Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized Jimmy Hyams and Jeff Brohm are going to be in the same space this week. Imagine Gumbo’s bewilderment.
Jimmy be like

shocked-surprised.gif

Other than Verse, I haven't even heard any other names we are pursuing from the portal. People keep saying "Wait til after the bowl games. Better names will hit the portal." I'm not sure how they're so certain that will happen, but I'm hoping they are right.
There will be and there will also be more after spring practices.

How about the WR from Wyoming? That’s another we’ve heard.

Reactions: Orange.
I agree that he did not want to bring in coordinators from outside of his circle of trust and he was reluctant to let go some guys who should have been let go sooner. I do not agree with the part about him betraying Coach Majors. Not going to get into a protracted debate, as it was an ugly situation with Majors. I can almost guarantee that Fulmer was not the only culprit.
Fulmer isn’t to blame for majors.. King Johnny was fired because of donor function at the damn. He got some liquid courage and told everyone how he felt about his contract.

That plus Fulmer being a hot commodity in the coaching realm at that time is what did Johnny in.

Fulmer isn’t to blame for majors.. King Johnny was fired because of donor function at the damn. He got some liquid courage and told everyone how he felt about his contract.

That plus Fulmer being a hot commodity in the coaching realm at that time is what did Johnny in.

Yep. Johnny blew Johnny up, but would never admit it. That’s where the Drunk Johnny moniker came from. His mouth would get to going along with other stuff. Buh-bye happened. I just hate the way it went down, not that it went down.

I mean the squad got basically all the extra practice from the bowl preparation.

I definitely want to watch them play another game and really hope Tillman can get over 1k yards this year. But I think the momentum is built going into next year regardless of this specific game/matchup. Even at full strength not sure Purdue was going to be a resume building win.

I don’t get it, McGill. You have some weird hang up to one of our own.
To start with I loved Johnny Majors and as frustrated as he made sometimes, I also saw the steady and methodical progress from the abyss of the 70s to several great teams that were just a few plays away. I didn't like how it happened and considering the circumstances I didn't think it needful...but Phil did what he did, and the Admin did what they did and the rest is history.

When he lost to Tiger High with THAT team was when I really started to doubt him, and then the steady fall into mediocrity was infuriating to me.

Anyways...I was never a Phil fan to start with unlike so many others, so maybe you understand me better now.

To start with I loved Johnny Majors and as frustrated as he made sometimes, I also saw the steady and methodical progress from the abyss of the 70s to several great teams that were just a few plays away. I didn't like how it happened and considering the circumstances I didn't think it needful...but Phil did what he did, and the Admin did what they did and the rest is history.

When he lost to Tiger High with THAT team was when I really started to doubt him, and then the steady fall into mediocrity was infuriating to me.

Anyways...I was never a Phil fan to start with unlike so many others, so maybe you understand me better now.
I mean, Phil did win a National Championship. You can think he stabbed Majors in the back all you want, but you can't take that title away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back