Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's impossible. Not been an OC or HC before. Too fat. Arkansas has no players. Yada, yada, yada.

One of the smartest football coaches alive that guys give their all for every game. But he would never have been good enough for folks here.
In before they lose 4 straight to A&M, UGA, Ole Miss, and AU and Arkansas fans are calling for his head

Man...I get we like to just discuss different things, but ya'll some fickle bitches.

2 games is not a large enough sample size to confirm anything about dick. We've not even seen how this staff/team does in SEC play yet...Pittman in year 2 with arguably an elite staff around him beating a first year HC that left his longest tenure with the nickname "Seven Win Steve" and got fired from USC & the Falcons before landing in Saban Career rehab (for his 2nd time) isn't exactly proving he's an elite HC, still needs 2 wins to even hit 500 for his short career.
BVS

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Then they are blind.

They like the upside and what he could bring to the offense. Milton's okay. He could've gone back in the game Saturday. It will be interesting to see how they handle PT this Saturday. We'll need the BUs so do they give them more game reps or do they focus on giving Milton another tuneup in a friendly atmosphere? Somebody's going to get thrown into the Swamp.

Man...I get we like to just discuss different things, but ya'll some fickle bitches.

2 games is not a large enough sample size to confirm anything about dick. We've not even seen how this staff/team does in SEC play yet...Pittman in year 2 with arguably an elite staff around him beating a first year HC that left his longest tenure with the nickname "Seven Win Steve" and got fired from USC & the Falcons before landing in Saban Career rehab (for his 2nd time) isn't exactly proving he's an elite HC, still needs 2 wins to even hit 500 for his short career.
Wish I were strong enough to log out of VN and VQ for the next couple years. It’s truly a toxic environment right now. If a coach loses a game it’s time to fire him. If a freshman doesn’t make 10 tackles or catch 3 TD’s in week 1, they’re a bust.

The reality of this program and the expectations of some fans day 1 is so ridiculous it’s not even worth the energy to read and reply.

In before they lose 4 straight to A&M, UGA, Ole Miss, and AU and Arkansas fans are calling for his head

4-7, but essentially the same as here. Replace A&M with Kentucky (who has their QB). Replace AU with Florida. Same boat, yet, Heup is our guy and we are going to win 6 games this year most say. So is 6 wins not good for Arky? Pittman had even farther to come from the dregs than we did. We were one year removed from 8-5. The last winning season they had was 7-6 in 2016. They had been 2-10 two seasons in a row before last season.

But that's only half the story. You might want to actual sit in the room with him or at least watch videos as he explains the details of the game on not only offense, but defense. Sort of like Chaney, which is why they worked well together. Doesn't matter whether you like them as people or coaches or not - the understanding of the game is rare in both. With Pittman - the players know. Ask Cade, ask others who have played for him.

Wish I were strong enough to log out of VN and VQ for the next couple years. It’s truly a toxic environment right now. If a coach loses a game it’s time to fire him. If a freshman doesn’t make 10 tackles or catch 3 TD’s in week 1, they’re a bust.

The reality of this program and the expectations of some fans day 1 is so ridiculous it’s not even worth the energy to read and reply.
I just want a QB to hit open receivers. I’m pleased with coaching and everything else.

They like the upside and what he could bring to the offense. Milton's okay. He could've gone back in the game Saturday. It will be interesting to see how they handle PT this Saturday. We'll need the BUs so do they give them more game reps or do they focus on giving Milton another tuneup in a friendly atmosphere? Somebody's going to get thrown into the Swamp.

So which is it, I read Milton's ankle was hurt and is still hurt and he likely won't play this weekend, and then you are saying he could have gone back in the game Saturday? Oh well, guess we will see what's up this week and weekend...

4-7, but essentially the same as here. Replace A&M with Kentucky (who has their QB). Replace AU with Florida. Same boat, yet, Heup is our guy and we are going to win 6 games this year most say. So is 6 wins not good for Arky? Pittman had even farther to come from the dregs than we did. We were one year removed from 8-5. The last winning season they had was 7-6 in 2016. They had been 2-10 two seasons in a row before last season.

