Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, think it’s a bit tough to judge anybody based on such a limited sample size in a new offense with new receivers/Rb’s. I mean 1.5 games (milton) or .5 game (hooker). Let’s see if milton can start connecting going forward and at least we have a capable backup in hooker worst case.

Still think milton gives this offense the highest ceiling if he can start connecting. If that means we can steal a win or two that the other couldn’t, I think you have stick with him through Florida at least. He’s making the right reads for the most part just needs to hit a couple to gain some confidence.

That’s the biggest IF and how long does it take? He had 3 years at Michigan and didn’t get it, and he’s here now and clearly doesn’t get it still. Do we have patience or time to wait on him to get it?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Patterson was a proven MID-MAJOR coach at the time. No glass but he was gettable. Kiffin was on Clemson’s short list also, so Hamilton wasn’t in left field.

Hiring Kiffin was a homerun on paper. All the panic moves when he left are what killed the program. Dooley had no business being the HC. Kippy should have been named interim. But oh well…

Honestly I just worry about HB if the pocket collapses. But, if he makes the reads the ball should be out before that happens anyways so…. Really screw it, put the kid in and let him Ball out. Can’t be any worse than the other two….
I invite thee to checketh my stats. Been saying HB is best of all three. I completely agree. He has a better arm than many state. Honestly, I think what's killed us last couple years isnt necessarily a QB, is incompetency at WR.

We are getting people open now. Anyone who's watched Hb knows he can spread ball around.

I invite thee to checketh my stats. Been saying HB is best of all three. I completely agree. He has a better arm than many state. Honestly, I think what's killed us last couple years isnt necessarily a QB, is incompetency at WR.

We are getting people open now. Anyone who's watched Hb knows he can spread ball around.
Yup, HB throws to whoever he sees open and that’s a good thing. Keeps defenses on their toes.

It doesn't make sense to me. People are telling me not to believe my eyes. My eyes saw him as the best QB on our roster last year, yet they played JG. My eyes saw him be far better than what Hooker and Milton have shown us in the spring game, and yet he isn't playing. I don't know what it is. I do know that he actually has the ability to pass the football and the other two guys do not. My eyes have seen it

Man, I don’t know either. Part of me is thinking maybe we should recruit an ATH type that plays QB. Like Jimmy Calloway/Holiday and try that.

No reflection on HB, but why are we down on Hooker as a passer? Had he played the entire game he would've been close to 300 yards. Yes, he threw a pick, but that hasn't been a big issue for him historically. He completed 65% and 2 TDs. Not the worst performance, and he can run. What am I missing?

I like HH and think he deserves a shot, but I think the hope is HB can stretch the field with the better arm.

No reflection on HB, but why are we down on Hooker as a passer? Had he played the entire game he would've been close to 300 yards. Yes, he threw a pick, but that hasn't been a big issue for him historically. He completed 65% and 2 TDs. Not the worst performance, and he can run. What am I missing?

I’ve been adding to all of that, but I will agree with this post. I thought Hooker played well. I think a lot of people are scared by him because when he takes off and runs, he doesn’t take care of the ball and some think he could’ve had several more fumbles. Overall, I think he performed the best and earned the starting role for at least this weeks game.

Reactions: SoilVol and SSVol
Until it doesn't

Negativity and doubt in this program rule

I think Milton should get another shot. But we all know, because nothing nice happens to us.... that he won't.

Then Hooker is the guy. Turns the ball over. Can't throw it against SEC teams. But does well enough for us to lose to Mizzou.

Then we will see Bailey and he will be good enough, but its too late and we are already 5-7.

Until something actually good happens we shouldn't hope for a damn thing.

It's 5-7 or worse til it's not.

We are cursed at QB until we aren't.

I mean Heupel has such an incredible track record with QB's. He was a great QB and still we have a damn controversy. It's unbelievable.

That’s the biggest IF and how long does it take? He had 3 years at Michigan and didn’t get it, and he’s here now and clearly doesn’t get it still. Do we have patience or time to wait on him to get it?
It is a big if, that’s why I said give him through the Florida game, obviously should still be able to play someone else this weekend.

That’s not realistically going to change the outcome of the games no matter who the an is. If he plays well Saturday and against Florida then great, if he’s still missing too many open players then make the switch.

Just think he deserves more than a game and a half after reportedly winning the qb job handily. I’m not saying you stuck with him if it continues to look the same.

He only played in what 6 games at Michigan? It’s not like it’s JG and Pruitt. It’s a game and a half and he got benched/“hurt”. Huepel will find the best guy we have and go with it, even if it takes a few games.

IMO Milton is who he is. He's not going to change. He will have one or two great throws where we go YES FINALLY settling in! Followed by 12 wide open overthrows. Every. Single. Time.
But if the two he hits are 60yd touchdowns then it’s worth it. That’s what happens when your offense is built around deep shots. It’s not going to get easier in the SEC where the DBs are the best in the country.

We've been patient for 15 years which is why you are seeing less butts in seats. We're losing patience as well as hope more and more ever Saturday. And that's not Heupels fault but it's just reality

And during those 15 years we have had 5 ADs and 6 HCs. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re approaching double digits as far as OCs and DCs. That’s a crazy amount of instability and a recipe for disaster.

But if the two he hits are 60yd touchdowns then it’s worth it. That’s what happens when your offense is built around deep shots. It’s not going to get easier in the SEC where the DBs are the best in the country.

He’s not even in the same solar system with some of his throws. It’s unbelievable. He’s a dude that can throw the football but he is no QB.

His passes were less than 10 yards. He was very inaccurate on anything mid-range to deep. He also did not see the DB and threw a horrible interception that sealed the game. That's 3 turnovers for him in just over 2 quarters played

And during those 15 years we have had 5 ADs and 6 HCs. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re approaching double digits as far as OCs and DCs. That’s a crazy amount of instability and a recipe for disaster.
This is definitely the coach that will get 5 years regardless of record. No question. Hopefully we can retain our staff too

Reactions: VOLSONLY
People love HB?

Reactions: barrylee and SSVol
IMO Milton is who he is. He's not going to change. He will have one or two great throws where we go YES FINALLY settling in! Followed by 12 wide open overthrows. Every. Single. Time.
Probably.

We should do a poll on whether or not Milton will EVER hit a single wide open receiver in his career here.

I’m still convinced that Heupel is much further along than Pruitt in 2017, Butch in 2013, and Dooley in 2010.

Team already appears bought in and is playing hard for him.

Plus, a good chunk of the fanbase already distrusts his decision-making and wants him fired.

It’s really amazing!
Everyone has every reason to expect the worst from here on out.

I see the positives. But we still remain cursed until we aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back