Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ask him what happened in that game? I have seen at least two articles reporting similar things.
No I forgot. But the video someone posted of it is more of a direct evidence than that. Looks like he was having difficulty holding onto the ball in the cold and got rocked twice. I don't chalk that up to being a wuss or something, and he actually returned to the game at one point. That wasn't pretty, and BB also got injured during that game and didn't return.

Why are people posting bad things about Hooker when he outplayed Milton and looked better? His stats are better overall and he moved the ball for our offense. This offense has a lot of turnovers do to more possessions and chances for them. But it also scores a lot. I don’t see anyone posting videos of Milton at Michigan. And he was worse at Michigan than Hooker at VT.
We need to see Hooker or Bailey. they deserve a shot. It’s Tennessee Tech.

Chuck Knoblauch and that was hard to watch.
Yup. Back in the Mets had a catcher Mackey Sasser, who couldn’t throw the ball back to the pitcher. He could throw runners out stealing but the simple toss back to the mound had him double and triple clutching
mind blowing

Reactions: volKano
What I cant stand is when its 3rd and 4 and he throws it 50 yards deep.
That is annoying and almost all teams do it… they either throw short fo the line or Hail Mary. Baker did it last night against the chiefs on final drive. They run plays 30 yards down field when they only need 3-4 yards.

No I forgot. But the video someone posted of it is more of a direct evidence than that. Looks like he was having difficulty holding onto the ball in the cold and got rocked twice. I don't chalk that up to being a wuss or something, and he actually returned to the game at one point. That wasn't pretty, and BB also got injured during that game and didn't return.
All that commotion from him on the sideline was him shivering because he couldn't handle the cold weather. That's a pretty bad look.

Personally, I want Milton to start. I want Heup to play "his" guy until he makes it or falls on his face. We will either have a HC that can say he helped make a project into a good QB who can win, or, a HC who needs to eat crow and learn from his mistakes. I don't want a coach who blames everybody else or never learns from his mistakes - especially one that is going to be here for awhile. We have seen that through the last three HC's.

Milton needs to be given a simple 20 yards and in route tree. He doesn't show the ability to hit a target running away from him at longer distances consistently (if at all). So stay scripted, find the gaps and spread the field instead of trying to go over the top to back the D out of the box some. Hooker needs more zone read/read option/bootleg stuff with play action passes that freeze the secondary. Neither reads coverages well. If the light bulb comes on with one of them, ride the guy and open the playbook some to what they can do. Stick with him because the O-line needs to know who they are blocking for and their tendencies to be effective.

Or he could ride with HB in his current scheme. Which he won't.

Reactions: VolByLaw
All that commotion from him on the sideline was him shivering because he couldn't handle the cold weather. That's a pretty bad look.
Yeah, I mean something was going on that caused him to be unable to regulate is body temperature. In the article posted it was stated that the trainers, not Hooker, pulled him and took him to the locker room. He may have a medical condition. It hasn't happened before or since that we know about (he played the next week). It may happen again come November, it may not. At this point it's an outlier isn't it? Something to consider moving forward, but not something I would say "No, I don't want him to play" about. Only Hooker and the training staffs of UT (I hope) and VT know why that happened to him at this point. I guess my sunshine pumping positive thinking makes me say it was a fluke from a medical condition and won't happen again.

They said he left the first time to regain composure…. 2nd time bc he is too cold…. Either way…. It didn’t happen here and he played good Saturday so if he gets named the starter…. Hope all that stuff is behind him and he dominates.

Reactions: SoilVol
Those two don't seem to be the type "soft and lazy"

Would think Beckwith would want to see the field any way possible... slap about 15 lbs on him and put him at TE... just get him on the field...

Beckwith might be like Neiko Creamer. Looks like a beast, but for whatever reason just didn’t translate to the football field.

Personally, I want Milton to start. I want Heup to play "his" guy until he makes it or falls on his face. We will either have a HC that can say he helped make a project into a good QB who can win, or, a HC who needs to eat crow and learn from his mistakes. I don't want a coach who blames everybody else or never learns from his mistakes - especially one that is going to be here for awhile. We have seen that through the last three HC's.

Milton needs to be given a simple 20 yards and in route tree. He doesn't show the ability to hit a target running away from him at longer distances consistently (if at all). So stay scripted, find the gaps and spread the field instead of trying to go over the top to back the D out of the box some. Hooker needs more zone read/read option/bootleg stuff with play action passes that freeze the secondary. Neither reads coverages well. If the light bulb comes on with one of them, ride the guy and open the playbook some to what they can do. Stick with him because the O-line needs to know who they are blocking for and their tendencies to be effective.

Or he could ride with HB in his current scheme. Which he won't.
I think you give Milton through the Florida game to see if he can get it figured out. Play Milton first half this weekend and then get Hooker/Bailey in there.

I don’t think hype will ride with Milton all season if he isn’t performing, but not sure you can pull him after a game and a half either.

The one positive is he’s making the correct decisions for the most part. I think just needs to hit a couple throws and get his confidence up. If that still hasn’t happened by end of Florida game then put Hooker in, he’s a known commodity.

Realistically we’re beating tech and losing to Florida no matter who the qb is.

“The trainer came to me and told me that he was cold,” Fuente said. “I don’t know if there’s something more significant or serious or what with that.
“I’ve never seen that before or heard of that before.”

That second quote from Fuente tells me he soured on Hooker at that point, but I may be reading too much into it. Reads like a gratuitous cheap shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back