Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he feels he's done all he's going to do in State College. A Big 10 title and a Rose Bowl is as good as it's going to get. He's trying to stay ahead of his firing, as Butch Jones tried (and failed) to do after 2016. Franklin would've been our coach had it not been for the NCAA cloud, in my opinion. Funny how things work out.
So at least one good thing came out of that mess, no Franklin. Thank goodness.

Hi VN,

So this weekend, I got to see my son. He is showing improvement! He finally graduated from high school. Part of the program is that he has to get a reasonable job and learn to live a substance free life. He started his job at a meat packing plant today. If everything goes well, he will start college either Spring or Summer semester. I truly pray that he is back on the right track. He seemed like his old self this weekend.
Thank you very much for all of your prayers!
VolNation is truly a special place with phenomenal people!
Great news, more prayers sent!

Screws us on portal compensation if true. Must’ve gone personal.
Or he wants to get a head start to talking to schools . I swear fans only see it from a fans side. Imagine sitting the bench all year when you put in hours of conditioning and practice time. And further into the season you realize that you are never going to play. That’s hard on any athlete/young adult. Sorry, it doesn’t fit everyone else’s time frame.

Last edited:
Or he wants to get a head start to talking to schools . I swear fans only see it from a fans side. Imagine sitting the bench all year when you put in hours of conditioning and practice time. Then realize once the season starts that you are never going to play. That’s hard on any athlete/young adult. Sorry, it doesn’t fit everyone else’s time frame.
I don’t get the “head start” thing…fan or no. I don’t need to “imagine” anything…I’ve NOTICED. He’s “put in” this much time already and there’s no shortage of interest in him from other schools. We’ve become sycophants to this portal process. Like the last train out is next week…not 4 games. There hasn’t been one game cancelled due to Covid. So November 27! They shuttin down the phones a month before Christmas?

Reactions: OrangenSC
I don’t get the “head start” thing…fan or no. I don’t need to “imagine” anything…I’ve NOTICED. He’s “put in” this much time already and there’s no shortage of interest in him from other schools. We’ve become sycophants to this portal process. Like the last train out is next week…not 4 games. There hasn’t been one game cancelled due to Covid. So November 27! They shuttin down the phones a month before Christmas?
Not sure why you brought up numerous points. Portal, Covid, phone calls. Lol. You crazy Butchna. Haha. But I get the portal is too easy of an out and I hope they convince him to stay until the season ends. I sure as heck don’t want to see Milton again. But I understand his perspective that he isn’t playing, he isn’t going to play, and he has to continue to work hard every week for no reward. That’s hard on anyone. Especially when the person you are behind is Joe run outta bounds Milton.

Same tired nonsense for every vacancy.

I see you, Super Coach!

Pick the right QB immediately following the opening press conference. Land all the elite in state recruits. Beat most of your rivals in Year 1. Conference title and Playoffs Year 2. First national title year 3, with no slowdown from there. Never call a play that can be second guessed. Always manage the timeouts the way every fan would.

Do those things and maybe by Year 5 the cranky hold outs in the fanbase will finally buy in.

Clearly everyone USC is going after can do all those things, so this should be a lay up for that administration.

Not sure why you brought up numerous points. Portal, Covid, phone calls. Lol. You crazy Butchna. Haha. But I get the portal is too easy of an out and I hope they convince him to stay until the season ends. I sure as heck don’t want to see Milton again. But I understand his perspective that he isn’t playing, he isn’t going to play, and he has to continue to work hard every week for no reward. That’s hard on anyone. Especially when the person you are behind is Joe run outta bounds Milton.
I brought up all situations that would put urgency on the timeframe. There’s no limitations. He’s not running for office. Everyone including himself knows he’ll be elsewhere next SEMESTER. It won’t require a week’s “head start”…much less a month. Now if the trust is gone between himself and the staff, I’d hold no fault…but hard to believe.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Calling it now:

Mississippi State beats Kentucky this weekend
Florida upsets UGA

I could see both. Would love Florida to pull the upset and then Tennessee drive the nail in UGA’s coffin in several weeks.

Pretty much every UGA fan I know here in Atlanta thinks this Florida game is their last test before they play Alabama in the SEC championship. Nothing gets under my skin worse than that.

They didn't run Bailey off, he just didn't win the competition. I don't blame Bailey for wanting to play, but I also don't fault the coaches for playing who they see as the better QBs. And it could very well be that Heupel's system just does not fit Bailey. If that's the case, then better for Bailey to find a place he does fit. I just don't like the narrative "they've run him off" as if he's been treated unfairly. He didn't earn it. I don't care what he did in HS or what he was rated, he didn't earn the spot. It happens.
You say po-tA-to..I say po-tah-to..🤷‍♂️

I don't think the kid ever had a real chance with these guys because he doesn't fit their type...and that's ok with me. Josh Heupel is vastly more important to our hopes for rebirth than Harrison Bailey...if he doesn't want him or believe in him, then he just doesn't want him or have faith in him...like I just said in the post you quoted, they know more than I ever will.

Hi VN,

So this weekend, I got to see my son. He is showing improvement! He finally graduated from high school. Part of the program is that he has to get a reasonable job and learn to live a substance free life. He started his job at a meat packing plant today. If everything goes well, he will start college either Spring or Summer semester. I truly pray that he is back on the right track. He seemed like his old self this weekend.
Thank you very much for all of your prayers!
VolNation is truly a special place with phenomenal people!
Praise to God who has a plan and never gives up on us!!

My question was not answered. I understand that players have already made up their mind and think it gives them a headstart. I understand the coaches are fired way before the last game now. But this is all really distracting to the TEAM and SCHOOL which used to be important. Now everyone needs to get a headstart. Wish they would make it to where coaches couldn't be fired or players enter the portal until after the last regular season game. That way no one gets punished for putting the team ahead of individual needs.
Players talk. They know what's going on. Probably best if their intention is to leave to go ahead and leave. Get the distraction away from the team.

Hi VN,
Today I celebrate my 59th birthday. All I asked for was that Tennessee be undefeated at this point in the season. Considering the fully stocked team with a 4 deep roster at every position that our previous staff left for CJH and crew, didn’t think that I was asking for that much…at this point, I will happily call it even if we win out. Ruining kentucky’s and uga’s dreams and aspirations would definitely soothe the hurt of losing 4 games…

But please understand that I will absolutely expect to see Tennessee undefeated this time next year as I celebrate my 60th birthday…

Who’s with me?
2021 9-4
2022 15-0 (or more wins with an expanded playoff) 🤠

Oh, and AARP, get the frigging hint, I am not interested at all! Leave me the eff alone. 😁
Screw AARP. But don't forget your free Krispy Kreme donut. Happy Birthday!

My question was not answered. I understand that players have already made up their mind and think it gives them a headstart. I understand the coaches are fired way before the last game now. But this is all really distracting to the TEAM and SCHOOL which used to be important. Now everyone needs to get a headstart. Wish they would make it to where coaches couldn't be fired or players enter the portal until after the last regular season game. That way no one gets punished for putting the team ahead of individual needs.
I wish it was that way too, but it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back