Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catbone is in my age range. I’m 25, and I’ll give you some tidbits on why were so “negative”

Last time we won an SEC Title, I was 2 years old.
Last time we appeared in an SEC Title game, I was 10 years old.
We’ve beaten Florida 5 times in my entire lifetime.
We’ve had a losing season almost 50% of the time since I was born.

We have a reason to be negative.
I'm in the same age range and still manage to be a positive realist without being a miserable troll.

I’m 28 dude and I feel I’m one of the more positive here. It’s a dispositional thing. Pessimists vs Optimists.
I was like that in middle and high school when the downhill slide began and it became exhausting. I can’t pull for anyone else, and I can’t walk away. I was just raised to be emotionally invested in UT. But I can’t just pretend we aren’t awful.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Some interesting things I found out today looking at Pitt from last year:

On O….. they struggled running the ball…. Usually Pitts running backs averaged less than 4 ypc

They passed a lot….. usually over 40 times…. a typical day would be something like 25-47-215 yds 1-2 TDS 1 int

They don’t have very good ypa or ypc…. I’m feeling better about our defense being able to handle them.

On defense…… they shut down the run in almost every game but struggled poorly against the passing game.

For example Hendon Hooker was 13-22- 260 yards passing

The student body voted for Land Sharks I do believe.

ackbar.jpg

Catbone is in my age range. I’m 25, and I’ll give you some tidbits on why were so “negative”

Doesn’t explain your baseball negativity. At least you could admit you enjoy the attention your negativity brings you.

We have had 9 losing seasons since then or 36%..not quite 50% haha I get the point but that element was dramatic

What does that even mean in this context? Pretend everything has been sunshine and rainbows?

I am in the same age range. For context, my first full season watching was 2007. Think about that. It's been mostly downhill since. It's unrealistic to always just be optimistic, I agree. I cant stand people acting like it's unacceptable to be a human being and be a bit negative. But right now there's really not much to be that negative about yet. Maybe next week if we lose, but might as well chill atm.

Nope. You make a CHOICE to be negative.

This. I am younger, but the first season I remember was 2010. I have seen 4 winning seasons and 7 losing seasons. From my experience, younger Vol fans are overwhelmingly negative.

Reactions: Govolsman98
Doesn’t explain your baseball negativity. At least you could admit you enjoy the attention your negativity brings you.
I was negative about our chances to retain Vitello if LSU called. That’s about it. Go through my post history and show me where I was negative about basketball or baseball in any context other than the UCLA debacle and the LSU coaching search.

I was like that in middle and high school when the downhill slide began and it became exhausting. I can’t pull for anyone else, and I can’t walk away. I was just raised to be emotionally invested in UT. But I can’t just pretend we aren’t awful.
We aren’t awful though. Going into last year there was high expectations. No reason to be negative. This year we have a new HC who has had consistent top 10 and top 5 offenses and led a team to a 12-1 season in his first year. No reason to be negative. Past results have no bearing on future outcomes. Does that mean it happens immediately? No. But the only reason to be negative is bc you live in the past and are varying degrees of myopic. Like I said. It’s a dispositional thing. Plenty to look FORWARD to.

We have had 9 losing seasons since then or 36%..not quite 50% haha I get the point but that element was dramatic
Fair point. I just didn’t want to do the math tbh lol
I am in the same age range. For context, my first full season watching was 2007. Think about that. It's been mostly downhill since. It's unrealistic to always just be optimistic, I agree. I cant stand people acting like it's unacceptable to be a human being and be a bit negative. But right now there's really not much to be that negative about yet. Maybe next week if we lose, but might as well chill atm.
I haven’t been negative about this season. Just our overall outlook.
Nope. You make a CHOICE to be negative.
If I was positive about the last 15 years, I’d be being disingenuous to myself. I can’t help how I feel.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back