Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The beginning of the month started out so great with that string of commitments. Would love to have another string of commitments happen soon....

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Ratio of 3* players to 4&5* says we don’t. I am talking about blue chip players. Not just normal recruits.
I went to the effort of demonstrating pretty conclusively that after you get past the UGAs, Bamas, and OSUs of the world... the "ratio of 3* to 4&5*" players just doesn't predict success as well as you think it does. You just keep on with this cult like thinking that the recruiting sites are the authority on talent... when the facts say they aren't. Coaches are. Regardless of "stars" those who find and sign talent win.

Just one reminder from all that data I presented. Of the 5 SEC teams that finished ranked in 2021, two were Bama and UGA. The other 3 did NOT average a top 25 recruiting class in the previous 5 years.

Ill take our haul anyway, we will beat them in next 5 years.
I think Heupel's offense makes that possible, but for that to happen, we have to get significantly better on defense. Defense is my only real concern for this team. I think Heupel will continue to put together great offenses. But can the defense keep pace?

Nothing new for Nicholas, he prioritizes great players over anything and it’s worked out well for him being a relentless recruiter

That's why I question his coaching somewhat. Yes, he is a good coach, but with a roster like he has who wouldn't be . His wins because he gets the best high school players, and he gets the best players because he wins. It's a vicious cycle which, unfortunately :(, I don't see ending till he retires. In the fourth quarter he is sending in a second string that is still dominated by 4*s, while other schools are sending in 3-2*'s.

Reactions: VolNash17
Miami and A&M are menacing on the recruiting trail right now.

Two programs that understood that NIL was their HOV lane and wasted no time moving over and putting the pedal through the floor.

As long as they hurt Florida and keep weapons from Bama (and beastly defenders from UGA/Bama) then this is ok, for now. Miami in particular just has a big recruiting fiesta going on down there.

Whatever A&M is doing, Texas will do it twice as big. We have created a monster. When those two are in the same conference again the bitching, whining, and arms race will be endless. In this climate it will go super-nova and they will likely do what the Mississippi and Alabama schools have done in the past and turn one another in. It's going to be nasty.

So, we lost more than expected in baseball, but there is some smoke we may get the AAC player of the year- an OF from Cincinnati. We will always be good with TV at the helm.
I think the only real player we lost that was unexpected was the catcher we picked up through the portal. He signed an UDFA deal instead. Everyone else was somewhat expected.

I think the only real player we lost that was unexpected was the catcher we picked up through the portal. He signed an UDFA deal instead. Everyone else was somewhat expected.

Him and I don’t think Crawford was expected to be drafted in the first round. If he’s drafted in round 3, he probably comes to UT. Also, a committed player signed a deal after being drafted in a later round.

Him and I don’t think Crawford was expected to be drafted in the first round. If he’s drafted in round 3, he probably comes to UT. Also, a committed player signed a deal after being drafted in a later round.
Everyone knew Crawford was a possibility to get drafted, tho.

“NIL will change everything”

Ill never understand the dick measuring.

Florida is a sideways train wreck, and moved to top 15. If you want to freak out, freak out about that.

What this staff was able to do with NCAA investigation looming, NIL changes is nothing short of incredible.

So proud of them. We are going to finish top 10.

Ill never understand the dick measuring.

Florida is a sideways train wreck, and moved to top 15. If you want to freak out, freak out about that.

What this staff was able to do with NCAA investigation looming, NIL changes is nothing short of incredible.

So proud of them. We are going to finish top 10.
Florida is actually just behind us now on the 247 rankings. The WR commit today pushed them to 12. We're at 11.

As far as our current recruiting goes, there's only a few guys left on the board I feel any confidence at all on getting. There's also a few guys I think we can flip if the teams they are currently committed to struggle. Other than that, I think new targets will emerge as the high school season starts up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back