Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had a problem with VA Tech. Their fans showed up and were gracious at the Battle at Bristol. They have generally good football traditionally and they support their team. They don't get out in front of their skis to much and will generally speak realistically about their program.

Yeah. Generally they aren't too bad.

Only thing that ever really bothered me, living my whole life in ETN(Tri-Cities), was the sudden onslaught of "fans" when they started performing well with Vick. Didn't recall ever seeing a VA Tech flag or tag prior to that and then they were everywhere. These days I think you see as many Alabubba tags as Hokie ones.

My person that use to be at all the practices talked about how much of a drama queen he was…. We have built up this legend of Evans like he was Herschel Walker or something but he wasn’t… he had talent and was good but not worth fretting about… if you take away the one game against the worst run defense I have ever seen(Missouri)…. Jabari Small averaged more ypc than him… Small laid it on the line when he probably shouldn’t have been on the field…That is the player we should be praising… not that flake Evans.
Lol k

My person that use to be at all the practices talked about how much of a drama queen he was…. We have built up this legend of Evans like he was Herschel Walker or something but he wasn’t… he had talent and was good but not worth fretting about… if you take away the one game against the worst run defense I have ever seen(Missouri)…. Jabari Small averaged more ypc than him… Small laid it on the line when he probably shouldn’t have been on the field…That is the player we should be praising… not that flake Evans.
Evans flashed in the same way that Javonta Payton flashed. With not much consistency. I agree that everyone, including myself, may be remembering his performances for better than they really were.

How did you notice he was a distraction? If you don’t think Tiyon was our best Rb last season, then you obviously have a drug problem
I watched the games? I noticed the sideline dynamics? Well that’s ramping up the stakes! 😅 I have a substance abuse problem if I don’t think he played ENOUGH to warrant hand wringing over his departure? You’re goofy. Resume fanboying.

Reactions: StoVol
Sounds like the offensive tempo gave some of the newcomers on defense some challenges today and it sounds like Tennessee's between snap speed has gotten faster in year two as you would expect.

Everyone notes that Hendon Hooker is playing well. Jeremy Banks did get him today on the pick. But feeling I get is that is was a better play by Banks than it was poor play by Hooker.

Bru McCoy didn't scrimmage as Austin noted. It should be noted that has nothing to do with his eligibility. There's no situation where McCoy would have to be pulled off the practice field like in the old clearinghouse days. I don't get the sense there's much worry about it. When it will be resolved is unknown. My guess is it will be in the next 10 days or so.

I don't think it's been a great 2-3 days for the receivers overall. They haven't been bad, but they have had some balls hit the ground that didn't happen the first few days of fall camp. They made some plays today but left a few out there as well with some drops.

As for left tackle, Austin has been saying it for several weeks both Crawford and Mincey will play early in the season and I agree 100%. No one is running away with the job.

At running back, Jabari Small just keeps plugging along making plays. Small is bigger and is having a really nice camp. Dylan Sampson is the other guy who keeps making some plays and generating buzz. Justin Williams-Thomas has been solid as well. He's continuing to get better. Dixon is trying to catch on to the offense. They will need several of them this fall.

On defense, the front is better off the edge. Tyler Baron is playing better and playing more. Young continues to make some plays. The two young ends Josephs and Pearce has shown their skillset. Josephs is probably ahead of Pearce because he's more polished coming from the HS program he played in. Vols are going to get some help from them. Next couple of weeks are big to push them to be ready.

They have more bodies in the defensive interior but Garner is looking for more plays out of them. Remember a year ago they were not very good in the early part of camp and really got better. They are better now than they were in camp a year ago and history says Garner's guys get better throughout the year.

In the secondary, competition is on. So we will see. Christian Charles may end up being the corner opposite of Burrell as Hadden continues to miss practice. I think they are pretty unsettled at corner and star as they try to sort things out.

Also appears like they got through the scrimmage injury free. Some bumps and bruises I'm sure, but doesn't seem like anything of any concerns.

- Hubbs

I watched the games? I noticed the sideline dynamics? Well that’s ramping up the stakes! 😅 I have a substance abuse problem if I don’t think he played ENOUGH to warrant hand wringing over his departure? You’re goofy. Resume fanboying.
Do you hear yourself? Spreading this nonsense when you have no idea if it’s true.. Saying he was a distraction because you watched the sidelines? You’re not well…

So close to hitting the lottery. I got 4 numbers + the Powerball. . . just one more number. . . sheesh. . . oh well, maybe next time. . .

😆 no. . . I got the Powerball only for $4.

Joke I played on my dad years ago, when the lottery first got to TN. Called him at work and told him we were so close to winning, got the PB and 4 #s. He called back a few minutes later saying we won like $50k with those numbers. I told him I threw the ticket away cause I thought you had to hit all numbers. He wanted me to find the garbage man and start digging, 😆

Donate it to Spyre you cheapskate. LOL

Do you hear yourself? Spreading this nonsense when you have no idea if it’s true.. Saying he was a distraction because you watched the sidelines? You’re not well…
I had conversations with 2 people that were giving first-hand accounts. 1 from practice. 1 from being around the players in social/housing setting. Both gave me the exact same information: he never bought into the team and he was lazy and had very little work ethic. He was/is talented. But he definitely gets romanticized by lots of UT fans. His major production came against our worst defenses and he fizzled against strong defenses. I do not think our offense would look any better than it will this year if he was still here. Some fan experts saw him do some things that would "pop" for them and they ran with it.

😭 I am so sorry. But what a wonderful story! Ours was Sugar. I just came home from work for the first time without her and was trying not to cry then I read this. Oh well…

Traffic jams in N Chattanooga and on the pellissippi on the return journey caused a late start but with some assistance from the local son-in-law LATE, we properly laid her to rest after midnight. I will for sure miss her.

We have had a lot of great family dogs down through the years but it took 60+ years for Cuppy to become MY first dog. I believe in the end the sum of my gratitude for having her will diminish any and every sense of loss, as I weigh the alternatives. New memories would have been great but I have so many in the bank.

Hope your adjustment goes well. Every relationship is so unique I will offer best wishes but no advice.

Come on now. Read between the lines. Our staff is so accommodating to players, so there was obviously something off. The staff didn't seem to care about his departure. Let's use some common sense.

Come on now. Read between the lines. Our staff is so accommodating to players, so there was obviously something off. The staff didn't seem to care about his departure. Let's use some common sense.
You don’t think they cared to lose our best back?? The guy didn’t go to class. He didn’t rip the team apart in the locker room. Have you all lost your minds today?

Did Hubbs not say like 12 hours ago that the Bru situation would most definitely NOT be solved in the next 10 days?

This was shared last night. LOL! Didn't say most definitely, but........

What’s the hold up with Bru? Is this going to bleed into the season like BYoung last year?
I don't think it will get resolved in the next 10-14 days.
-Hubbs

and today. LOL!

My guess is it will be in the next 10 days or so.

-Hubbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back