Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking the long view in wanting a 16 team playoff.

The first reason is selfish, we will make it sooner and more often. The second is the exposure of more programs to the recruits. They, their families and their HS coaches will be glued to the games and see what each program has and needs. Over a few years they would probably see upwards of 30 programs. Some will probably decide they can get the visibility they want without going to the same big 4 and sitting until its their turn, if it becomes their turn.

Dilute the attraction to the same four and make them prove up their superiority over multiple games. Hate the 12 idea. 16 or 8 if not.

I'm with you. The way we deal with the helpless reveals our true nature. I have little patience for those who abuse kittens or puppies. You don't like cats? Fine. Take them to a no kill shelter. We have several.

Final note in the story, went back out to the road this morning (it's about a mile from my house) and the last one was back on the roadside. Wet, angry, hungry, and covered in dirt and leaves. Took us about 30 minutes and a plate of tasty food to get hold of it, but we did...so 4 of 4 are safe in my garage. We're gonna try to socialize them and get them homes. If we can't get them homes in a couple of weeks, we'll take them to a no-kill shelter.
1623376955709.gif

The thing about the playoffs, college football isn't like basketball or baseball--you aren't going to see Austin Peay beat Alabama. I am with Ron, I think the BCS was the best thing -- regular season means nothing anymore.

Preach! Major college football is not a tournament sport.

Reactions: Volunteer821
What's that even mean? At issue are the humans who enjoy killing for killing's sake. If that's you, please avoid me.
That should be pretty simple since I have no idea who you are…. I don’t hunt/kill anything at all…fish occasionally but very rarely keep any…… my point is as long as it is a legal/good hunt/kill the reason for those actions do not matter at all…..

That should be pretty simple since I have no idea who you are…. I don’t hunt/kill anything at all…fish occasionally but very rarely keep any…… my point is as long as it is a legal/good hunt/kill the reason for those actions do not matter at all…..

Hunters kill for the meat and the challenge. Sociopaths kill for fun. If you can't understand the difference, we have nothing further to talk about.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back