Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel halfway dumb/halfway mind blown at the moment. TNF did a brief piece on Gerald Riggs, who won a ring with the Redskins in 92.

I grew up a Redskins fan, mainly because my dad was a Redskins fan, and I guess because I grew up in No.VA near DC. We went to the Super Bowl parade in 83 but I don’t really remember it, we also went in 88 and I vividly remember skipping school and sitting on my dads shoulders for the parade. I think I was a freshman in high school for the 92 super bowl so I don’t remember much about that team, I was playing U16 soccer for VA and trying to wrestle as a 105 lb freshman and don’t remember much else about that time except the girls my age liking older guys lol.

About the same time is when I became a UT fan. Both sides of my family are from Tennessee, since before they started keeping records. Mom’s side from Jackson area (Trenton) and dads side were tobacco farmers from Cocke Co. (Del Rio).

I started college at Lee in Cleveland and quickly realized that wasn’t the place for me, stayed with family in Newport and transferred to UT in the fall of 97. Needless to say I’ve had some really good times on the Hill, and since, some not so great times.

Between the whiskey and the glaucoma medicine tonight, it took all that to say that I literally just now put together that the Gerald Riggs from the Super Bowl winning Redskins to our Gerald Riggs Jr (pretty damn good RB for us) were father/son. Legit never put that together.

Now I don’t really care about NFL, I’d say my NFL fandom goes about like this:
1a. Watch for UT alum
1b. Carolina Panthers (I moved here to Charlotte the same year the panthers started)
2a. Washington Redskins/WFT
2b. Anyone who plays the cowboys
3. Titans
4. And this is new, but Saints because so many former UT players are there.

TL;DR: GBO

Last edited:
I relate to that. I’m the same with drinking, hardly ever drink due to the fact that my uncle (who I was closest to) died of cirrhosis of the liver. You’re right it does change your perspective.

I find it funny how I get some **** on here cause I’m open about smoking marijuana, but it’s confuses the hell out of me because at least I’m doing something that won’t kill me or give me lasting side effects. I’ve smoked for 15+ years and haven’t had a single issue with my lungs.

Also, I was kidding as well, I don’t smoke anything nicotine.
I smoked last night with some buddies. Don’t have a problem with it. But the research is pretty sparse. We don’t really know what the potential long term effects of smoking hold. Vaping either. I predominantly vape whenever I do INHALE. 😮‍💨

Hey, y'all...hope no one has killed anyone else since last Saturday! I've been on a roller coaster with my hubby. After Labor Day trying unsuccessfully to quit drinking, he used a vacation day for Tuesday then missed Wednesday, too. Wednesday night he prayed for salvation. Went to work Thursday. They fired him Friday because he sent a message instead of calling. He has done it before so they were just tired of the missing. So he had to drink Friday after a struggle. He called someone Monday and had an interview Tuesday and starts Monday. They are working so much OT he won't have time to drink. God has put the ball in his court. I would appreciate prayers for both of us. I am exhausted. I don't even like roller coasters. @nicksjuzunk could you give me the website again please? He may be ready to listen now.

Love you all! Can't even think about football right now though.
Praying for you and your family. Psalm 46:1

Hey, y'all...hope no one has killed anyone else since last Saturday! I've been on a roller coaster with my hubby. After Labor Day trying unsuccessfully to quit drinking, he used a vacation day for Tuesday then missed Wednesday, too. Wednesday night he prayed for salvation. Went to work Thursday. They fired him Friday because he sent a message instead of calling. He has done it before so they were just tired of the missing. So he had to drink Friday after a struggle. He called someone Monday and had an interview Tuesday and starts Monday. They are working so much OT he won't have time to drink. God has put the ball in his court. I would appreciate prayers for both of us. I am exhausted. I don't even like roller coasters. @nicksjuzunk could you give me the website again please? He may be ready to listen now.

Love you all! Can't even think about football right now though.
Praying for you Soda!

Let’s go out and crush TT this weekend and get healthy. Then pray Bama unleashes hell on Florida and they limp into our game bruised and down. Then we come out on fire and shock the world in the Swamp. All the doom and gloom will be gone and happiness will be abundant. I’m ready for it.

Playing TN after you fought the End Boss is like starting the game over in easy mode. We will look like a walk in the park after they square off with bama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back