Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of hypothetical "Strong Auburn should help Tennessee" but when has that been true? When did we directly benefit from Auburn being good? They didn't help us get to Atlanta in 2007. They beat us twice in 2004 when we went to Atlanta. They didn't have anything to do with us going to Atlanta in 2001. They didn't help or hurt us in 1998. We had to beat a "strong Auburn" in 1997 to win the SEC.

In reality, I can think of many, many occasions that they have beat us for recruits that we need.

They have directly and indirectly done more damage to Tennessee since 2000 than we have directly or indirectly benefited from a "strong Auburn." A weak Tennessee has benefited Auburn far more than a strong Auburn would ever benefit Tennessee.

So I'll ask again, when have we directly benefited from a strong Auburn?

Us and Auburn being on top would be the possible situation I can think of. LSU 3rd.

Keep Bama, uga, uf down.

Btw how pissed must Beamer be their cross divisional team is outcheating everyone 😅😍😂

I foresee a lot of future TAMU games looking like
1640180577913.gif

Even if there isn't a morals clause in his contract (incredibly doubtful), or his morals clause doesn't mention stuff like this, they could still get him for a violation of university policy. "You must follow university rules" clauses are boilerplate too and I'm sure having an affair with a subordinate is forbidden under those rules.

If they're looking for an out, there will be multiple clauses to initiate whatever they want to initiate. Few schools agree to strike a morals clause-- or similar protections-- these days.

Just based on how they have run things in the past….. plus they employ Bruce Pearl….. do you not remember Pearl’s co-Ed yacht excursions while he was here at Tennessee?
I was playing off the fact you said, "he sucked while having an affair." You know mind in the gutter, etc, and so forth. 😜

The enemy of our enemies (Bama and UGA) is our friend, which makes Auburn (enemies: Bama and UGA) as much of a friend as one can have in the SEC, where we just hate more.

But it's always nice to have the dumpster fire burning on someone else's campus.

Logically, I want a strong Auburn.

Emotionally, I want them burned to the ground because the only teams I hate more are Florida and Bama.

I see a lot of hypothetical "Strong Auburn should help Tennessee" but when has that been true? When did we directly benefit from Auburn being good? They didn't help us get to Atlanta in 2007. They beat us twice in 2004 when we went to Atlanta. They didn't have anything to do with us going to Atlanta in 2001. They didn't help or hurt us in 1998. We had to beat a "strong Auburn" in 1997 to win the SEC.

In reality, I can think of many, many occasions that they have beat us for recruits that we need.

They have directly and indirectly done more damage to Tennessee since 2000 than we have directly or indirectly benefited from a "strong Auburn." A weak Tennessee has benefited Auburn far more than a strong Auburn would ever benefit Tennessee.

You're talking when Alabama was down though. And those were good times.

If, hypothetically, it is an Auburn OR Bama situation. In reality, of course it isn't that simple, but to a degree it is.

Just a minor quibble: we don’t go to Atlanta without Auburn beating Florida in 2007.

And they should be rightfully flamed by everyone in the media like we are. Yet they won’t.
Being relevant in the not too distant past does wonders for your PR. It's also why Florida doesn't really get picked on.

Tennessee is similarly inept at the admin level but, in contrast, we haven't had a nationally relevant football team in over 15-20 years. When you are chaotic as an organization and you're terrible on the field over an extended period of time, you're an easy target.

I see Auburn has some type of love triangle going on that may help us in getting some of their players. With that being said if we have no current places to offer on the team what do we do. I know the easy answer is cut some loose but if you build a program that is about a culture of family that doesn't look good from the inside out.

We all want the best players as fans but the ones getting cut loose were team mates to those who stay. Ego's and Team dynamics are fickle things that sometimes need not be toyed with when the long game is what you are playing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back