Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 453971
So everyone, asking for some prayers please. Our daughter has Metopic craniosynostosis. It is the ridge in the front of her forehead. The skull fused too fast in the womb and will cause complications with brain growth if unfixed. The surgery will last about 6 hours. They’re gonna cut ear to ear and restructure her skull. They said it’s basically carpentry for the skull. She’s gonna look pretty bad initially from the swelling but it will go away in a few days. This surgery will prevent pressure from her brain and allow normal growth in the frontal lobes. It’s 99% successful. We are both comfortable with it as we can be after discussing it with the doctor at Vandy. We will stay in the ICU for 4-5 days. I’ll definitely keep you guys posted with any updates. Y’all guys are awesome man. Much love to all! GBO
You got ‘em - and hugs, too. She’s beautiful!

Ah ok. So yeah. Ghost tour, distillery. Prohibition for lunch. Columbia for dinner (make reservations). There are plenty of bars all around. White lion, No Name are two on the north end. Plenty of rooftop types within old town with live music. Pirate museum is raw. You used to be able to buy medieval weapons... Idk if that store is still there, it was in the middle of old town.

If anyone tells you about a British pub on the other side of the bridge of lions, don't do it. It's not a British pub at all. It does have karaoke and glow in the dark stuff and there's a guy that sells beer horns and kilts that runs around over there. Odd place.
Interesting. Didn't know The Columbia had spread so far from Tampa.

Isn't it one of the oldest cities in the US? My sister loved it and I would think that there is a lot of history there.
I enjoy history, to a degree. If I feel an emotional connection to a place. Then, I may purchase a book on local history. Makes you feel closer.

St Augustine may be such for some. Again, not my cuppa tea. Then again the beach is the beach.

View attachment 454122

Not a cottonmouth, but a big ‘ole copperhead I killed in Perryville, Tn
This is a Northern cottonmouth (Agkistrodon piscivorus). Note the pixelated "herseys kiss" pattern that is smooth on a copperhead. Cottonmouths actually do have a pattern, it just usually fades or gets stained by mud and tannins as they age.

I enjoy history, to a degree. If I feel an emotional connection to a place. Then, I may purchase a book on local history. Makes you feel closer.

St Augustine may be such for some. Again, not my cuppa tea. Then again the beach is the beach.
Actually...

Anyone been to Jekyll Isl GA recently? I remember going there 30 years ago, and the beach was covered in mud. It was a surprise at the time b/c I'd been there before and it had been sand.

Anyone else deal with the stomach bug from hell recently?
Yah. Whole house went down with it.

hqdefault.jpg

This is a Northern cottonmouth (Agkistrodon piscivorus). Note the pixelated "herseys kiss" pattern that is smooth on a copperhead. Cottonmouths actually do have a pattern, it just usually fades or gets stained by mud and tannins as they age.

I sprayed him with "Raid." He was so pissed and started striking the shovel. :( Not very smart on my part.................

Anyone else deal with the stomach bug from hell recently?

About two months ago. Thought I caught food poisoning from Panda Express....
...Until my girlfriend got it 36 hours later. She did not eat any Panda.

Both of us just wished for a quick death. Was bad for about 24 hours and then took 3 or 4 more days to get our strength back.

God be with you. Because you should make sure no-one else is close enough to pass it to.

I sprayed him with "Raid." He was so pissed and started striking the shovel. :( Not very smart on my part.................
Most people don't believe this until they try it. Spray with a water hose. They don't like the cold water or the feeling and will flee. They won't get mad and attack you, they don't work like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back