Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean outside the US of A it's the largest sport in the world, so you're definitely in the minority on that.

Yeah long delays suck, but I think stopping the clock just drags out things more. At least with adding time you know it amps up the intensity a bit.

Maybe minority globally but definitely in the majority in the US.

If ya love it, more power to ya. I've just never had any interest. It was always looked down on when I was a kid so I never had any desire to play it. I'm guessing if the top athletes in US played soccer, like they do in pretty much the whole rest of the world, then things would be different. It does seem that the popularity here has increased in recent years though.

According to an article that Swain just quoted that from the 2019-2020 season that 47% of transfer portal kids from P5 schools did not land at another P5 program. Also quoted an assistant coach said every school is tampering. Only way to survive.
"All this professional crap is great for these poor kids that get took advantage of by these rich universities"

Idiots on VN probably...

It's great for a the few at the top, and not so much for most others.

I find people who don't enjoy soccer genuinely don't understand the game. If more Americans understood the strategy of soccer, it would outperform any other sport in terms of attendance besides football.
I understand soccer...and I absolutely hate watching it.

36749a.jpg
I love the one of Jeff Powell in the Sugar Bowl..it is one of my faves, if not #1.

I’m a Steelers fan and planning to go to the Pitt game this year….. I will try to sit near you. LOL
Got an AF buddy in Pittsburgh. He’s more a PSU fan but I’m considering meeting up in his burg for the game if he’s physically able (lot of recent medical issues). He visited me many years back after my wife passed and I owe him.

Price said on the pod today that we’re gonna make North Carolina more of a priority. Helps that we just got Billy High from UNC, but that Jerry Mack has been making inroads and that Mike Eckeler knows the area from past stops as well.

Should also help that UNC had a down year and might not be becoming the ACC power some thought.

We used to pick the Carolinas apart. They were every bit as important as N. GA but for some reason we moved away from them. It was well before Clemson got any good so I'm not exactly sure why we stopped giving them as much attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back