Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing we won't know final Vegas odds til after today, but I could see us being 4:1 or even 3:1, 20-25% chance.

For context, Vandy was 3:1 in 2019 heading into Omaha.
Before this weekend ARK was -200, Vandy was +300, Texas was +400, and we were +500. I imagine Vandys number will jump and we should be even with Texas.

So the way the CWS works, we won't see Vandy unless it's for the championship, right?

I was reading up on the CWS, and the way I understand it, we'll play against Virginia, Texas, and whoever wins the Miss St/ND game tonight in our bracket, double elimination. The winner of our bracket then plays the winner of the bracket containing Vandy, Arizona, Stanford, and NC State for the championship. There is no swapping of brackets. So in order for us to play Vandy, it would have to be in the championship. Assuming I understand it correctly.

So the way the CWS works, we won't see Vandy unless it's for the championship, right?

I was reading up on the CWS, and the way I understand it, we'll play against Virginia, Texas, and whoever wins the Miss St/ND game tonight in our bracket, double elimination. The winner of our bracket then plays the winner of the bracket containing Vandy, Arizona, Stanford, and NC State for the championship. There is no swapping of brackets. So in order for us to play Vandy, it would have to be in the championship. Assuming I understand it correctly.
You're correct. Works just like the regional did with each set of 4.

Gutsy kid, but the coach for Arkansas ruining chances that kid has a pro career.
Are you kidding? This dude is gonna have a chance to be in the majors for a long time as a closer. I'll admit the coach pulled a bone head mistake by starting him. He just gave up on his normal starters that carried them all year.

Are you kidding? This dude is gonna have a chance to be in the majors for a long time as a closer. I'll admit the coach pulled a bone head mistake by starting him. He just gave up on his normal starters that carried them all year.

As someone posted earlier, Kopps is 24 and a 6 year player at Arky. Vitello recruited him. He apparently over the pandemic started playing around in their "spin lab" to develop his new pitch. At his age and his tremendous one year, I am just not sure how much of an impact he will make in the majors.

Doesn't throw hard enough for a closer. But he has the chance to be a great set up/middle reliever type IMO.

Reactions: UTMVol76
Vitello may sign every HS pitcher choosing between Arky and Tennessee from here on out. They had such an unconventional pitching situation.
Anderson is the best pitching coach in college ball and that's not from being a VOL fan. Every head coach in college ball knows that. He'll get the right pictures for our ball park.

Reactions: Ryno14
The pitch count stuff is just new age baseball based off analytics and injuries…Some studies on it thinks injuries are more mechanics issues rather than overuse…. I feel it is a combination of the two……Look at the older pitchers….. Nolan Ryan once struck out 19 hitters over 13 innings in 235 pitches thrown.
That's because he was juicing----it was just part of the game during his heyday.

Since we're now guaranteed a "top 8 finish" so to speak - when's the last time one of our top sports finished this high? Talking football, basketball, women's basketball, softball.

Reactions: Revived2002
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back