Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
its what is happening to biles. its called "the twisties". its not hypothetical at all.
Twisties are a type of cheese curl, corn-based snack food product, available mainly in Australia, and other Oceanian countries such as Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji, the Southeast Asian countries Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and Brunei, and the island of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean. Also available in Italy, but marketed as "Fonzies". It was launched in 1950 by the General Foods Corporation. The brand name is owned by The Smith's Snackfood Company. While originally an Australian-owned company, Smith's was acquired in August 1998 by Frito-Lay, the second largest producer of snack foods in Australia, which in turn is owned by American multi-national PepsiCo. In Malaysia, Twisties is a product of Mondelēz International, after having been a part of Danone and later, Kraft Foods previously. In Thailand, the Twisties trademark is owned by Lay's, which like The Smith's Snackfood Company, is owned by PepsiCo.

Per Wikipedia

Twisties are a type of cheese curl, corn-based snack food product, available mainly in Australia, and other Oceanian countries such as Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji, the Southeast Asian countries Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and Brunei, and the island of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean. Also available in Italy, but marketed as "Fonzies". It was launched in 1950 by the General Foods Corporation. The brand name is owned by The Smith's Snackfood Company. While originally an Australian-owned company, Smith's was acquired in August 1998 by Frito-Lay, the second largest producer of snack foods in Australia, which in turn is owned by American multi-national PepsiCo. In Malaysia, Twisties is a product of Mondelēz International, after having been a part of Danone and later, Kraft Foods previously. In Thailand, the Twisties trademark is owned by Lay's, which like The Smith's Snackfood Company, is owned by PepsiCo.

Per Wikipedia
What are the 'twisties'? Simone Biles' dangerous gymnastics phenomenon (nypost.com)

Reactions: #1GatorHater
Agreed

So does Simone Biles. Most decorated American gymnast of all time despite a ****** childhood and being molested by the team doctor.

Both can be and are heroes. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
My post my call.

I’m not concerned at all about the competition with Tx and OU joining the conference. I’m happy to be on the inside of the super conference looking out (strategically, I really do think it’s the best place to be), but the coming debate about who is the real UT is gonna piss me right the **** off.

K. There was more involved…but K.
More than what was in the article? Her sports feat was commendable and the fact that she did it despite adversity is also laudable. But heroic? Nope. The word hero gets thrown around a lot in sports and it's a perversion of the true definition of heroism. Performing in gymnastics doesn't require valor or bravery. She was never in harm's way. What she did was great. But that's as far as I'm willing to go with my praise.

This is what an Olympian who embodies the spirit of the United States of America looks like opposed to just a great athlete. It's the difference between someone like say Michael Jordan opposed to Lebron James. The x factor.
iu

iu

I’m not concerned at all about the competition with Tx and OU joining the conference. I’m happy to be on the inside of the super conference looking out (strategically, I really do think it’s the best place to be), but the coming debate about who is the real UT is gonna piss me right the **** off.
Really not much of a debate. We were a university about 50 years give or take before they were a state.. With out some brave Tennesseans Texas isn’t even a state. It is Mexico North.😀

We will always be Tejas’ daddy and now we will get an opportunity to let them know constantly. Win or lose our sh!t talk will trump their big headed complex. It’s gonna be fun.
I hope they cry when we give them the "horns down" followed by the double Gauldens.

No sports feat will ever make someone a hero in my book. It's a game, not life or death.
Agree. "Sports hero" might be a better term. An athlete to look up to on the court/field.

Now...if the same person does something heroic outside of playing, then by all means. Being an athlete should not exclude them from possibly being a hero in other context.

Actually, I have a slight edit. If a Vol ever leads us to a national championship...then they're a hero. Saving a state and program from 15 years of mediocrity deserves it. 😁

This is what an Olympian who embodies the spirit of the United States of America looks like opposed to just a great athlete. It's the difference between someone like say Michael Jordan opposed to Lebron James. The x factor.
iu

iu

The "it" factor in Strug's case was Karolyi forcibly pushing her to do her second vault despite her pleading not to because of a serious injury to her foot, forcing her into retirement at age 18. its actually really sad.

The dudes dad helping him finish was a nice thing that came out of a crappy situation tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back