Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another positive I don’t think I’ve read: shout-out to Cade and Darnell for busting their butts in the off-season and getting their bodies transformed to be tackles. Did they miss an assignment and not pick up a blitz here or there? Yes. However, I thought they both looked pretty good and are WAY more athletic now. Considering that was Darnell’s 1st game at LT, I thought he did well. He will continue to improve. Cade straight up destroyed his guy in the run game all night. Carvin and Spraggins are nasty too.

Not sure why expectations were apparently so high for everyone.

Outside of two over thrown TDs, one, if not two, terrible drops by Hyatt, and untimely penalties this team scored 50+

If I’m being honest, the team executed better than I expected, although the mistakes and miscues were frustrating. BG is terrible so this probably isnt a good measuring stick.
They came out sharp in the 1st quarter which was really nice to see, and out of halftime they put it away. Again looked sharp and we haven’t see that in years.
Hopefully the guys make a big jump this next week and we take down Pitt. Going to need everyone to execute. If this offense gets stalled by penalties or drops/ over throws… the defense will be in a tough spot with our depth.

This is some sh** that is going to take a long long time to fix. Everything was just so off tonight. Fortunately Heupel has nothing but time because there is no where else for us to turn. He needs 5 years

I think UT is stuck in the CFB equivalent to the Curse of the Bambino (84 yr drought), although ours is called the Curse of the Pumpkin (aka Fulmer). The drought will end but probably not in my lifetime (and I’m 40). I’ve already embraced it so makes life as a VOLS fan so, so, so much easier. UT doesn’t care about championships, otherwise they would have already ponied up the $$$ for a coaching staff that could have gotten us one over the last decade. UT is a middle of the pack SEC East team at best. Will be that way for years to come, especially with expansion. Spend time with with the family, especially (grand) kiddos if you’ve got them and just laugh and shrug off the ineptness and mediocrity of UT and life will be much more enjoyable.

Not sure why expectations were apparently so high for everyone.

Outside of two over thrown TDs, one, if not two, terrible drops by Hyatt, and untimely penalties this team scored 50+

If I’m being honest, the team executed better than I expected, although the mistakes and miscues were frustrating. BG is terrible so this probably isnt a good measuring stick.
They came out sharp in the 1st quarter which was really nice to see, and out of halftime they put it away. Again looked sharp and we haven’t see that in years.
Hopefully the guys make a big jump this next week and we take down Pitt. Going to need everyone to execute. If this offense gets stalled by penalties or drops/ over throws… the defense will be in a tough spot with our depth.
Yup.

Reactions: seaofORANGE22
I think UT is stuck in the CFB equivalent to the Curse of the Bambino (84 yr drought), although ours is called the Curse of the Pumpkin (aka Fulmer). The drought will end but probably not in my lifetime (and I’m 40). I’ve already embraced it so makes life as a VOLS fan so, so, so much easier. UT doesn’t care about championships, otherwise they would have already ponied up the $$$ for a coaching staff that could have gotten us one over the last decade. UT is a middle of the pack SEC East team at best. Will be that way for years to come, especially with expansion. Spend time with with the family, especially (grand) kiddos if you’ve got them and just laugh and shrug off the ineptness and mediocrity of UT and life will be much more enjoyable.
Don’t tell me what to do old man.

Reactions: UTProf
Another positive I don’t think I’ve read: shout-out to Cade and Darnell for busting their butts in the off-season and getting their bodies transformed to be tackles. Did they miss an assignment and not pick up a blitz here or there? Yes. However, I thought they both looked pretty good and are WAY more athletic now. Considering that was Darnell’s 1st game at LT, I thought he did well. He will continue to improve. Cade straight up destroyed his guy in the run game all night. Carvin and Spraggins are nasty too.
Carvin (despite the late holding calls) played well I thought, he was destroying folks early...

It’s going to take time. 4-5 year rebuild to be competitive in the league. Pepper your angus.
I would say let's wait a little longer to judge how long. We need to see what this class looks like, but I do agree we need to be patient. I am hopeful we can be more competitive by year 3. I think Heupel needs five years, minimum, though.

Milton hits wide open dudes and Hyatt doesn't have a drop, we score 56 with a middle school playbook. Not that far off.
But Milton didn’t hit open guys and Hyatt did drop those passes. We also could’ve had 31 if Tillman didn’t make an insanely athletic catch

We definitely have to have better QB play to do it but not sure you can make that judgement since we just kind of coasted to victory in this one.
I’m not super down, I just believe there are some red flags with Milton. We’ll know a lot more next week because Pitt won’t let us run to win the game. We will have to pass the ball successfully. We beat Pitt if we can throw for 300+

Reactions: UTJoe
My biggest concerns with Milton is missing easy reads in the middle of the field, being 1.5 seconds late on his deep throws, and no touch on his deep ball.

I hope Heupel can help him with his reads because we our TEs were running freely a few times and were just missed.

I would say let's wait a little longer to judge how long. We need to see what this class looks like, but I do agree we need to be patient. I am hopeful we can be more competitive by year 3. I think Heupel needs five years, minimum, though.

I should have clarified. When I say 4-5 years I don’t mean it will take that long to win some big games. As time passes I also think we can progress into being a competitive team in year 3 and have a chance at beating teams like UF. I’m referring more to high level success like beating the top tier in the league. That will take longer, but there’s a chasm between us and them.

Milton is a just a more athletic JG at this point, hope he proves me wrong... Bailey would not have been able to run like he did, but he definitely would have gone through the progressions better and made more throws.

Don't know if our WR's are just meh, but I know a few were out... Did not impress with their inability to get separation and complete more passes against a below average secondary...

Our secondary is average AT BEST... or BG has some crazy good WR's.... worried about better teams...

Hopefully this was mostly just new players getting used to each other, timing, and learning... I hope we also played vanilla O so as not to give anyone game tape...

Reactions: Brillovol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back