Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
NASCAR conducted a thorough sweep of all the garage areas across the tracks where we race," he explained. "So across those 29 tracks, and 1,684 garage stalls, we found only 11 total that had a pull-down rope tied into a knot. And only one noose — the one discovered Sunday in Bubba Wallace’s garage."

It wasn't directed at him, but obvious connections were made and it was not a common place in the garage as only 1 in 1,684 were tied that way.
It had also been there for awhile. There were photos of said pull tied the same way at the previous spring race.

Will west on the radio this morning is confident the black jerseys come out this weekend because “it makes the most sense”. Did anybody catch WHY it makes the most sense this weekend instead of next weekend? I can’t say I agree with him
Only reason I can think of is that it's the first home game against a SEC opponent.
EDIT: Also, a loss to USCjr would pretty much derail the momentum we have going right now. It's kind of a can't lose game.

Idk how connected if at all DeerPark is, but here's this...siap

"I have one source that says black helmets are definitely not coming, and another source that thinks they are.

Here’s another interesting tidbit: the source that says black helmets are not coming also used the phrase “if” when talking about black jerseys this year. I get the impression from him that the current staff does not love the look of what they have in hand that was ordered by the last staff.

That matches up with what a friend in the media told me he was hearing, which was people inside the building at laughing at the speculation because it’s far from a done deal that they will be worn at all. I know that the uniforms for next year have already been approved, and there is not a black option in that set."

Went on to say in other post that we are maybe getting a new smokey gray for next year instead of black.

"I have one source that says black helmets are definitely not coming, and another source that thinks they are.

Here’s another interesting tidbit: the source that says black helmets are not coming also used the phrase “if” when talking about black jerseys this year. I get the impression from him that the current staff does not love the look of what they have in hand that was ordered by the last staff.

That matches up with what a friend in the media told me he was hearing, which was people inside the building at laughing at the speculation because it’s far from a done deal that they will be worn at all. I know that the uniforms for next year have already been approved, and there is not a black option in that set."

Went on to say in other post that we are maybe getting a new smokey gray for next year instead of black.
Deer park is usually pretty connected especially when it comes to uniforms and things like that.

Deer park is one of the only real insiders on this board IMO

Will west on the radio this morning is confident the black jerseys come out this weekend because “it makes the most sense”. Did anybody catch WHY it makes the most sense this weekend instead of next weekend? I can’t say I agree with him

Basically...

1. wanna wear 'em and win
2. don't wanna give Lane the "pop" (I'm fine with folks being wrestling fans...but good god do I hate hearing the jargon mixed in the way him and Tyler do it)

I don't care when we wear them, I'm not a huge fan of putting the home team in all black at noon when we're a hurry up offense...cause we'll for sure make our own players hotter in doing it. I feel like if you're going to do black ya wanna do it for night games, my 2 cents.

Last edited:
If we were planning on wearing black unis this week, why wouldn’t the program put it all over social media in order to draw more fans to the game? At this point everybody including USCjr are expecting it. It makes me think that it will be next week instead.

If we were planning on wearing black unis this week, why wouldn’t the program put it all over social media in order to draw more fans to the game? At this point everybody including USCjr are expecting it. It makes me think that it will be next week instead.

Good point, but there's something about just kicking the sh@#$ out of people that also brings fans to games.

Basically...

1. wanna wear 'em and win
2. don't wanna give Lane the "pop" (I'm fine with folks being wrestling fans...but good god to I hate hearing the jargon mixed in the way him and Tyler do it)

I don't care when we wear them, I'm not a huge fan of putting the home team in all black at noon when we're a hurry up offense...cause we'll for sure make our own players hotter in doing it. I feel like if you're going to do black ya wanna do it for night games, my 2 cents.
My thoughts too.. we will also have more eyes on us for the night game

Well, go ahead and talk about it
I think if we do the fast start we have been doing, the Cocks don't play well from behind and we handle the business fairly easily. I just don't want a let down after a big win. I will be ecstatic to see a team that can string a few good performances together, show consistency. I hope all the uniform crap isn't distracting them.

Honestly the only good thing Butch Jones did for the program (not counting some of his hits on players obviously) was the Smokey Greys (the Nike version with helmets).

Those have been hands down my favorite alternate uniform we've had. I still want a helmet for the office (if anyone knows a good place to snag them?)

I think if we do the fast start we have been doing, the Cocks don't play well from behind and we handle the business fairly easily. I just don't want a let down after a big win. I will be ecstatic to see a team that can string a few good performances together, show consistency. I hope all the uniform crap isn't distracting them.
The usce dline worries me some. I think they have a former 5* or two on there. After how bad the mizzou front was, I hope our oline is prepared to play against a much better one

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back