Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's how I view a 12 team playoff - it virtually guarantees that teams like Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc will be in the playoff every year - go back an look at the last time any of these schools finished outside the top 12 in the rankings.

It also should allow for other teams to rotate through and have a chance in the playoff. The big question is: can any of those teams beat the Alabama, Clemson, Ohio States of the world. If not the proposal won't solve the competition problem that CFB has.
I think it fixes a lot of issues especially the dumb bowl games that no one cares to watch. Atleast we will get to see real competition play.

I shot one wild hog while deer hunting. I had a game butcher in our group. He asked if he could have it. I said sure, just give me a shoulder. Not expecting much, I smoked it in the smoker . It was some of the best pulled pork I'd ever eaten. I was really regretting giving it away. It was a sow though. I've heard the boars are not as tasty.
Wild hog is some of the best meat I've ever ate.

Animals provide more than just food. Of course we eat them, but they also provide clothing and other materials. As long as the animal isn’t endangered and hunting is legal, there’s nothing wrong at all in killing animals and putting them to use. It would be wrong if you killed them and left them laying there to rot.
Wild pigs need to be killed and no one wants to eat them. Rotting animals help an ecosystem too, nothing wrong with killing nuisance or invasive animals to protect the balance and letting them rot if no one can use them.

Wild hog is some of the best meat I've ever ate.
You need to try more meat. Unless they're young, they are super tough, gamey, and usually rancid. Male pigs have to be castrated early or their meat goes rancid when they get older. But even female wild pigs are just awful unless they're really young. And even young ones come nowhere close to traditional pig imo

Reactions: bignewt
Football is historically cyclical though we are seeing the longest dynasties then we have previously witnessed. I think the current playoff setup is one reason, but also we are in the middle of an era with some all time great coaches. So, with that said:

Saban: has to retire eventually, no hope until then and it will be a slow bleed for a few years after he’s gone.

Ryan Day: I won’t judge him until years 4-5. Appears to be good coach but he’s playing with a full deck right now. We need Michigan to step up here.

Dabo: he’s built his legend and deserves his accolades. However, I think this is a program that could get exposed in the 2nd round of a 12 game playoff because of weak conference play. They have also benefitted from 2 generational QBs.

Kirby: meh

Lincoln Riley: another 2nd round casualty possibility. They’ve won nothing since a certain Josh Heupel was at the helm. Need Texas to step up here as much as I hate that program.

With all this illustrated, there will be changes of the guard as improbable as it may feel today. More than a decade ago I thought there was no way anyone would compete with USC out west. It happened, and it will happen to some of these programs as well.

If you take joy in killing a warm blooded creature I you are not the kind of person I want in my life. I eat meat, but I take zero joy in the fact an animal had to die for me to do so.
I've known people a lot better than me or you that loved hunting..which involved killing obviously. I have hunted and killed...I am not a monster.

He should plead temporary insanity.That’s enough to make a man insane.The idiot shouldn’t have pretended to be a female.I know that doesn’t justify killing him but come on man.

Actually has a name, trans panic defense. I know a man who looks more like a woman than a lot of women I know. “Her“ first rule is she won’t leave a place with someone without telling him the truth. Smart.

Cats tend to kill as a sign of affection as well. They'll catch a mouse or a bird, and give it to their owner as a sign of love. Some breeds of dogs are the same.

I have read that they give us dead animals because they think we can't catch our own food and don't want us to be hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back