Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami and A&M are menacing on the recruiting trail right now.

Two programs that understood that NIL was their HOV lane and wasted no time moving over and putting the pedal through the floor.

As long as they hurt Florida and keep weapons from Bama (and beastly defenders from UGA/Bama) then this is ok, for now. Miami in particular just has a big recruiting fiesta going on down there.

Bud Elliott talking about CFB being cyclical and who he can see coming back: "Tennessee wants to be good. They've got the collective going. Tennessee is not screwing around"
It just feels different.
Before, it felt like they were using the Fan base's commitment to UT football. They made us cater to them and used a model that milked us for every penny they could. Hire a mediocre coach, get the fans excited, profit. Rinse. Repeat.

Now it feels like there is a real commitment to winning, a commitment to the fans and not from the fans. It seems like the entire administration is focused on bringing our flagship sport to elite levels.

Mark my words and check my stats. We'll be in the playoffs by '25.

It just feels different.
Before, it felt like they were using the Fan base's commitment to UT football. They made us cater to them and used a model that milked us for every penny they could. Hire a mediocre coach, get the fans excited, profit. Rinse. Repeat.

Now it feels like there is a real commitment to winning, a commitment to the fans and not from the fans. It seems like the entire administration is focused on bringing our flagship sport to elite levels.

Mark my words and check my stats. We'll be in the playoffs by '25.
Enki betting on the Vols???

Damn this is big

Miami and A&M are menacing on the recruiting trail right now.

Two programs that understood that NIL was their HOV lane and wasted no time moving over and putting the pedal through the floor.

As long as they hurt Florida and keep weapons from Bama (and beastly defenders from UGA/Bama) then this is ok, for now. Miami in particular just has a big recruiting fiesta going on down there.

A&M got a 5 star yesterday. 24/7 currently has them ranked 55th with 6 commitments. One 5 star, four 4 stars and one 3 star (a punter). We're ranked 11th by 24/7 right now. Anyone want to give odds on who gets ranked higher in the 2023 class, us or A&M? That oil money is showing up.

Problem is HS football players are now thinking of college football as their first opportunity to cash in. You can't blame them for taking the money.

I'm wondering if once the two super conferences form up and declare their independence from NCAA rules, the caps on numbers of recruits and players on a team will be eliminated. The end of the Johnny Majors rule. If that happens do the big money schools just load up and then pick the best players from the ones that sign after you've got them in fall practice and then tell the rest they can transfer. You could be sure you know what you're getting. It will really lock teams that don't have the cash into 2nd tier.

A&M got a 5 star yesterday. 24/7 currently has them ranked 55th with 6 commitments. One 5 star, four 4 stars and one 3 star (a punter). We're ranked 11th by 24/7 right now. Anyone want to give odds on who gets ranked higher in the 2023 class, us or A&M? That oil money is showing up.

Problem is HS football players are now thinking of college football as their first opportunity to cash in. You can't blame them for taking the money.

I'm wondering if once the two super conferences form up and declare their independence from NCAA rules, the caps on numbers of recruits and players on a team will be eliminated. The end of the Johnny Majors rule. If that happens do the big money schools just load up and then pick the best players from the ones that sign after you've got them in fall practice and then tell the rest they can transfer. You could be sure you know what you're getting. It will really lock teams that don't have the cash into 2nd tier.
Speaking of the Aggies… just landed a Top 70 overall player. defensive lineman

Ratio of 3* players to 4&5* says we don’t. I am talking about blue chip players. Not just normal recruits.

Well check this out for the last three years.... compliments of ON3

• TOTAL
    2020-2022
    DRAFTED 776

• 5-STARS

DRAFTED 61 out of 101

4-STARS

DRAFTED 264 out of 1244

3-STARS

DRAFTED 359 of 5610

2-STARS

DRAFTED 92 out of 2180

SO 450 2 and 3 star guys passed those valuable 4 stars

Neither category is validated by this data. Counting all the guys with a pulse as 3 stars to skew the data does not work when nearly 1000 4 star winners get passed by the lower star groups.

Talented 4 stars and talented 3 stars and talented 2 stars are the real target and get drafted.

Last edited:
Any Raleigh/Durham folks here?

Headed there for a concert tomorrow, but have all of today to spend there. Right beside the NC State campus, but will probably head in to downtown (if that's where things happen). Looking for an activity or two, not just food. And no shopping, we don't do that on vaca.

What's good in Raleigh?

Grew up in Raleigh. If you’re looking for a bar type scene then Glenwood Ave near NC State has the most bars and restaurants around that area. That’s probably the most active street. Downtown was and most likely still is a bit underwhelming honestly. Been a minute since I’ve been back though so stuff could have changed.

Reactions: Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back