Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which wing place does Warren have a deal with? He has his own sauce
Craven Wings. I think Terry Fair is involved with it to. Not sure if he's in the ownership group but he's always promoting them.

Last edited:
Reactions: ACvol3
Disagree to an extent. A lot of these kids recognize what a lottery the NFL can be for them. They can make a lot more in the NFL than they ever will in college.

Here's the pitch: Even at Alabama - a team full of 5* only a small group are going to get drafted and they are already starting. Now you can work your ass off and struggle at x school and make less money as you risk your body with injuries or I can give you 100k a year to sit around and go to parties. And if you stick around til you're a senior you might get to play and playing here for a year is more likely to get you drafted than playing elsewhere all four years. Plus you're gonna have less mileage on you if you make the NFL. Sooo...wanna work your ass off, break your body and lose to me at school x or wanna relax, have fun, get paid and maybe play in 4?

And they'll tell it to each one of them with no intention of guaranteed playing time. There are a lot of players at the collegiate level that are absolute beasts and who can change the fortunes of college teams but who have zero pro prospects. Those are the guys they're going to try and keep off other people's teams by sitting them and dangling them along with wine, women, and song until it's too late.

Remember the seedy underside of this is seedy af. E.g. Pruitt got a kid to take the fall for a teammate shooting him, never visited him in the hospital and then told him to take a hike. Butch, well the things he's accused of I don't even want to get into. Let's leave it at seedy.

I do it off and on, and usually do once every other month. It may be more expensive than it was, but the way I looked at it was that I was going to buy meat anyway (to supplement the wild game I eat), and I knew the meat was sourced from quality farms.

Also, its good meat and fun to get cuts I'm not accustomed to and try out.
I would too if I could afford it. I can just get so much more for that money at local places.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
If you like to see the same teams at the top, it'll be perfect for you. Enjoy Bama, GA, TAMU and the others at the top. TN will never contend again.

Sure UGA is loaded but remind me again what they have won? TAMU as well. They havent won a title in about 80 yrs and never even won their divison in the SEC. How are they contending? They have Jimbo which means they'll still go 8-4 with Final 4 talent. Bama is the only one really worth the mention from what you named.

I think NIL brings us closer to contending again
Bryce Young got 7 figures before he was even a starter. We'll be lucky to get 7 figures for our total NIL. Where's the money going to come from? Everyone mentions Pilot. Big jim is in his 90's and isn't in his best health. Jimmy has zero interest in Vol athletics and hasn't contributed in a bit. Charlie Ergen has no interest in Vol athletics. We don't have the money other programs do.

If you like to see the same teams at the top, it'll be perfect for you. Enjoy Bama, GA, TAMU and the others at the top. TN will never contend again.

Those teams were gonna continue to pay players under the table if NIL didn’t exist. So the same could be said before the change.

Sure UGA is loaded but remind me again what they have won? TAMU as well. They havent won a title in about 80 yrs and never even won their divison in the SEC. How are they contending? They have Jimbo which means they'll still go 8-4 with Final 4 talent. Bama is the only one really worth of that mention from what you named.
We're not talking about results on the field, we're talking about recruiting. Players are not going to choose programs based on success on the field. TN "Here's $100K in NIL. Come be a Vol" Georgia:"Here's $500K, come be a dog." Not really a hard choice. Obviously, the teams with the best players are going to be the better teams.

Also, keep in mind that this NIL stuff is brand new. GA, AL, TAMU have been paying players under the table for years. Now the cloak has been removed. All it does is allow them to pay more. It's going to be a bidding war. We're seeing it now. It's the NFL without a salary cap.

It may take a while, but the NIL thing will reach equilibrium at some point. Eventually there will be enough Ewers situations that the boosters will realize that there really aren’t that many kids worth spending big on.*

*Except Bama. That state would bankrupt itself if it meant winning one more game.

Last edited:
It may take a while, but the NIL thing will reach equilibrium at some point. Eventually there will enough Ewers situations that the boosters will realize that really aren’t that many kids worth spending big on.*

*Except Bama. That state would bankrupt itself if it meant winning one more game.
I believe it will stabilize over time but I do believe that the recruiting rankings will correlate to NIL dollars.

WTH? Jakob Johnson is a FB ???
No lie. Earlier in the season on one of the prime time (SNF or MNF) games the Pats played in they were talking about him. The color guy talked about Belichick said Johnson is one of the most improved and best offensive players he's ever coached. The other announcer laughed and asked if Belichick remembered he coached Brady🤣🤣🤣.

I got to meet and have dinner with Johnson while he was here. He was a really cool dude. Glad he has made a living playing football.

Last edited:
I remember being excited when we got Mojo, but I guess he just didn't have a place in this defense?

I believe that was part of Pruitt’s problem in recruiting. Took too many “athletes” that didn’t have a natural position. Either not big enough or fast enough to be high caliber players in SEC.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I believe it will stabilize over time but I do believe that the recruiting rankings will correlate to NIL dollars.

I’m a bit more optimistic that it will settle back in to “normal” at some point. But are we talking 5 years or 20? That’s my concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back