Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't answer my specific question, but okay
I guess I can answer that question. Maybe 1 or 2. Depends on development. Ask it after the half point of the season so we can see what Milton is made of. I was just pointing out that the graphic is a little cheap and deceiving.

Reactions: SoilVol
Cook with it. Anytime you use vegetable oil or butter you can use bear oil. You can make soap or boot oil with it. It makes a fine beard oil as well.

Theres a lot of myth and legend surrounding Daniel Boone, but from what I can make out to be true: During Daniel Boone's longhunts, he would kill deer for the hides and only take some cuts of meat on rare occasions. He preferred bear meat, and he sold the rendered fat by the barrel because it was so valuable and useful. He would also make money on other small game furs he hunted and trapped.

Fun fact: he never wore a coonskin cap. He wore a beaver hat.

I don't want your bear oil.
vW8jjY8FOjMfS.gif

Bowling Green

Two-deep depth chart

WR (X) - Broden (So.), Croom (Sr.)
WR (Z) - Osborne (Jr.), Embry (R-FR.)
TE (A) - Sims (Jr.), Little (R-Fr.)
TE (B) - Bench (So.), Gazarek (R-Fr.)
QB - McDonald (Sr.), Melton (R-Fr.), Davis (So.)
LT - Banks-Wall (So.), Wollschlaeger (R-Fr.)
LG - Grant (So.), Oliver (So.)
C - Zimmerly (Fr.), Fortner (R-Fr.)
RG - Kilbane (R-Fr.), VanGorder (R-Fr.)
RT - Murphy (Sr.), Padgett (Fr.)

DE - Spires (So.), Brooks (Jr.) Hardamon (Jr.), Porter (So.)
DT - Haire (Sr.), Hawkins (So.), Brown (So.), Roberts (R-Fr.)
Will - Anders (Jr.), Brown (So.)
Mike - Neri (Fr.), Horne (So.)
Sam - Brand (Sr.), Rosser (R-Fr.)
LC - Sheppard ( So.), Jones (Fr.)
SS - Dabney (Sr.), Simms (R-Fr.)
FS - Anderson (Sr.), Day (So.)
RC - Ferguson (Sr.), Burns (Sr.)

K - Needham (Sr.)
P- Naranjo (Sr.)

That is a young inexperienced looking Oline.

I hope they have a GA that can suit up after they run out of QBs.

I actually don’t care about record this year. I’ve cared too much about the record in the past.

I want a fun team to watch that plays hard and improves. That gets the ball into playmakers hands and is well coached.

Let’s start with that.

And finish up with 15-0! That’s definitely a fun to watch season. 🤠

Am I really expecting 15-0? Yes, yes I am.
Will I become a negaVol if we don’t? No, no I won’t.
The closest that I have ever come to being a negaVol has been over the last 4 seasons. If that couldn’t convert me, nothing can possibly do that.

Go Vols!

I lived in a house in Maplehurst most of my college career! There’s a bunch of trees around Maplehurst and I remember lots of Saturdays in the fall hearing all of the sounds coming from the stadium before we headed down and seeing all of the leaves changing color in the hurst and just feeling so dang grateful to be there.
Best place to live in knoxville for a student in my opinion. I had a balcony overlooking the river. Short walk to campus and downtown.

Ok. Thanks. If no one claims them locally I may take you up on that. I will be in JC right after lunch. I have 6 together in yy10 row 6

How can I contact you? I have one other person from Kingsport that may take them and should know for sure later this morning. It looks like engineer Vol may have interest. If nobody has them locally by lunch I’ll be glad to meet you in JC before you leave and let you hopefully get them put to good use.
GBO

My top 5 UT RBs

1. James Stewart - he was the man when I first got into UT football, first autograph too. All time rushing TDs leader as well and 3rd all time in career rushing yards. In classic Fulmer fashion never got to be the featured guy too. 4 year career and spent it splitting carries with Charlie Garner & Aaron Hayden.

2. Travis Henry - only 3k rusher in UT history, National championship, 5.5 ypc #nuffsaid

3. Charlie Garner - only played 2 seasons went over 2k yards while splitting time with Stewart and 6.7 ypc

4. Cedric Houston - probably one most people will argue, but I don't care. Had to split carries with Riggs cause of his name, never got 200 carries in a season and went over 700 yards in 3 of his 4 years here. 7th all-time as well

5. Arian Foster/Jamal Lewis/Jay Graham - can't pick one they all 3 feel similar to me I think Jamal is the clear better RB when you take into account what they did in the NFL and man do I wish he hadn't got injured and left a year early. Jay was the next man up after Stewart/Hayden/Garner left and he had a huge Junior year

Those are some great names. I started watching UT football in '89 so I'd start the list then based on the RBs I've seen. I like playmakers so my list would be heavier on big play guys with high ypc. My guys also had shorter careers due to JUCO and injuries. Something like:
Chuck Webb - explosive playmaker and took a team from a losing season to top 5 the next year
Charlie Garner - 6.7 ypc, yes please
Jamal Lewis - Pre-injury he was amazing, I thought he mailed it in his Junior year
Alvin Kamara - 6 ypc with a Butch Jones OL
Travis Henry - not as explosive as the others but pretty awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back