Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So…. It’s not ok if I’m ok with you having a different opinion?
Are you miffed this morning about a game we didn’t play in and likely won’t again in my lifetime?
Not sure I understand your frustration but I’m also fine with leaving it at “whatever “
I hate pretty much everything right now.

any shot here?
oh I’m not sure man. He’s was def their best OL but I’m not sure where he would fit in. Think he’s probably better at Guard than Tackle from what I remember. I feel like the portal stuff has been kept on the low on UTs end. We have no idea who they’re contacting.

They've opened Pandora's Box. Schools can try to control some variables contractually-- and they are-- but really, how and who enforces it? And then there's accountability. What if a player is contracted to do a scheduled event and they have class or the coach calls practice or a team meeting? Schools want to be hands-off and coaches don't want to work around player deals. Teenage SAs aren't businesspeople, and their days are already full with school and sports. If it becomes de facto gifting, it's really just putting a wildly inflated price tag on yesterday's closet strategy. The only schools that want that are the ones prepared to capitalize on it.

And yes, it can be a setup for friction. The get-nothings are going to feel unappreciated, the get-a-littles aren't going to be happy with that for long and the get-mores will want more and more and more-- and threaten to portal if they don't get what they think they can get elsewhere. Not only are schools having to recruit new players, they're having to continually rerecruit existing players and invest a lot of time and money in keeping players monetarily content and teams cohesive. We're already seeing it.

It's difficult to contract, difficult to enforce, difficult to manage and difficult to maintain. It'll have to evolve-- and it will.
That is why having a program made up of talented (maybe not the elitely ranked coming in, yet still talented) kids that are motivated by other things than pure greed and selfishness is the way to go.

I hope it works for us, but one thing good about that strategy is that even if they can't win really big...it will be teams that are easy to pull for.

You would just hope that we could compete for titles...otherwise we are just playing exhibition football.

I’m struggling with this too. I see on my espn ticker we are up by 20, but this thread makes me think I’m being lied to by my app.
You see the problem is that we miss shots and other teams don't ever miss shots. So we are a bad team, despite our winning. #BlueFont

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back