltdowns IMO. The reluctance is there for whatever reasons they have. He needs to transfer unless something out of the ordinary happens. T-Jackson is Heup's guy like Milton. There's nothing wrong with that if it works. If it doesn't, Heup will be called out for not even trying with HB.

Not directed at you - but did anybody ever think that HB might have thought when it comes to practicing as #3, "Screw it, they are not giving me a fair shot at this. I'll save it for the next place where I will get a real opportunity with somebody who wants me."? The transfer portal and NIL has created migrant free agency. It's foolish to think you can keep a talented guy at any position on your bench for years anymore unless you are the machine known as Bama.

In walks PSU backup Levis to UK and voila - success. Find the right landing spot needing your type talent and it can all turn around.
It is a delicate situation and they are trying to handle it in a delicate way to keep him from transferring …. If baileys attitude is to say screw it then he will probably never be any good bc competitors compete… I do wish our fans would stop with the noise bc it will only help to put those kind of thoughts in his head.

Not directed at you - but did anybody ever think that HB might have thought when it comes to practicing as #3, "Screw it, they are not giving me a fair shot at this. I'll save it for the next place where I will get a real opportunity with somebody who wants me."? The transfer portal and NIL have created migrant free agency. It's foolish to think you can keep a talented guy at any position on your bench for years anymore unless you are the machine known as Bama.

No chance that’s his actual attitude but in your scenario here, anyone with this mindset wouldn’t work anyways.

USC signed 2 4star QBs last class and has 1 committed this class. Wish we could raid their roster and class. No reason they should ever be down. They sign multiple 5 stars a year. Wish Korey Foreman would transfer to the good guys. I know it’s all a pipe dream.

“Worry about the ones we get.”

- Some guy that absolutely flamed out here in the most devastating fashion possible

USC signed 2 4star QBs last class and has 1 committed this class. Wish we could raid their roster and class. No reason they should ever be down. They sign multiple 5 stars a year. Wish Korey Foreman would transfer to the good guys. I know it’s all a pipe dream.
Tennessee has had 1 major QB recruit in some 30 years. He's committed to Alabama. USC walks out into LA Or has a Jr Day prob has 20-30 future college QB's on campus that day.

Why would any of those guys want to come across country to play for a defensive guru with 3-7 team? Most QB's commit Jr year. So...there's your answer.

Tennessee has had 1 major QB recruit in some 30 years. He's committed to Alabama. USC walks out into LA Or has a Jr Day prob has 20-30 future college QB's on campus that day.

Why would any of those guys want to come across country to play for a defensive guru with 3-7 team? Most QB's commit Jr year. So...there's your answer.
Which “defensive guru” are you referencing? 🤨

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back