Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually scared to say this (scared Dad), but I need some VN prayers. We are on vacation and my 16 year old daughter started having a GI bleed. She has been in the ICU since Sunday afternoon. She is stable now, but GI bleeds can get bad really fast. She has required a transfusion. So far all tests have been “normal“, that actually scares me more… since she is in the ICU, only one parent can stay with her. My wife is a Pediatrician, so she is staying with my daughter.
Hopefully she can have her colonoscopy done this evening, couldn’t complete it yesterday due to the blood in her colon.
If I could ask for your prayers that my daughter will be okay and that the medical staff can figure out the cause and fix it soon. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you very much!
Prayers buddy! Pray it’s nothing serious!

I am actually scared to say this (scared Dad), but I need some VN prayers. We are on vacation and my 16 year old daughter started having a GI bleed. She has been in the ICU since Sunday afternoon. She is stable now, but GI bleeds can get bad really fast. She has required a transfusion. So far all tests have been “normal“, that actually scares me more… since she is in the ICU, only one parent can stay with her. My wife is a Pediatrician, so she is staying with my daughter.
Hopefully she can have her colonoscopy done this evening, couldn’t complete it yesterday due to the blood in her colon.
If I could ask for your prayers that my daughter will be okay and that the medical staff can figure out the cause and fix it soon. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you very much!
Praying for you!🙏

View attachment 374384By the way, for me that was Butch’s peak with us. I know he had more success in early 2016, but even that success was riddled with his dorky-ness (the stupid pose he did for the time-out signal at the end of Florida, tripping/falling into a kneel at the end of Georgia, etc.).
UGA stole that game, too, on a late conversion where they weren’t actually close to the line to gain. I remember thinking we were going to SMOKE Florida the next week and then we lost 10-9. Butch’s tenure was so frustrating. Right on the lip of the cup so many times but just couldn’t quite get there.

Thank you very much!
giphy.gif

Thank you very much!

Prayers sent.

Thank you very much!
Scary stuff doc…so sorry.

Thank you very much!
Prayers out.

Thank you very much!

All over it, my friend. Complete healing and peace within your hearts and minds.

Thank you very much!
Praying for her

Reactions: peaygolf
I just read this story somewhere else. In order to be a pro, you have to act like a pro.

That said, the 31 year old pro who shanked a tee shot on a par 3, sounds like he was slow. I am all for chasing dreams, but my guess is he may need another career. He went to UAB.
I have seen fights and a gun pulled on the golf course.........but never in a Tournament. This is one of the weirder things I've ever heard of. I can't wait to tal;k to UTM's coach and see what he has to say.
Curious to see if the NCAA, OVC, or UTM does anything, like a suspension .........................

Thank you very much!
Prayers sent.

I have seen fights and a gun pulled on the golf course.........but never in a Tournament. This is one of the weirder things I've ever heard of. I can't wait to tal;k to UTM's coach and see what he has to say.
Curious to see if the NCAA, OVC, or UTM does anything, like a suspension .........................

Yea, that will be interesting. Not worth it. It's just a game.

I saw a source say that 31 year old was upset that the kid and dad didn't help look for his ball. Dad replied, "you could have hit it straighter." Both sides are at fault, but a 31 year old pro has to realize that it's his own damn fault.

Reactions: peaygolf
P
Thank you very much!
Prayers for your daughter and your family!

Thank you very much!
Prayers Doc!!

Thank you very much!
Prayers sent, good luck to you and your daughter.

Thank you very much!

Scary indeed! Praying..

Thank you very much!
Prayers, for healing and comfort.

First of all, prayers for Doc and his daughter.

I’d like to get everyone’s take on the how the new transfer portal rule will effect recruiting going forward. After the news on M. Wideman today (although it sounds like he might have a grades problem) it got me thinking that it almost isn’t worth it for coaches to take a full class of high school kids who can leave so easily now. I wonder if coaches might start taking a lot less high school kids, maybe 10-15 of the best they can get that don’t need as much development and then just go to the portal to fill needs. How do you all think this will go down and how it will affect college football?

Thank you very much!

a379a9017c78e9a2cce60d7f22900e85.jpeg

Hope she's okay.

First of all, prayers for Doc and his daughter.

I’d like to get everyone’s take on the how the new transfer portal rule will effect recruiting going forward. After the news on M. Wideman today (although it sounds like he might have a grades problem) it got me thinking that it almost isn’t worth it for coaches to take a full class of high school kids who can leave so easily now. I wonder if coaches might start taking a lot less high school kids, maybe 10-15 of the best they can get that don’t need as much development and then just go to the portal to fill needs. How do you all think this will go down and how it will affect college football?

I honestly wouldn't mind if Coach Heupel decided to do this. Like you said, take 15 HS kids, then fill the rest of your needs with the transfer portal. I think he should do this, actually, at least for the first couple years.

Reactions: VOLCLASSOF2014
I honestly wouldn't mind if Coach Heupel decided to do this. Like you said, take 15 HS kids, then fill the rest of your needs with the transfer portal. I think he should do this, actually, at least for the first couple years.
That’s what I’m thinking too. I feel like rebuilding a roster is going to be a lot easier now. Also I think it probably puts a lot of pressure on coaching staffs to form relationships with as many prospects as possible now just in case later on down the road they might need them if they are in the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back