Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, who are y’all taking at QB between these two options? (Based on HS senior year stats)

QB1 - 1317 passing yards, 50%, 10 TD’s to 6 Int’s. 262 rushing yards and 5 TD’s.

QB2 - 771 passing yards, 60%, 6 TD’s to 3 Int’s. 512 rushing yards and 12 TD’s. 226 receiving yards and 2 TD’s

I am taking QB2 - i want a dual-threat QB.

Reactions: JCP201 and SoilVol
Yep - technique, or lack thereof. I remember him just allowing the receiver the inside of the field without contesting it with his hips turned toward the sideline. He looked so awkward. That's our best CB in his 4th season? A safety who is really a receiver who is still playing CB? That's the best we can do? Nah. We can and have to do better recruiting and development than this. If he has to play D because of the lack of talent, he needs to play the safety type position. He's good moving forward and the extra space off the LOS would give him time to get his body in the right spot.
Don’t think you can blame his lack of development on this staff. His lack of development is directly attributed to the Dd guru. Suffice to say we need improvement in the defensive backfield across the board as well as a pass rush that doesn’t allow a qb to survey the field for 5 secs.

Mighty Milton
Hooker Who?
Anybody but Bailey

People have drawn lines and dug into absolutes. We have three QBs with different skillsets, all have things to work on and none are where we need them to be. They all have good days, okay days and bad days in practice, and they're all works in progress.

This narrative that Milton has dazzled in practice while Bailey is awful and Hooker is meh-- I haven't talked to anybody around the program or who watches practice who says that. Not sure why people are so invested in building one guy up, tearing another guy down and ignoring or discounting the capabilities of the third, when all three bring something to the table. The coaches are developing all of them, all are competing, nobody has a bad attitude and everybody wants to contribute and win. We may need all three of them, so I'm rooting for all of them-- and hope they all get better fast.

My thought process is Hooker looked good, but hasn't gotten a start to run with 1s when both teams are still fresh.

Milton has had 2 starts and in both he almost looks too amped up, is he forcing it I don't know. I do know that if you got a guy that needs to settle down, sometimes it's easier to do that on the bench than in the game.

If the coaches feel that way, now is the time. They can say Joe is still injured and save face.
Agreed, but I still believe they want to play Milton in SEC games and they feel he gives us the best chance to win.

I would be surprised if they give up 2 games in.

I think they will use Tech game to build his confidence and see if he can put it together in time for SEC play.

Agreed, but I still believe they want to play Milton in SEC games and they feel he gives us the best chance to win.

I would be surprised if they give up 2 games in.

I think they will use Tech game to build his confidence and see if he can put it together in time for SEC play.
He needs to dominate and give Florida something to worry about. No need to double team or keep a safety back if he can't hit the throws. They will sit on the short routes all day.

Reactions: sneakergawd
Don't be surprised if Hooker gets the start.
I thought they already released the depth chart and said Milton was still QB1. Unless his injury is worse? I get that you don't want to put too much info out there, but I don't think we stand to benefit from some good old fashioned gamesmanship against Tennessee Tech.

I thought they already released the depth chart and said Milton was still QB1. Unless his injury is worse? I get that you don't want to put too much info out there, but I don't think we stand to benefit from some good old fashioned gamesmanship against Tennessee Tech.

Our depth charts have had Byron Young on them since the beginning and he hasn't even dressed for a game yet.

(they don't mean anything and are basically useless)

Reactions: JacketVol
Mighty Milton
Hooker Who?
Anybody but Bailey

People have drawn lines and dug into absolutes. We have three QBs with different skillsets, all have things to work on and none are where we need them to be. They all have good days, okay days and bad days in practice, and they're all works in progress.

This narrative that Milton has dazzled in practice while Bailey is awful and Hooker is meh-- I haven't talked to anybody around the program or who watches practice who says that. Not sure why people are so invested in building one guy up, tearing another guy down and ignoring or discounting the capabilities of the third, when all three bring something to the table. The coaches are developing all of them, all are competing, nobody has a bad attitude and everybody wants to contribute and win. We may need all three of them, so I'm rooting for all of them-- and hope they all get better fast.

Agree, wonder if Heupel has considered the Spurrier approach of rotating QBs from play to play. With this bunch it might actually work ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back