Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone write a letter to Josh Heupel. For the love of God, let Bailey play this weekend. If for no other reason than I'm honestly tired of people bitching about him "not getting a chance". Clearly some have him on a pedestal. If that kid isn't the superman they've proclaimed him to be, I'm gonna be pissed.
This is VN and it's a peddle stool not pedestal. You're better than this

You’d think we have really great QB play right now with how people hate on the Bailey talk. Like, we’ve seen QBs 1&2 and they’re nothing special. Shame on all of us who want to see option 3. God forbid a QB be able to throw the ball accurately. There is literally not one single person here who is hoping Milton and Hooker fail. Just people who want to see good QB play. Fact of the matter is the play we’ve SEEN so far doesn’t give much hope. So, hope resides in the one unknown left in that room - Bailey. And for the umpteenth time - yes IF Milton ever figures it out he would be our best QB. Last time I checked though, “IFs” don’t win football games.

You’d think we have really great QB play right now with how people hate on the Bailey talk. Like, we’ve seen QBs 1&2 and they’re nothing special. Shame on all of us who want to see option 3. God forbid a QB be able to throw the ball accurately. There is literally not one single person here who is hoping Milton and Hooker fail. Just people who want to see good QB play. Fact of the matter is the play we’ve SEEN so far doesn’t give much hope. So, hope resides in the one unknown left in that room - Bailey. And for the umpteenth time - yes IF Milton ever figures it out he would be our best QB. Last time I checked though, “IFs” don’t win football games.
As Johnny Majors once said “If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas “.

All Bailey hit were short passes and checkdowns last year, which is exactly what Milton is excelling at in the very limited amount of time he has played. Plus he can run.

You think what you saw out of Bailey last year compares to what Hooker just did for us and has done for VT in the past?

Bailey will get his shot when it is warranted.

It's going to take Milton continuing to miss every wide open deep ball. Which feels likely now. Then it's gonna take Hooker sucking which uh, I dont know what you were watching, but he was far from sucking overall on Thursday. If the turnovers become a thing then he's benched.

The PT will be telling, especially with Hooker, who also needs to get better fast. They took advantage of Milton getting dinged up to give Hooker his shot Saturday. He doesn't have Milton's arm but he brings a running threat behind a shaky Oline with little depth. I doubt they're going to throw anybody into the Swamp cold. One more gimme and it gets real with SEC play.
No one talks about Harrison Bailey but on all account through fall camp he and Hooker were both behind Milton and there was no separation between the 2.

Why is Bailey not getting any consideration for playing time?

judging by the shadows, he was looking right back at the sun. No way that is on Milton though, that’sa perfect ball
Good point. And if Hyatt makes that catch does the mental block for Milton improve? Who knows, but I wish we had found out.

Did we ever learn what happened to Hyatt? They went to commercial right after that and then never mentioned him again when they came back. It looked like he may have thumped the back of his head on the ground when he came down, which is often a concussion.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
cybergoth-dance-party.gif

Looks like all the negaVols celebrating after a loss. Which one is @Catbone?

Some of you are lunatics with the Bailey infatuation. Here’s some advice: print a pic of him out, put it in your bathroom, grab some lotion, have fun and shut the hell up

Who is infatuated?? Everyone is 99% sure he's at least #2 option on the team after having their doubts proved correct about Milton. I don't see a huge problem in calling for him to play when our coach clearly isn't starting our best option. I'm personally calling for anyone not named Joe Milton, I'll be disgusted if he starts against Florida and probably bet my house on Florida ML live.

No doubt. I remember JG freshman year was very similar. He was taking about 5 sacks a game iirc. Then under Helton he greatly reduced that his So year once he got his internal clock better. HB can no doubt do the same hopefully.
I'm talking about the kid was thrown in mid-season with no development at all, that absolute fact has been well established and is common knowledge...and we expected him to be able to play well in the NFL jr league...lol.

Literally nothing can be taken from his performance last year other than this absolute fact..he improved despite being misused, and he played a hell of a game his last start.

No one talks about Harrison Bailey but on all account through fall camp he and Hooker were both behind Milton and there was no separation between the 2.

Why is Bailey not getting any consideration for playing time?
It wasn’t close….. Bailey was 3rd in the spring and 3rd in the fall.. They have made it seem like he was up there with hooker to keep him engaged and bc they think he has the potential to be a good QB..When they feel confident in him or completely no confidence in the others then he will move up the depth chart…. I hope we get him into the game this weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back