Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s why this loss hurts. We all know a statement win was within grasp, and after everything you can think of went wrong, we were still within grasp of scraping bye with a win. Those losses suck and we have had to endure so many.
Fact.

A normal mind would say to itself, self, next deep ball lets take a little off. If I'm playing cornhole and my first three bags sail over the hole, that #4 bag, I'm reeling it in a little. I mean, same concept, right?
Adrenaline IMO. Pro golfers talk about it all the time, they say being near the lead on Sunday is way different from the driving range or a match with your buddies. Golfers not used to the adrenaline rush often will hit balls way over the green on closing holes and pull putts that they normally make. They talk about it being a learning experience that can happen only when the pressure is on.

I think Milton may have the same problem. Throwing a deep ball in a game is way different from practice. I hope Heup is coaching him up on this.

With TTU this weekend, do you give Milton the first half to figure it out? Or do you go with Hooker and prepare for Florida. If Milton can figure out some touch, this offense is scary explosive.. Our opponents aren't watching our film and freaking out that we're rolling Hooker out there..

Milton definitely has two strikes on him, but if he can get out of his own way and figure it out, he's our best option.. If not, let Hooker take the reigns for UF and Missouri and if we're still struggling on offense start building for the future with HB..

Brilliant call and execution on the punt block. It was awesome.
Agreed. I think the coaches scripted the start of the game beautifully. If we could have executed, we probably would have been up big in the first. I still liked the fight I saw after we went down. Last years team would have caved.

Lol I wonder what Swain is thinking… he was all over Joe Milton on the radio. He kept saying he’d light it up and he’d be the best QB we’ve had in years. Which I hoped that would be true nevertheless it clearly wasn’t
He has done really well in practice…. It’s just not carrying over to games.

I thought there was a lot of effort displayed by the team. Didn’t quit when they were down and had a lot of key pieces missing.

Any word on the injured/missing players? I assume Cooper, Evans, and Young are all back next week. Hyatt, Jabari?
There is a press conference today at Noon ET that might give *some* answers. I assume if anyone is out for the year then we will know. Otherwise, we will probably get the classic "day-to-day" phrase.

With TTU this weekend, do you give Milton the first half to figure it out? Or do you go with Hooker and prepare for Florida. If Milton can figure out some touch, this offense is scary explosive.. Our opponents aren't watching our film and freaking out that we're rolling Hooker out there..

Milton definitely has two strikes on him, but if he can get out of his own way and figure it out, he's our best option.. If not, let Hooker take the reigns for UF and Missouri and if we're still struggling on offense start building for the future with HB..

HE IS NOT GOING TO FIGURE IT OUT.

Heup / Golesh / Hazle have the track record and have certainly earned the benefit of the doubt as far their ability to develop quarterbacks and implement effective offenses. The play-calling is there. Whoever ends up under center, I believe the QB situation will get there, too. They've just done this too many times for it to inexplicably not work here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back