Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it but Florida put together one heck of a defensive staff. Adding Sean Spencer as DL coach to with Raymond DBs, Peterson LBs and Toney DC. Good thing though is defense never really been their problem over years until this year. His offensive staff has good recruiters but coaching X and Os part is lacking.

Reactions: VolNash17
We need for some of our younger OL to develop. Guys like Akpo, Robinson, Parker, and Perry need to get markedly better to help our depth issues on the OL. I wanna say we're currently carrying like 18 scholarship OL, and supposedly looking at one more to shore up the tackle position. It's one position I could easily see some guys hit the portal if they can't contribute.

I'm not the biggest NBA fan, but having day NBA games is kinda cool. I know it's because of the playoff football tonight, but this should be a thing going forward. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

We need for some of our younger OL to develop. Guys like Akpo, Robinson, Parker, and Perry need to get markedly better to help our depth issues on the OL. I wanna say we're currently carrying like 18 scholarship OL, and supposedly looking at one more to shore up the tackle position. It's one position I could easily see some guys hit the portal if they can't contribute.
I think we are going to see players step up from last season to fill some of these depth holes at several positions.

I know he's still on the team, but whatever happened with Tyus Fields? He was a 4*CB coming out of HS, but I don't remember him playing at all. Has he been injured? Does he play Special Teams?
I just don’t think he is good enough….. undersized and not athletically gifted to make up for it….. I hope I’m wrong and he makes more of a contribution this year.

Reactions: GritNGrind1906
It's all about the ratings. If the ratings are good enough, they will do it. I would not mind seeing more daytime events, either.
Baseball does it throughout the week q good bit and I love it. Makes things easier on us who have to go to bed early and get up early. Also gives me something to watch so I'm not just channel surfing.

Reactions: drvenner
Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'
— "Conquering Self-Centeredness" sermon, 1957

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.
— "I Have A Dream" speech, 1963

Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.

If guys can't contribute, then I'm sorry to say I think the staff needs to push them to the portal to make room for players that can. Or find a way to give them a medical exemption so they can stay on scholarship but not count against the numbers.

Dang Weezer, you are starting to sound like a broken record. Quit worrying so much. Your posts are beginning to be very catbonesque, or others that just can’t quit beating the same dead horse… you are a much better poster than that…

The portal may not be the answer to all your prayers (or angst).

These coaches developed some players in a short time into phenomenal players. IE Theo Jackson. Maybe, just maybe they can do it with the younger players too…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back