But that's only half the story. You might want to actual sit in the room with him or at least watch videos as he explains the details of the game on not only offense, but defense. Sort of like Chaney, which is why they worked well together. Doesn't matter whether you like them as people or coaches or not - the understanding of the game is rare in both. With Pittman - the players know. Ask Cade, ask others who have played for him.
JP knew X's and O's but was a dog sh*t head coach.. I'm not saying he's not a good guy.. I'm personally rooting for him to succeed, but let's tap the brakes on saying he's done anything at Arkansas yet.. He had a great night against Texas, but has a looooong way to go..

I want it to be Milton. He needs to sink or swim now - within the next 2 weeks. The rest of the season matters for the team and recruiting, not just Milton. I want Heup to know without a doubt what he has in Milton coming out of that game. Do it right or sit down.

So whatever Heup thinks best for PT Saturday. Maybe Joe can pretend it's not a game since the competition is so weak and it will help him for UF.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Two post from me today on last weekend and then I am putting the phone away. This post you guys will be happy with. The other not so much I am sure

very optimistic that with 3 TOs, ALL those injuries, POOR QB play and ALL those penalties we STILL had a doggone real shot to win the game. Fingers crossed that is a real positive sign going forward for this team.

I do like Pittman but I have doubts he will make Arkansas a real contender. could see them being like what kentucky has become in the East. Maybe a bit more potential.

They are trying to do what we are trying to do, return to being respectable first. They have sucked and so have we. They have competed in the much stronger west, we get the benefit of the east - so we have a shot to get there faster.

This

They are trying to do what we are trying to do, return to being respectable first. They have sucked and so have we. They have competed in the much stronger west, we get the benefit of the east - so we have a shot to get there faster.
I like Pittman. To use him as a standard for Heupel at this point is ludicrous.

Two post from me today on last weekend and then I am putting the phone away. This post you guys will be happy with. The other not so much I am sure

very optimistic that with 3 TOs, ALL those injuries, POOR QB play and ALL those penalties we STILL had a doggone real shot to win the game. Fingers crossed that is a real positive sign going forward for this team.

post 2:

You ain’t going to like this one

SPARE me the bs post about “well the team played hard” guess what? every single coach we have had since fulmer has played their ass off for their coach in year 1. The exact same line was said about those teams

Show me a college head coach coach that isn’t disciplined enough to maintain anywhere remotely close to a healthy body and I’ll show a program that is run lacking discipline. CJH was a gosh dang QB for goodness sakes and I cringe every time I have to look at his man boobs. Steve spurrier once said He wouldn’t hire a fat person because they are lazy and lack discipline. Well our team clearly showed a lack of discipline and that’s a problem going forward.

maybe just maybe JH goes the opposite direction of our last idiot coach and his body doesn’t balloon more and more like Him. Maybe in turn his program can show some damn discipline as well.

have a good day VN!

JP knew X's and O's but was a dog sh*t head coach.. I'm not saying he's not a good guy.. I'm personally rooting for him to succeed, but let's tap the brakes on saying he's done anything at Arkansas yet.. He had a great night against Texas, but has a looooong way to go..

If he goes 6-6 - is that not respectable from where they were? Two W's per year improvement from 2-10. Is that not how an awful program is rebuilt? Is that not what we are trying to do here? C'mon...

They beat the dogpoop out of Texas and would most of the time with the players of both teams on the field. So much so Sark is changing QB's. That should tell folks that they are going to win more this season. You get bragging rights if they don't.

Maybe...Heupel & staff are trying to break Milton in before SEC play and that's why the leash hasn't been shorter.

Cause I know without a shadow of a doubt, if we come out in the swamp and Milton is hitting on the deep balls and we end up beating the Gators every single one of you that's "out" on him will suddenly forget all the **** you talked the last 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back