Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi VN,

So this weekend, I got to see my son. He is showing improvement! He finally graduated from high school. Part of the program is that he has to get a reasonable job and learn to live a substance free life. He started his job at a meat packing plant today. If everything goes well, he will start college either Spring or Summer semester. I truly pray that he is back on the right track. He seemed like his old self this weekend.
Thank you very much for all of your prayers!
VolNation is truly a special place with phenomenal people!
Dang, doc. Did not recall you going through this. Definitely will keep you, your son, and the rest of your family in my prayers. Love hearing he's improving.

Hi VN,

So this weekend, I got to see my son. He is showing improvement! He finally graduated from high school. Part of the program is that he has to get a reasonable job and learn to live a substance free life. He started his job at a meat packing plant today. If everything goes well, he will start college either Spring or Summer semester. I truly pray that he is back on the right track. He seemed like his old self this weekend.
Great news Doc! I’ve been wondering how things was going just didn’t want to bring it up.

Hi VN,

May God richly bless him, your family, and restore the years that the locusts have taken.

Hi VN,
Today I celebrate my 59th birthday. All I asked for was that Tennessee be undefeated at this point in the season. Considering the fully stocked team with a 4 deep roster at every position that our previous staff left for CJH and crew, didn’t think that I was asking for that much…at this point, I will happily call it even if we win out. Ruining kentucky’s and uga’s dreams and aspirations would definitely soothe the hurt of losing 4 games…

But please understand that I will absolutely expect to see Tennessee undefeated this time next year as I celebrate my 60th birthday…

Who’s with me?
2021 9-4
2022 15-0 (or more wins with an expanded playoff) 🤠

Oh, and AARP, get the frigging hint, I am not interested at all! Leave me the eff alone. 😁

tenor.gif
1635220777550.gif

Hi VN,

Awesome news! 🙏🙏🙏

My question was not answered. I understand that players have already made up their mind and think it gives them a headstart. I understand the coaches are fired way before the last game now. But this is all really distracting to the TEAM and SCHOOL which used to be important. Now everyone needs to get a headstart. Wish they would make it to where coaches couldn't be fired or players enter the portal until after the last regular season game. That way no one gets punished for putting the team ahead of individual needs.

My question was not answered. I understand that players have already made up their mind and think it gives them a headstart. I understand the coaches are fired way before the last game now. But this is all really distracting to the TEAM and SCHOOL which used to be important. Now everyone needs to get a headstart. Wish they would make it to where coaches couldn't be fired or players enter the portal until after the last regular season game. That way no one gets punished for putting the team ahead of individual needs.
You’re on point. There’s no benefit from checking out a little over a month early. The interest and machinations to find a fit happens in a couple of zooms…it’s not the Pony Express. 😉

Thinking about taking wife to Sedona/ Flagstaff area in late March for 15th Anniversary. Never been there before. Thoughts?

I just had a seminar at ASU last month. And I stayed there for 10 extra days just to get some hiking in.
Drove to the Grand Canyon did the south rim trails for sunset. did sunrise on the north rim but that was a little harder hike.
Did a couple trails at Echo Park, Tom’s Thumb, Lost Dog Wash & hole in the rock.
• Hiked up Camel Back mountain ( I’d recommend doing this at sun up or sun down Bc I saw 2 helicopter rescues from heat exhaustion)
**I don’t think it’s quite as hot now as it was when I went
• Visited Dessert Botanical Garden
• Played a round of golf at Look Out Mountain course.
• Had breakfast almost every day at Matt’s Big breakfast.

I think he feels he's done all he's going to do in State College. A Big 10 title and a Rose Bowl is as good as it's going to get. He's trying to stay ahead of his firing, as Butch Jones tried (and failed) to do after 2016. Franklin would've been our coach had it not been for the NCAA cloud, in my opinion. Funny how things work out.

I think he feels he's done all he's going to do in State College. A Big 10 title and a Rose Bowl is as good as it's going to get. He's trying to stay ahead of his firing, as Butch Jones tried (and failed) to do after 2016. Franklin would've been our coach had it not been for the NCAA cloud, in my opinion. Funny how things work out.

There’s something going on with him and Penn State. Seems like the last 4-5 years he’s been associated with open jobs, and he’s rarely denied it, if at all. If you’re happy at a job, your name doesn’t pop up at almost every job that’s equal to or better than what you have.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Hi VN,
Today I celebrate my 59th birthday. All I asked for was that Tennessee be undefeated at this point in the season. Considering the fully stocked team with a 4 deep roster at every position that our previous staff left for CJH and crew, didn’t think that I was asking for that much…at this point, I will happily call it even if we win out. Ruining kentucky’s and uga’s dreams and aspirations would definitely soothe the hurt of losing 4 games…

But please understand that I will absolutely expect to see Tennessee undefeated this time next year as I celebrate my 60th birthday…

Who’s with me?
2021 9-4

Oh, and AARP, get the frigging hint, I am not interested at all! Leave me the eff alone. 😁
200.gif

Hi VN,

Who’s with me?
2021 9-4

giphy.gif

They obviously don't want him, I don't blame him. I don't get it, but they know more than I ever will about the game.

They've run him off, so I hope that 💩 don't backfire before we can get another couple of QBs on campus.
They didn't run Bailey off, he just didn't win the competition. I don't blame Bailey for wanting to play, but I also don't fault the coaches for playing who they see as the better QBs. And it could very well be that Heupel's system just does not fit Bailey. If that's the case, then better for Bailey to find a place he does fit. I just don't like the narrative "they've run him off" as if he's been treated unfairly. He didn't earn it. I don't care what he did in HS or what he was rated, he didn't earn the spot. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back